Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
popawell

Post by popawell »

Apologies, but I am unable to attend any meets this year. No transportation (didn't get a driver's license this year :cry: )
Dale

Post by Dale »

ROBOTRON wrote: I Plan to bring a few shmups that you guys really don't play ( at least I never hear you mention certain ones).
I don't think I've shown you Gunbird2 yet, I'll haft to show it to you next time were together. Andy is out of town and he's my only ride I won't be able to attend FNG or a shmupmeet till he gets back.

How did you like Contra:Hard Corps and the Batman game?
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

Pretty cool, thanx. I have to admit I haven't been gaming much lately on certain systems, I think I played each one twice so far.
Fight Like A Robot!
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

@ROBOTRON
FNG runnin' this week? I desire to lose at somethin'.

@Ayanami
Recording Gekirindan. As you probably know the PS2 version allows muting the BGM (the BGM slider), but no TATE. I have a composite/S-Video splitter for PS2/Xbox1/GC and the ability to record in S-Video via USB device thinger.

Should I bring my tower w/recording equipment or do you have a better method for doing this? I'd rather use the best A/V stuff we have available. But I dunno how you feel about changing to PS2 controller and running in yoko.

Should I pre-practice and raise our expectations to attempt a dual-1LC? Or expect 1CC? We may be trying the whole time if we do 1LC, but that's the only videos I put out...so....self-conflict :? but exceptions are fine.

@Sonic R
I believe to have gotten out of the thing I was supposed to do this weekend.....at least I think I did ^_^;
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Roster updated!

Thanks guys for your quick replies :D

I am sorry to those who won't be able to make it :cry:
Will hope to see you next time!
Of note - anytime anyone is feeling lonely and wish to hang out and play some games - feel free to PM and we can make it happen :wink:

@ ROBOTRON:
Hope you are feeling better! Feel free to bring ANY games you wish to play - we had a fair amount of fight games going on during the first meet as many fellows enjoy the fighting games as well to.

We are not just restricted to playing shooties, we also enjoy other games as well (fighting, puzzle, etc.)
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

ROBOTRON wrote: Shall I bring fighters again as well? I have a couple of new ones since last time like GGXX Accent Core, World's greatest disciple: Kenichi (Capcom fighter based on an anime) and Fist of the North Star (Sammy/Arc Systems). We can also play Melty again too, maybe. I also have KOF 11 and Maximum Impact 2.
I know Ayanami has Fist of the North Star, Melty Blood, and KOF XI for the Japanese PS2, as well as KOF 2006 (I assume that's the MI 2 you're talking about) on the PS2. Getting him or me to play MI will be like pulling teeth since we're not huge fans, but his brother (the guy who was playing Guilty and Melty with us last time) loves the game(s), so if he's there you may be in luck.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Tempest wrote: his brother (the guy who was playing Guilty and Melty with us last time) loves the game(s), so IF he's there you may be in luck.
Lol.

@Sonic R & Ayanami: If there's anything you can think of for us to bring, just let us know.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Alrighty then, I need to talk to my parents about the increase in people attending, should not be a problem though. Looks like I will have to bring another TV down.

Small problem that may become a big problem. The AC just shit the bed yesterday, gonna try and get it fixed soon. Should be good to go by saturday. If it does not get repaired in time though, it may be one hot and sticky as all hell meet.

DJ icompetent - If you want to do some recording, then bring your stuff. All my shit for recording is uber mediocre.

Robotron - I know Sonic R has Powerstrike now, so if you want he can just bring it with him. As Tempest mentioned I have all of those fighting games except Accent Core and the new Capcom fighter. Bring what ever you wish to bring though.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

How many TV's will we have?

I can bring another TV if necessary.

I am also bring:
Xbox 360
Turbo Duo
Neo Geo AES
Sega Saturn (Japan)
Sega Master System

any other console to bring?
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

I can bring along an A/V famicom. I also have access to a number of pre-NES consoles, but they all require access to an RF connector to hook up, which I don't know if that's problematic or what..
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

AC is fixed. Crises avoided.

Brining down my TV from my room, that will make 3. If I bring down the other one I have, that will be 4. Should not be necessary to bring a TV, I got heaps of them.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Ayanami wrote:AC is fixed. Crises avoided.

Brining down my TV from my room, that will make 3. If I bring down the other one I have, that will be 4. Should not be necessary to bring a TV, I got heaps of them.
:whew: Cool that the AC is fix (though it has cooled down last few days)

:whew: glad I don't have to lug a TV over :wink:

Well it is 2 more days!!! :D :D :D
Any questions let myself or Ayanami know.
Need refresh on directions? Need a phone number with a human on the other end of the line?
Just say so!
See you blokes on Saturday!
Dale

Post by Dale »

PM me info on the weekly meets you and your friends have, me and Andy might be able to make it to one of those.

