Omega Five (XBLA)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
EOJ

Omega Five (XBLA)

Post by EOJ »

New hori from Hudson set to be released for XBLA:

http://www.triggerzone.de/gamesdb/index ... me&id=1737

Looks a bit cheezy so far, but it could be decent, especially for $5 or whatever.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

Hmmm, the characters are a bit big, aren't they. A little bit trashey on the design side also...
I must say I'm dissapointed with XBLA lately. Minter's Space Giraffe and the next Mutant Storm are cool and all but still no word about Ikaruga, Raiden IV or a new Geometry Wars. At the same time PSN gets stuff like R-Type Delta and Super Stardust HD - definitely less titles but the ones that are available are high quality stuff already.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

It looks like it has gameplay heavily inspired by Forgotten Worlds.
No_not_like_Quake

Post by No_not_like_Quake »

It seems to be developed by Natsume. Reminds me of Forgotten Worlds or more like S.C.A.T. actually.
SuperGrafx

Post by SuperGrafx »

No_not_like_Quake wrote:It seems to be developed by Natsume. Reminds me of Forgotten Worlds or more like S.C.A.T. actually.
First thing that came to my mind. SCAT was a great game too.

Lets hope they redo Shadow of the Ninja while they're at it.
No_not_like_Quake

SuperGrafx wrote:
No_not_like_Quake wrote:It seems to be developed by Natsume. Reminds me of Forgotten Worlds or more like S.C.A.T. actually.
First thing that came to my mind. SCAT was a great game too.

Lets hope they redo Shadow of the Ninja while they're at it.
That'd be awesome... if they still have the skills.
szycag

Post by szycag »

Link isn't working for me.
That is Galactic Dancing
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Just clicked on the link, and it still works fine for me.
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

Kotaku just posted a new trailer for this. Looks like a lot of action on screen:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/omega-fi ... 315542.php
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
-Bridget-

Post by -Bridget- »

Necronom wrote:Hmmm, the characters are a bit big, aren't they. A little bit trashey on the design side also...
I must say I'm dissapointed with XBLA lately. Minter's Space Giraffe and the next Mutant Storm are cool and all but still no word about Ikaruga, Raiden IV or a new Geometry Wars. At the same time PSN gets stuff like R-Type Delta and Super Stardust HD - definitely less titles but the ones that are available are high quality stuff already.
It's not that Live doesnt have these games coming....

It's more like..... ok, WHEN are they getting here already?!?!?!?

Im aware of Ikarugo, Trigger Heart Excelica, and biggest for me, Shikigami no Shiro 3, all coming to Live. I'll get all of them when they do.....

........but WHEN are they coming?

For now, as far as shmuppy things go, I did pick up E4: Every Extend Extra Extreme, and it's freaking GRAND, but I'm anxious to see more stuff like that show up on there.

Oh, and by the way, I think there already was a topic for Omega Five somewhere before...... but whatever.

I wonder if I can find release dates for the Live versions of those.....
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Looks like it could be the most awesomest character based shmup in a while.
I'll buy a 360 when I can both buy it and Excelia here in pal country.
Trek trough the Galaxy on silver wings and play football online.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

The trailer was just released on XBL...looks good and pretty. Dunno how large the characters actually are...hoping they're not as large as they look.
No_not_like_Quake

The large characters worry me yet this being natsume, I hope they can pull it off. I know that the programmers of S.C.A.T. have probably long gone to other game pastures... I for one hope the company has the same code of awesome gaming. So far, my opinion is why wouldn't they?
gunbird18

Post by gunbird18 »

Vexorg wrote:Kotaku just posted a new trailer for this. Looks like a lot of action on screen:

Wow, Deathsmiles without the loligoth/fantasy theme and fought 2000 years later! Actually looks 100 times better than most of the XBLA offerings.
"When you can say you love shooting games, I get the sense you’re no longer a normal person. (laughs)" - S. Yagawa
KNTain

Post by KNTain »

Half of the visuals look like they're straight out of Gunvalkyrie.
SuperGrafx

Post by SuperGrafx »

gunbird18 wrote:
Vexorg wrote:Kotaku just posted a new trailer for this. Looks like a lot of action on screen:

Wow, Deathsmiles without the loligoth/fantasy theme and fought 2000 years later! Actually looks 100 times better than most of the XBLA offerings.
I'm just glad to see some news/clips of the game. It sort of disappeared there for a while.
kemical

Post by kemical »

Last edited by kemical on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Bridget-

Post by -Bridget- »

*looks at vid*

That vid shows ALOT more than the vid I'd seen before.

