Fren-zE pc version looming

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
chalky

Fren-zE pc version looming

Post by chalky »

As usual things are taking longer than expected. However I do not think it will be too long now until release. To keep everyone going for now my partner in crime has just posted some new screenies http://www.hermitgames.com/frenze.html
mrMagenta

Post by mrMagenta »

hehe. first though: oh, crap another game that looks like the game i need to finnish...

but you have found your own kind of style with your glowing vectors. nice and efficcient. looks fun. and you have anti-aliasing. :-)

how do those waves work?
my game is a rythm based shmup.. with all sounds quantized and so on, player creating the soundscape etc etc (before quantic blaze appeared, but after otocky :-P). is that too similar to what you're doing? since i'm in a rut with my game.. no time to work on it. i wouldn't mind sharing ideas for stuff you can do with sound and shmups, if that is a gameplay element in your game too
chalky

Post by chalky »

There is no gameplay element linked with sound however it did cross my mind when i played Rez at the time of developing it. This is the pc conversion of the ps2 game with additional bonus level, graphical tweaks and new sfx and sound.

I can't wait to get this out there so I can get on with my new project.

oh btw, the waves are done using a sine wave and small line segments
Dandy J

Post by Dandy J »

The demo and full version are available and imo it is really cool.
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

just received full version on my mail.

Wow! :shock:
its really gem.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I signed up because I just purchased this game, and I just wanted to say... fantastic work! This game is kicking my ass, I don't remember any game kicking my ass this bad than Beatmania. Good work, definitely a worthwhile purchase :)
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

Squirrel wrote:I signed up because I just purchased this game, and I just wanted to say... fantastic work! This game is kicking my ass, I don't remember any game kicking my ass this bad than Beatmania. Good work, definitely a worthwhile purchase :)
yeah, i cant even beat 3rd boos, even with shields abuse.
landshark

Post by landshark »

$5? I'll buy it. The demo was fun - I look forward to the full.
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

i love this game... bought it about a year ago, and everytime i play it, i find it prety much challengin... wondering if theres gonna be a sequel or soemthing.