XRGB-3, SuperGun, and some Shmups

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
playboycougar

XRGB-3, SuperGun, and some Shmups

Post by playboycougar »

Hi all. I'm finally getting into the JAMMA shmup scene with some new hardware. On its way is an XRGB-3, Raiden Fighters 2, and Espgaluda. I have my supergun right now and am anxiously awaiting the rest. All this will be hooked up to a tated 21" Dell (trinitron) CRT.

My question is, is there anything that I can contribute to the forums regarding the XRGB-3? High res pictures, pictures of the menus? Testing certain cable combinations, etc?
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

bring us these pictures...plz
=/
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

For playboycougar,

Or you could spend about $30-$40 USD for a used Commodore Amiga 14" RGB analog monitor that accepts true low-resolution arcade 15.7kHz horizontal sync rate and get a woody. You won't be dissapointed with that particular setup (and cheap btw)... ^_~

If you can pick up an XRGB-2 upscan convertor, that's the one that has built-in support for the Seibu Kaihatsu and Toaplan arcade PCBs (without the 'dreaded' screen scrolling issues that the other XRGBs have with those particular PCBs)..... ^_~

May I ask what your source/website is for getting the XRGB-3 upscan convertor?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
playboycougar

Post by playboycougar »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:For playboycougar,

Or you could spend about $30-$40 USD for a used Commodore Amiga 14" RGB analog monitor that accepts true low-resolution arcade 15.7kHz horizontal sync rate and get a woody. You won't be dissapointed with that particular setup (and cheap btw)... ^_~

If you can pick up an XRGB-2 upscan convertor, that's the one that has built-in support for the Seibu Kaihatsu and Toaplan arcade PCBs (without the 'dreaded' screen scrolling issues that the other XRGBs have with those particular PCBs)..... ^_~

May I ask what your source/website is for getting the XRGB-3 upscan convertor?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Well here's an image of the set up so far. The XRGB-3 will arrive soon.

So would Raiden Fighters 2 roll/scroll on the XRGB-3? I really hope not.
I picked it up from a member on the neo-geo.com forums.