I DEFINITELY will be getting this.
jp

Post by jp »

Lovin' the music and the gameplay looks very solid.

Cannot wait!!!! :D
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

jp wrote:Lovin' the music and the gameplay looks very solid.

Cannot wait!!!! :D
I can't fucking believe it! It's truly next-gen shmup....... saw the vid in HD quality and was definitely blowed off by anything
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
kemical

Post by kemical »

Last edited by kemical on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shocky

Post by Shocky »

Looks ace, there aren't too many Forgotten Worlds -type of games. The trouble is the system... I immediately thought that I'll go to my friend and see how the game plays, if it's even good enough to make me buy an X360, but then I remembered: He got the Red Ring of Death just a week ago, and who knows when the thing is repaired :/

What the hell is going on? How come suddenly all these cool japanese shmups appear for the X360, which has the smallest install base in Japan, where the hardcore target group is? Some MS boss has a shmups fetish and buys developers? Sony is being an ass with the PSN deals? What? Where are the PS3 and Wii versions?
Before Pope John Paul died he decreed that Aliens were also GOD's creatures and we should treat them with respect.

TVG

Post by TVG »

Whoa, kemical's post raised my hype meter by 200%. When is it out dammit? I hope they don't pull off a Tetris Splash and don't release it in europe.

Speaking of Tetris, why the hell didn't MS it? This is retarded, fuck them. I'm gonna do an aneurism. wahqshx

Also, is it me or is the XBLA library terribly mediocre overall? I got a new game, it's "guess wether it'll be a geometry wars or bejeweled clone this week".

I also don't get where's the fun in playing games like space giraffe and geon (especially geon) but that's just me as people seem to disagree.

And the first classic shmup to come on XBLA will the trigger fuckin' exelica? Come on :(

Well, there's still fatal fury special, i'm around 1500 matches on that, it's awesome. Much much better online than SF2HF. I need to buy a hori pad.
"In short, it comes down to spirit" - dodonpachi developper Kohyama.
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

Necronom wrote:Hmmm, the characters are a bit big, aren't they. A little bit trashey on the design side also...

Rtype Delta- WTF, i must have my head up my ass not knowing that, great game and hard as hell. yeah XBLA needs to stop giving us so much damn arcade greatest hits crap you can already get for like the last eight years on any last gen console. At this point all i want are Cave ports on next gen systems (wishful thinking). Im getting my first super gun soon, and if i get hooked that Xbox is gonna see ebay real soon.
Iron Maiden: "It was dead, but alive at the same time."
kemical

Post by kemical »

I think OmegaFive comes out early November? I've been assuming it is a worldwide thing
Last edited by kemical on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

how about hitbox?
small/big?
roker

Post by roker »

what is up with centipedes and the future?

I'm waiting for the day the centipedes take over

I'll be the asshole they interview on the local news that says:

"I saw it coming, but no one believed me!"

regardless, it looks cool, I take it this is going to be a two stick affair

can't wait, my interest after seeing the vid has increased 10 fold
"something witty."
by someone witty
nem

Post by nem »

kemical

Post by kemical »

P_HAT wrote:how about hitbox?
small/big?
I'd say medium, It feels like the hitbox is mainly the chest/torso, definitely not small but it didn't seem horribly large and clunky either.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

Here we go...nice gameplay footage. Seems the game is ready but MS takes its time. Visuals and weapons look really nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPEojuUqMfQ