RQ: looking for zanac neo for psx strategy and secrets.

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
tekneekz

RQ: looking for zanac neo for psx strategy and secrets.

Post by tekneekz »

hi, does anyone know how to unlock tha custom ship and how the weapon system works im kinda lost. and where the secret power up for each level is thanks.
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

tekneekz

Post by tekneekz »

very cool guide thanks alot explains everything i wanted to know!! :)
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

The final stage is probably the best one for scoring. Be sure to use ONLY Charge Shot to finish off the enemy Zanacs. They add quite a bit to the jackpot when killed, and that's worth doubling. If you've racked up quite a lot of ships, don't worry about losing a few of them here- seriously, it may be a good idea to suicide a few of them and Charge Shot a ton of boxes.

Before this point in the game, I'd recommend against suiciding because it can be combo death if you lose the power level for one of your favorite weapons- hell, the moment it takes you to get back in to the action can be JUST enough time for one enemy to get away.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
marco75

Zanac X Zanac

Post by marco75 »

I browsed the FAQ by Wayne Yoshida and Zach Keene, and indeed learned many useful bits of information.

However, they do not include descriptions on how to deal with the bosses and enemies in Zanac Neo.

I'm stuck in Area 8. Those squids are invincible, and they shoot bullets at you at the same time. I'm using Hammer Duke, I have tried weapon 3, 4 and 6 fully powered up. Even the charge laser doesn't help.

Any strategies on how to beat the Squids and the Squid Generator boss?
CIT

Post by CIT »

Gotta use the charge shot. Also,by that point you should have accumulated about 30 extends, so you can happily kamikaze into them as well. ^^
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

The pink ones can simply be rammed without hurting your ship. The blue ones are a bit tougher; take advantage of the brief invincibility period you get after picking up an item to clear some of them out. (Or as CIT noted, the charge shot also works, when available.)
Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Perhaps it's just me but I found that walkthrough very hard to follow.

Anyone got any quick tips?
SAM

Post by SAM »

Tigershark wrote:Anyone got any quick tips?
Shoot and don't get hit.

Tigershark wrote:Perhaps it's just me but I found that walkthrough very hard to follow.
Zach Keene & his friend 's guide on Zanac the best shmups guide I have seen. True it got lots of infomation, but Zanac is not a simple game.

You don't need to read the whole guide at once, just read a few pages, play a few rounds, then come back and read some more. Very soon you would learn the game by heart.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

Just a heads up that the original Zach & Wayne FAQ is saved on the Web Archive. I have also hosted it should anyone be interested in checking it out.

zxzfaq.doc - all 85 pages of it
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'