Thunder Force V

velocity7

Post by velocity7 »

Figured it out. Press F6 once. In Pete's gfx plugins, normally you see "D1" if you show the FPS counter; pressing F6 makes this "D2". As a result, the second player controller is enabled.
Cabinet

Post by Cabinet »

Thanks, now it works like it should.
But : all functions (except the analog sticks) have to be assigned; if not, ePSXe will disable the P2 pad, no matter what you do or how many times you press F6.

I tried out all three additional RVRs, and here´s my conclusion :

Green RVR : It may have x2 scoring ability, but it sucks because of non-existent firepower.

Red RVR : Too fast for me to control properly with the keyboard. It takes ages for the CRAWs to recover to blue status.

Purple RVR : Slow. Even with speed set to 100%, it take around five seconds to get from one end of the screen to the other.

So I guess I´ll continue to use the default RVR...
EIHoppe

Post by EIHoppe »

Back to the scoring, I guess.

Finally managed to take out the grand finale without dying, something which made me quite happy. The irony of course lies in that I was extremely sloppy the rest of the game and only ended up with 2 stock at the end. Oh well, always next game.

Got sidetracked and the bloody game closed out the name entry though...now I gotta beat this score 20 times. Expect some reposting and/or editing. ;P

================
Normal Difficulty - PSX
EIHoppe - 444,784,781 - ALL! - Route 1-2-3
================

On a sidenote, I think I might try some Green RVR runs to see if it's even possible to get some halfway decent scores with it.
Have my doubts, though.

EDIT: YAY! Just no-missed it. Significant score increase, too.

================
Normal Difficulty - PSX
EIHoppe - 527,287,885 - ALL! - Route 3-1-2
================

Does anyone understand what affects the last digit of your score? It's certainly not continuing, but something on the final boss seems to give you "random" last point gains. Very odd.

...Now on to some Green runs, at any rate.

EDIT2: Green is nearly impossible at first glance. Even the little peon enemies take a great deal of fire to kill.

1-2-3 is definately out, but I'm going to experiment with 3-2-1 and 3-1-2 later.
ThunderForce 222

Post by ThunderForce 222 »

Actually the BEST way to get maximun score in the "Playstation" version is to take the stages in this order assuming you are on NORMAL difficulty. 3-1-2......this is because you can only X16 the mechanical monkey on stage "2" with the Hunter special "Needle"Position you're ship to where the nose is on his right arm as he comes into the foreground, then let him have it. This only is possible on Normal because it takes too much to kill him on Hard or Master. But really the stages should be taken 3-2-1 as for story line. I mean getting the FREE-RANGE in the first 13 seconds of the game isn't enough to tell you that stage 3 is the first stage I don't know what is.

On the Saturn Version----The SUPREME VERSION!!!! If you X16 or kill something only as fast as it can be killed without a X16-i.e. Guardian's Knight's Body-only a X15 is possible. The game can be maxed out. I ONLY play on Master as is this is the true version of the game and how it is to be played.

On Normal difficulty EVERYTHING can be X16ed..even Armament Armed Arm's 3 forms, Iron Maiden as well in the first 3 levels. This is true for Master difficulty as well. Somethings like Guardians' Knight has either glitches i.e. The timed LEG piece which I've only ever got at a X13 and his Pentagram Trap which my best was X16-X16-X13-X11 with the Hunter Special.

There are some scoring spots that don't really improve you're score by a bunch but if you can pull them off it looks cool and shows some real knowledge and skill.

Show off spot #1---Stage 3--After the towers with guns you will encounter a section of enemies that look like a tunnel. They are directly after the exploding bullet pods. Aim you're Free Range behind and when you approach them fly inside of them. The Free Range kills them bhind you and you get Evasion bonus and It LOOKS WAYYYY too slick. It takes practice and knowledge of shot timing, especially on Master.

Show off Spot #2---Stage 2. It's Evasion time. Try to 16X all enemies while getting Max evasion bonus on all of the rock pillars. Perfect Free-Range movement is necessary. And kill the eggs near the end while getting max evasion bonus and all enemies.

Show off spot #3---Stage 1---When you come out of the ocean near the end do not shoot ANY of the missles..dodge them all..No points but WAYYY TOO much Style and gets oooohhss and AAHHSSSS!!!

Stage 4---Only use Twin shot on the flying blocks that hold mass CRAW units-X16 them and X16 enemies. enemy knowledge is needed here.

