Rez language?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
bleem

Rez language?

Post by bleem »

alright, I know this isn't quite a shmup... but. I was looking into buying the JP release since it's so much cheaper...

My question is: how much text does this game have? Would it be worth the extra 30$ to have the story? is there a story?
Sold To: Overkill55, al138, vercimber

Bought From: Brian, GaijinPunch
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Stage 5 is the only one with "relevant" text. I don't know if any of the in-game stuff is in japanese tho.

You don't need any of the game text. Except for maybe setting up Direct Assault when you unlock it.

Gamefaqs should fill in all blanks on the real story. Basically everything told in the game is communicated visually.
mirkvid

Post by mirkvid »

it's all english!
bleem

Post by bleem »

thanks for the quick replies. ah hah, I did post in the wrong forum, sorry about that.
Sold To: Overkill55, al138, vercimber

Bought From: Brian, GaijinPunch
eretsua

Post by eretsua »

mirkvid wrote:it's all english!
i think the game detects which region ps2 is and adjusts the language accordingly. so for example if you have jap version of the game and play it on a modded pal ps2 (like i do) then it's in english. if you play the jap game on a jap ps2 it's in japanese.
warning: a huge warning sign is approaching fast!
http://community.livejournal.com/the_dump_ever/profile/
FatalError

Post by FatalError »

Good thing I own the Japanese version of Rez!

The Japanese version of Rez is 98% in English. The only exception is the Easy Rez mode (where you can play the first four stages without worrying about getting hit). The option to play that mode is in Japanese.

On Stage 5 it's all in English.

If you are springing for the Japanese Version you may want to attempt to snag the limited edition with the Trance Vibrator (if you are planning on getting the PS2 version).

On an additional note, the Trance Vibrator is also compatible with Space Channel 5: Part 2 and the Japanese version of Disaster Report.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

eretsua wrote:i think the game detects which region ps2 is and adjusts the language accordingly. so for example if you have jap version of the game and play it on a modded pal ps2 (like i do) then it's in english. if you play the jap game on a jap ps2 it's in japanese.
No such feature exists in PS2 games. Like FatalError said, the game is mostly in English in the first place.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Having played the JPS2 version, I honestly don't recall seeing any Japanese text anyplace in the whole thing.

Either way, methinks it's safe to label it import-friendly.
Ceph

Post by Ceph »

Ghegs wrote:
eretsua wrote:i think the game detects which region ps2 is and adjusts the language accordingly.
No such feature exists in PS2 games.
Actually, some (or most?) multi-language Euro games automatically select the language your console is set to when you loaad the game.
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

I can guarantee at least Jak 3 does that. It surprised me when I saw portuguese subtitles on the game. I was WTF?!?!

Don't know why would someone waste time playing Rez. Most overrated game EVER.
PaCrappa

Post by PaCrappa »

Ceph wrote:
Ghegs wrote:
eretsua wrote:i think the game detects which region ps2 is and adjusts the language accordingly.
No such feature exists in PS2 games.
Actually, some (or most?) multi-language Euro games automatically select the language your console is set to when you loaad the game.
That is the game detecting your settings. Not the system's native region. Very different.

Pa
nZero

Post by nZero »

Japanese DC version is the same way, detects your system language setting for text. Of course, pretty much everything in-game is English either way, it's just the startup screens and a few menu options that change.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Shatterhand wrote:Most overrated game EVER.

nuh-uh.