I've been practicing driving recently so it shouldn't be too much longer till I can go to Shmupmeets and FNG on my own accord.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Alright, let me get a full list of stuff to bring:

Famicom w/ Over Horizon and whatever other fami shooters I decide to lug along.

Summer Carnival Nexzr for Turbo Duo, along with any other turbo games I feel like.

Sin & Punishment for the 64-anyone have the equipment to play Japanese N64 games? I've yet to swap the case with a US game so I can run it on US n64s w/o an adaptor.

Atari 2600 with some shooters and the Supercharger games? Xbox 360 controller?
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

ubersaurus wrote:Alright, let me get a full list of stuff to bring:

Famicom w/ Over Horizon and whatever other fami shooters I decide to lug along.

Summer Carnival Nexzr for Turbo Duo, along with any other turbo games I feel like.

Sin & Punishment for the 64-anyone have the equipment to play Japanese N64 games? I've yet to swap the case with a US game so I can run it on US n64s w/o an adaptor.

Atari 2600 with some shooters and the Supercharger games? Xbox 360 controller?
Everything looks good to me!
I only have two 360 controllers + one arcade stick. So it may be good idea to bring a couple 360 controllers just in case :wink:

We have N64 that has adjusted cart slot.

See everyone in a little while :D
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Good times, folks. Thanks to Sonic R and Ayanami for zapping my car battery so I could get home!

Truly I am the king of Nexzr!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Thanks Again to everyone who came out and BIG Thank You to Ayanami for offering his residence yet again!

Best wishes to ROBOTRON - hope you are feeling better mate! We Miss you :cry:

Stay tune for the next big meet!

Some recent highlights:
Davey tears up Dangun Feveron
kccttzj scores big in Donpachi (Saturn)
Thunder Force V compare - PlayStation vs. Saturn
Folks step up to challenge of War Tech: Senko no Ronde
ubersaurus shows off Atari 2600 shooting games

Competitive play commence on the Turbo Duo with Summer Carnival '93 official tournament soft - Nexzr (thanks ubersaurus!)
Top 3 players:
DJ Incompetent (Worlds Greatest :wink: )
Sonic R
ubersaurus

Many games were played and good times had by all! Thanks again everybody! See you folks for the next big one coming Fall 2007!
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

Sorry, I was not up to coming. I WILL be at the next one. Sounds like you guys really had fun.
Fight Like A Robot!
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

ROBOTRON wrote:Sorry, I was not up to coming. I WILL be at the next one. Sounds like you guys really had fun.
Well, naturally. There was Turmoil...
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

GLA pre-season training camp announced for Saturday August 18th.

The time is come!
The 2007 season is underway and it look to be a fun time!

The place: Sonic R's dungeon

Time: 6pm?

Questions?
Please notify myself or our captain, Ayanami.

Its time!
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

GLA?
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Dale

Post by Dale »

Hey Uber I read your post at MIG about Arcana Heart and I just wanted to tell you that I've already pre-ordered it off of Yesasia. It shouldn't be coming in till October but I'll make sure to bring to FNG or any similar event so everyone can try it when I get it in
Davey

Post by Davey »

I'm in.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

are infidels and traitors allowed? :D :D :D
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

So you can share our precious plans and strategies with your band of brigands!?!?

Any who, yeah I don't care if ya stop by. Fact of the matter is most of the strats that will have to be kept secret are going to be during the play weeks when people find out scoring tricks and what not. We are just getting together to practice and talk about the tourny in general. Most planning we will do is what kind of games are we going to vote for and what not.

If I am wrong, any of my fellow GLA members my protest. But I don't see the danger here.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

All are welcome to hang out!

Especially those from other teams :twisted:

GLA pre-season training camp just sounds cool!

Anyways, see you blokes on the 18th.

PM or call me for any questions :D
Davey

Post by Davey »

Ayanami wrote:But I don't see the danger here.
We named ourselves after a group of superheroes that suck. I'd be surprised if we have any worthwhile secrets.

Besides, the World's Greatest Shmup Player would make a pretty badass hostage.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Where have I been??? Yeah, I'm just now seeing that something is going on on Saturday. Anyway, hopefully I won't miss too much. I've got to work and won't be able to get there until 10-10:30ish.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Just got back from London, will definitely be there tomorrow.

Probably going to bring my PC over for MAME runs. :D