Stage 4---Falling Machine parts. There is a certain way this must be done so as not to let ANY of the parts fall and get them all with the right CRAW usage. The first Section you come across Start from top of screen and use the Twin Shot super and go straight down. The Quickly switch to you're Wave to get the rest. Placement is crucial here, I reall can't explain it in words. The next wall of parts do the same thing as the first even though there is a wall that will block you're shot. The trick is to go fast as the Twin Shot super"Sword"'s initial blast will hit the parts on the other side and destroy them. Continue to use the wave afterwards with positionment. And finally Use the "Sword" on the Final wall. Not every technique I use have I wrote on, like I said I can't explain but show.

Stage 5---On Master you can X16 Everything here you just need to use the Vambrace. In the begining "NOSE UP" on the first 2 enemies to X16 them. Then lose you're Brigindane Attachment and go to Town.

Stage 5---Battle the Vasteel Original.--This is THE most difficult thing to do on Master. Get all the Power-ups and then dog-fight with the Vasteel instead of just aiming you're Free-Range and destroying his Free-Way and riding it out. The best advice is to get in front and use the Back-Shot and Super "Chain" in conjunction so you don't get hit by his Blade shots. This takes a tremendous amount of skill and dexterity. To get in front go by as fast as you can and when he fires his Free-Way use the Back-Shot super to create a shield effect. The rest is up to you.

Stage 6---Destroy all the rocks at a X16 bonus. This takes knowledge of patterns and weapon use. Use the Free-Range of course, mostly without CRAW energy. Just Nose up on the rocks. of course those pesky drones are shooting all the while. Just find you're pattern.

Maxing out the score--Playstation version.
It's real simple.......when you encounter Guardians Computer simply destroy all forms but the last. Stay on the screen for about 2 1/2-3 hours destroying the Yellow fireballs and the green balls. The fireballs are worth 500,000 and the Green balls are worth 1,200,000. All while dodging bullets. with practice this gets really easy. I've only done it on Normal and for a hour on Hard.
The score maxes out at 1,103,999,995 on the PS with all perfect bonuses.

If you need any more strats on this or any other ThunderForce just ask. I absolutley LOVE TF. Since I was 13 and rented TF3 was hooked. It's my shooter series of all time.

Coincedently I was the winner of the Working Designs "Thunder Force V" contest. I am so glad there is a following of this series.

Untill Thunder Force 6.........
"AREA GUARD NAME, GUARDIANS KNIGHT--SUB-NAME--"FOR WHOM IS THE SWORD DRAWN?!"
ThunderForce 222

Scores for Saturn Version
-----------------------------
MASTER Difficulty-1,439,999,999----Max score and Max bonus

Scores for Playstation Version
----------------------------------
NORMAL Difficulty NO SCORING TRICK--716,644,765--MAX Bonus
MASTER Difficulty NO SCORING TRICK--779,717,835--MAX Bonus

I would also like to know everyone's scoring technique on the Vasteel Original. I've jumped my score from 3mill to 6mil on several occasions.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

ThunderForce wrote:Scores for Saturn Version
-----------------------------
MASTER Difficulty-1,439,999,999----Max score and Max bonus

Scores for Playstation Version
----------------------------------
NORMAL Difficulty NO SCORING TRICK--716,644,765--MAX Bonus
MASTER Difficulty NO SCORING TRICK--779,717,835--MAX Bonus

I would also like to know everyone's scoring technique on the Vasteel Original. I've jumped my score from 3mill to 6mil on several occasions.
With an insane score like that, you really do deserve the $10,000. ;)
ThunderForce 222

How can I post MY TFV(Saturn version) on this site for you guy's to look at? My Version is a little different--I make some musical changes in my game. In all TF's there are "Alternate" music tracks--TFV is no different you just gotta know where to look--it's the "Beat of ThunderForce Music CD that comes with the Special pack for Saturn. The appropiate music for each stage are as follows---STAGE 3--Track one"Back to the Fire" Stage 2--Track 3-"Final take a chance"--Stage 1--Track 5"Fighting Back"--Stage 4--Track 2"Venus Fire"--Stage 5--Track 7"Down right attack--(This Tune fits so PERFECT in every way with this stage from the cutscene intro to the dogfight with the Vasteel before he bosses up!) Stage 6---Track 6"BattleShip" Stage 7--Track 4"His behavior inspired us with distrust". The OPENING MAP is "Attack Point 2" from PS. The trick to playing the game with sound effects and still having boss music being heard but not the Original music is to have 1 AV from the Saturn plugged in and the other from a PS or something. Have the tracks programmed in already so you can play seamlessly through. Set TFV's Music level to about 4 so the Alternate music is overheard clearly but as to when the stage ends and you press stop (Most of the Alternates stop when the stage ends) the boss music is still audible. If done right, it is really cool!! I think anyway. You can make a CD with the tracks in the order you need, this is what I did. It's easier. The only tough one is "Attack Point 2' since it's on PS. But now I just found out that there is a new TFV music CD with that on it.....So I can record the Perfect TFV game. Attack Point 2 gets my blood pumping......I get goose bumps....as with "Down Right attack" from Best of TF.....Listening to that is where I got the Idea that the true way to play against the Pre-Boss Vasteel. It inspired me....which goes to my theory that the Music in all TF games tell you how to play..it's just understanding how it should look in conjunction with you're movement. No other shooters soundtrack in history has been mentioned as much or raved about as much as a Thunder Force game.

