RQ: Batrider - Grubby, how the hell you take this SOB down?

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Ayanami

RQ: Batrider - Grubby, how the hell you take this SOB down?

Post by Ayanami »

I need some serious help defeating Grubby. Any small tips or long explanations would be great.

I got the first bullet spam spread thing down. The really fast red bullets I can dodge as well. But the quick blue spread gets me, and the stupid little double turret thing that unleashes that kind of awkward red bullet pattern kills my ass unless I have bombs still left. Then there is the part where he bust out the massive bullet spam and the individual arms are still shooting fire, lasers and what ever else at ya.

I have been stuck on this prick for quite some time now. Any help would be appreciated very much so.
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

The chaotic twin turret spread can be dodged by sweeping up to and across the top of the screen. Might have to resort to minimalistic dodging instead after sweeping to the top for slower ships though. The blue laser spread that follows directly afterwards will miss unless you happen to go back down the screen.

The arm turrets should be dodged by slow tapping movements in a single direction. This method also deals with the spread that accompanies them.

Grubby also has some attack where he summons a bunch of drones that shoot lasers all over the place. Not sure what activates it, but it's almost as ugly as Envy's purple lasers.
<Sidwell> TSS is manlier than a jet figher made of biceps.
DEL

!

Post by DEL »

This Boss needs to be learned. The simplest way is to grab an Icarus replay.
You've got Discharge's 4 forms to look forward to after that :D .
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

shoe-sama wrote:The chaotic twin turret spread can be dodged by sweeping up to and across the top of the screen. Might have to resort to minimalistic dodging instead after sweeping to the top for slower ships though. The blue laser spread that follows directly afterwards will miss unless you happen to go back down the screen.
I thought it was something like that. Will have to give it another shot tonight.
DEL wrote:This Boss needs to be learned. The simplest way is to grab an Icarus replay.
You've got Discharge's 4 forms to look forward to after that :D .
Indeed. I am sure Discharge will be loads of fun.