"big" shmup event in Paris, pics & videos

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Fu

Post by Fu »

There are problems with the house guests, they are a lot and it's hard to make a shmupmeet I think into this type of event. It's also difficult to play, long lines-up.
But I don't say it's impossible !
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Ah ye didn't think about the lines problem. What do you mean by "there are problems with the house guests, they are a lot and it's hard to make a shmupmeet I think into this type of event" though ?
Fu

Post by Fu »

I say that the visitors of the Japan Expo are too many and I think we would pile up if we want to do a meet.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Maybe we can make the shmups stands bigger with more cabs so the lines get smaller next time ?
Fu

Post by Fu »

I'm not an organizer of the convention. Djvinc or Radigo should know it but it's a bit soon. The stand has a limit, that's why it was a multi stand. I don't imagine the stand can get fatter.
djvinc

Post by djvinc »

The size is not the matter ( :roll: ), it's what we can put and handle on the stand, and for a reasonable amount of money.

3 associations were on this stand, not because of the surface available, but because the 3 proposed the same thing : arcade games.
Next year, there will be more visitors than this year, so the arcade stand will (necessarily) be bigger, and hopefully more people will get involved in it to make everyone happy :wink:.
Shocky

Post by Shocky »

Fu wrote:I was here for this event, there was a shmupper from Finland (who didn't come only for this). I hope there will be a lot of shmuppers from diferent countries for the next time.
That was me =)

Some times I'm just amazingly lucky: I happened to be on holiday in Paris and saw an advert for Japan Expo in a subway station and decided to check it out. I hadn't realized just how huge an event it was, the queue was endless... When I got in, it took some four hours to check out the manga/anime stuff and when I finally discovered there was a gaming section too, I was totally blown away, so many of my favorite classics were there and new stuff too, I finally got to play Muchi Muchi Pork! Thanks goes to some friendly guys in red t-shirts. I guess you must be one of them, Fu. Merci!

There were also non-shmup games like the original Metal Gear running on an MSX and a good selection of other classics. Too bad I hadn't reserved more time for this and had to leave all too soon. If I can make it next time, I'll reserve three days just for this =)

Good job, France.
Before Pope John Paul died he decreed that Aliens were also GOD's creatures and we should treat them with respect.

Fu

Post by Fu »

Shocky wrote: I finally got to play Muchi Muchi Pork! Thanks goes to some friendly guys in red t-shirts. I guess you must be one of them, Fu. Merci!
There was a guy in red T-shirt, Guts, we can see him playing on Ibara, and a man who met to you with a worst english than me, Mlejazz (he should be in red also). I tried to help him (I was the little guy), and tried to translate the "lard attack" of Muchi Muchi Pork :o ! (after, an other member of shmup.com speaked to you and managed to have a correct conversation, Raphael...)

Oh, there was a tournament on Ibara, scores of 6M to 150K I believe. I finished 3rd...Mlejazz finished 2nd.
Shocky

Post by Shocky »

Fu wrote: There was a guy in red T-shirt, Guts, we can see him playing on Ibara, and a man who met to you with a worst english than me, Mlejazz (he should be in red also). I tried to help him (I was the little guy), and tried to translate the "lard attack" of Muchi Muchi Pork :o ! (after, an other member of shmup.com speaked to you and managed to have a correct conversation, Raphael...)
Ok, now I know who you are! You were wearing black. And it was Mlejazz who owned the MMP pcb.. He's in one of those photos too. Yeah, I was having some trouble communicating at first, but when you and Raphael helped, there were no more problems (except the "lard attack" took some time, and I lost two or three lives at the same easy lasers when I panicked and moved in between them... argh :). Thanks again.
Before Pope John Paul died he decreed that Aliens were also GOD's creatures and we should treat them with respect.