Does anybody know where I can get ThunderForce Gold Pack 2? Not on Ebay, I got GP1 there. I can't find it anywhere. This is the ONLY and last one I need to complete my TF collection. I have all 3 Saturn Versions--SP Pack,Normal,and Greatest Hits, 2 PS Versions cause there was different atrwork on the 2, The original Genesis versions, JAP and U.S. W/Boxes and manuals, and TFGP1. And Thunder Spirits on SNES which was essentially TF Arcade. The only other one is the Original ThunderForce...I don't even know what system it's on or if it can even be emulated. I think it's for the Sharp X-1 computer.

Sorry I write so much, I just get carried away :)
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

ThunderForce wrote: Does anybody know where I can get ThunderForce Gold Pack 2? Not on Ebay, I got GP1 there. I can't find it anywhere. This is the ONLY and last one I need to complete my TF collection. I have all 3 Saturn Versions--SP Pack,Normal,and Greatest Hits, 2 PS Versions cause there was different atrwork on the 2, The original Genesis versions, JAP and U.S. W/Boxes and manuals, and TFGP1. And Thunder Spirits on SNES which was essentially TF Arcade. The only other one is the Original ThunderForce...I don't even know what system it's on or if it can even be emulated. I think it's for the Sharp X-1 computer.

Sorry I write so much, I just get carried away :)
If you want to look for something, try checking out the forum's "Trading Station", and post that you're looking for TF GP2.
velocity7

Post by velocity7 »

How the hell did you get 700k+ on PSX version?! o_o

Also if you want, record a replay of your entire run and send it to Icarus' Bittorrent tracker here.
ThunderForce 222

VELOCITY7------I get "7's" on normal level by REALLY juicing the Vasteel scoring tricks on all 3 forms.
velocity7

Post by velocity7 »

Eh, you mean basically just leeching x16s off the boss?
ThunderForce 222

Velocity&--The wierd thing is to get a good "Rolling Score" 16X are totally important. Some parts Yes and some no. The first Form you need to position The Free-Range behind you and you're ship about middle right to the center of the screen. I use the Warning text to position myself. Once the fight ensues Overweapon the wings firing lasers. be at 50% speed adn once you start you're fire drag slowly forward. Make sure you're hjtting all for wings. Now once they start exploding keep pumping the explosions with Overweapon Energy. By "feeding" super meter into it the score starts to roll. 2nd form--Start under him so you can use Back shot at close range then switch to Super B.shot---stop and go above him and feed him some more super B.Shot. one should blow. If he swings around to confront you use the Blade shot on the pods to finish them off. Once the 3 arms start to come out, Use Free-Range at range 1 w/out meter on the arms. NOW timing is critical, As soon as it explodes and it'll explode once you start firing in like 1-2 seconds....Switch to Twin-Shot Super and fire again on the explosions. That rolls the score as well.

3rd form----Use Free-Range at range 1 w/out super on the wheel on front it'll die real quick. The move up and switch to Twin-Shot Super and not let go untill it's out. It'll hit the guns that appear on him and will hit the target marker on his body as well. Once again it rolls the score. Switch to Free Range once it's over and finish him off.
velocity7

Post by velocity7 »

Okay, a few other things:

1. Any way to kill A3 really really fast without risking my life by going under it and getting x16s?
2. That Show Off Point #1 isn't really netting me any evasion points...

