RQ: DOJ Death Label Mode; help me fight Hibachi's 1st form!

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
-Bridget-

RQ: DOJ Death Label Mode; help me fight Hibachi's 1st form!

Post by -Bridget- »

Ok, so, playing DoDonPachi Dai-ou-jou's Death Label mode alot lately.

I can demolish the first 2 bosses, the 3rd is a bit of a pain, the 4th isnt that bad except for that dang "red block" attack, but.....

Hibachi is on a whole different level.

Right now, my goal, is simply to finally have a chance to fight against his final form, the dual fire-bees.

Specifically, it's his 1st form that's giving me trouble.

I dont seem to have any trouble dodging it's 2nd attack; that "blue swirls" one..... but the 1st and 3rd attacks eat my head.

Mostly the first one; that's the one where he sprays those blue balls in the same set pattern every shot, but you've then got those laser guns around him spinning to face you, and firing laser strings in your general direction.

I dont know how to deal with this.... It always seems like I dont have room to move!!!

Any tips on that one would be great.

And, any tips for that 3rd attack, which I just dont get to practice against too much, cause I'll often die at the 1st. If I DO get past the 1st, I'll get through the 2nd easy, but the 3rd usually kills me.

As it is, I've seen Hibachi's 2nd form in this mode exactly once; and I panicked and made an idiot of myself, haha.

Any help here is appreciated! I really wanna take this guy down.....
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

1st attack
Learn where the holes in the blue ball pattern are. Move to an appropriate hole every time the 3 way aimed lasers shoot.

3rd attack
Red pellets fire in a set pattern, blue are aimed. Simply a matter of learning a path that works for you. Maybe watch some superplays?
Specifically, each of the red pellet guns shoot at the exact same angle while during their rotations. But you don't need to know all this aiming mechanic stuff, just go hide in the corner and follow the holes in its pattern as they move around.

Well basically pattern learning yeah.

I prolly don't know what I'm talking about since all I've done is uh, watch videos, but lol
Never actually played this game.
Hope you take that bastard down.
<Sidwell> TSS is manlier than a jet figher made of biceps.
-Bridget-

Post by -Bridget- »

Yeah, I've seen alot of superplay type vids for this mode, and there are some other good ones posted in the scoring table for this game (despite it never being updated!!!).

And as for that 3rd pattern, didnt realize the bit about the red being set and the blue being aimed... that makes a bit more sense now.

Still, though, that first attack is a nasty one....

And to think, I used to find the SECOND boss in that mode impossible...
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

-Bridget- wrote:Yeah, I've seen alot of superplay type vids for this mode, and there are some other good ones posted in the scoring table for this game (despite it never being updated!!!).

And as for that 3rd pattern, didnt realize the bit about the red being set and the blue being aimed... that makes a bit more sense now.

Still, though, that first attack is a nasty one....

And to think, I used to find the SECOND boss in that mode impossible...
See dual-hibachi's final attack.... it's impossible to evade! I made it there myself so i know how it's possible :lol:
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup