RQ: Mushihime-sama Ultra mode final boss

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
-Bridget-

RQ: Mushihime-sama Ultra mode final boss

Post by -Bridget- »

Ok, so, Mushihime-sama..... the boss at the very end of Ultra mode, that small beetle of death with the dang shield.

Now, I can dodge any of it's attacks (though it's very hard), except the final one.

I just cant kill the dang thing, due to that attack. Is there some trick to it? Something Im missing?

Any tips at all would be great.
Zebra Airforce

Post by Zebra Airforce »

Are you still stuck here?
If you are I can give you advice, or you can watch this.
-Bridget-

Post by -Bridget- »

Hm..... ya know, I never thought of jumping right up in it's face like that to blast the heck outta it at those points.....

Usually I fight this thing, Ultra or Arrange, and I just freak out and try to hide at the bottom of the screen, keep firing and hope I dont blow up :P

Also, that guy's way of dealing with the "comet" attack is so much..... simpler..... than my way of doing it (sorta bounce back and forth a bit, trying to fit into tiny little holes.... as you might guess, this makes it harder!).

I'll try these tactics when I can; right now my PS2 needs a replacement import disc first.

The only other part of the game that's THAT dang obnoxious is the 2nd boss on Ultra. None of the other ones give me nearly as much trouble. Even the stage 5 boss (the first one) isnt as danged annoying as that thing. I use alot of bombs on number 2, just dont know how to deal with some of it's crap.

What is it with Cave, and stage 2 bosses HATING me so dang much?