Plus I'm not making any real progress with the tips you gave... a video replay would be REALLY appreciated. :)
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Normal- Saturn
The Coop- 786,359,720 - All- Route 1-2-3

Hard- Saturn
The Coop- 693,073,920- All- Route 1-2-3

Master- Saturn
The Coop- 659,081,920- All- Route 1-2-3
Franz the Stampede

Post by Franz the Stampede »

Hello!
My Normal record on Saturn:

810,528,040 with routes 3-2-1

18 hours of play time, I plan to fill the counter kinda soon.

is there some sort of world ranking?

ps: how do I get master difficulty level? Finish the game in hard?
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

I'll get my scores up soon... wow, this game has the most inflated score system I've EVER SEEN :shock: And I thought G.Darius/Raycrisis was bad! Only beat the first two stages and my score was up in 40m!!
A-M

Post by A-M »

Hi,

Nomal, Saturn :

D-Ku A-M - 871.206.520 - ALL - Route 3-1-2

D-Ku Team

フランス チーム、 行け !
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

I remember old times when i 1cc'ed that game on normal whew it took me some time before i was able to defeat last boss he was hard
tassian

Post by tassian »

My score:

Normal, Saturn

tassian - 825,570,200 - ALL - Route 3-1-2
Don't drink and Ikaruga!
HeWhoGoverns

Post by HeWhoGoverns »

My score on Saturn version, Normal setting

HeWhoGoverns 759150920 ALL! 3-2-1

http://www.geocities.com/darkknightvipe ... oreGov.jpg
tassian

Post by tassian »

Quick question: is this thread still maintained? Seems like SFKhoa hasn't modified it in a while.
Don't drink and Ikaruga!
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

I've been away for quite a while. I'll get to maintaining it right about........................now.
tassian

Post by tassian »

Sorry, I didn't mean to rush you or anything. I've just been wondering. Thanks for updating the thread!
Don't drink and Ikaruga!
sharc

Post by sharc »

sharc: 381,444,181
PS1, Normal, Blue Gauntlet, 1-2-3

not much compared to some of the numbers here, but i'm proud of it anyway. :P if i improve more on this it won't be for a while, so time to toss in my first high score entry here. woo!
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

Kollision
Saturn version, HARD Difficulty
592.105.040 (ALL!, order 1-2-3...)
http://www.kollision.biz/games/saturn/t ... Force5.jpg
J-Manic

Post by J-Manic »

J-Manic - 584,412,110 - ALL - Route: 1-2-3 (Saturn version)
difficulty: Normal

I finally beat this game on one credit, for the first time last night. So I figured I would post my score in here. It was tough! I got lucky numerous times, especially in stage 5, but I managed to hold fast. Iam happy at my first hori 1CC. :D
Observer

Post by Observer »

I so almost 1cced this damn thing... I'm loving it but it killed my PSX (I have the hueg grey block of doom). Ended up playing through ePSXe 1.7 and running through the disc. Hope that's fine. Also: shit, you can get a bunch of extends! I thought this was good till I noticed you can get owned quite easily no matter the amount of lives... *hugs Free Range :P*

If manage to 1cc it I'll make sure to record the entire run despite I'm sure it'll be lame.

Observer - 275,811,600 - 6 - Route 3-1-2 (Normal, PSX Version)

Random note: the Sword Ships are amazing.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
fogelmir

Post by fogelmir »

Dug up my best score

Fogelmir - Normal - psx version - 503,896,245 - 3-1-2

I Have recorded a no miss run on youtube

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-2yLCN8 ... annel_page

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xW_Bxty ... annel_page
Never Give Up, Never Continue!
ThunderForce 222

Saturn -MASTER- 1,103,999,995
STAGE 3-2-1-

The thing is that youo can max the Saturn version by just beating the game. I don't know if you can max it out on Normal, but I know youo can on MASTER. Just make sure to have at least 1 hit on your shield to get the full bonuses.

PLAYSTATION - NORMAL 1,103,999,995
STAGE 3-1-2.

When TFV was ported over they did away with the scoring system so that it wasn't maxable just by beating it. The only way to achieve a max score on The PS version was to use the GUARDIAN COMPUTER scoring trick. It takes about 2 1/2 hours of dodging and destroying the stuff it shoots out. I take the stages 3-1-2 on normal so I can 16x the monkey in the wood stage. The only way to do that is to use the HUNTER Super when he comes into the foreground.

PLAYSTATION MASTER -783,334,990
STAGE 3-2-1
gs68

Re: Thunder Force V

Post by gs68 »

gs68 - 226,859,380 - 6 - Route 1-2-3 (Normal, PS1 ver.)
Fuck my face.