Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

I wanted to apologize.

Short story, 'sister totaled her ride with me riding shotgun on Friday.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Alrighty, finally got my computer up and running in my room again! Shmup meet was a blast! Thanks for coming out everybody! If need be, I can host again. (I am not going to bring my entire game collection down again though. :P )

Davey and DJ, sorry you guys couldn't make it. Hope to see you at another meet!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

DJ Incompetent wrote:I wanted to apologize.

Short story, 'sister totaled her ride with me riding shotgun on Friday.
:shock: are you guys ok? Noticed that you haven't been on the boards as of late. Hope all is well.

Davey probably missed being in an accident and DJI gets into one :(

Ayanami, kccttzj, Zero Otaku, and myself usually gather every other Saturday. Anyone is more than welcome to swing on by for some exciting gaming action! Just let send a PM or call me if interested.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Yeah, we're fine. Massive headache though. Then in-fighting dramas over this and that. Whatever.

I'm happy to not cause the accident Davey got held on. We attacked I275 and cascaded into wrongness via an ice patch.

I'll always take an invite. I'm always interested in hangin' on the every other weekends.
For regular meets, do one for April....and May. :)
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

Happy you guys are ok. :)

Had great time, despite this item was missing in action:

What a goof...I bought the box and left the game at home in the SMS converter.

Anyways, I'm down for 4/07 or 5/07.
Fight Like A Robot!
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

I'll be out of town the weekend of April 13th and pretty much the latter half of May. That said I had a lot of fun at the last one, and would be down to go to another.

Perhaps we can get some "stone age" shooters going!
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

DJ Incompetent wrote:Yeah, we're fine. Massive headache though. Then in-fighting dramas over this and that. Whatever.

I'm happy to not cause the accident Davey got held on. We attacked I275 and cascaded into wrongness via an ice patch.

I'll always take an invite. I'm always interested in hangin' on the every other weekends.
For regular meets, do one for April....and May. :)
Glad all is well DJI!

I believe that we may gather this Saturday but it is St. Patrick's Day and am not sure if anyone has plans for that evening.

Some ideas for April gathering:

April 8th is Easter Sunday so a Saturday night (April 7) would be Easter "eve". Some folks may have Easter commitments? There is also the option of a meet that Friday which is Good Friday. There is generally no school and work on this day so that is a possibility.

Post your thoughts and availability and we can work on assembling the next 'Great Lakes Shoot Them Up Gathering'!
Davey

Post by Davey »

Crap, I forgot about Easter... I'll be back in Cleveland that entire weekend. This weekend too, actually.
zero.otaku

Post by zero.otaku »

I just wanted to thank everyone for coming out to the last meet, it was a blast hanging out and chatting and playing games with everyone. Major thanks to Ayanami for hosting and dragging all that stuff down to the basement and also to Sonic R and Robotron for providing additional equipment and games (and paying for pizza!). Sorry Davey and DJ Inc couldn't make it, hopefully next time you guys will be able to join us as it was a hell of a lot of fun.

--zero
popawell

Post by popawell »

I have no idea if I would be able to make it to one of these or not. I rely on my parents still for transportation and they still rule where I go. :oops:
Hey thanks for notifing me anyway Sonic! Anthing in particular you wan't me to bring if I can go?

edit: St patric day and Easter weekend are a no go for me, got plans and faimly I haven't seen in a long time.
"There is always an exception to every rule."
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

popawell wrote:I have no idea if I would be able to make it to one of these or not. I rely on my parents still for transportation and they still rule where I go. :oops:
Hey thanks for notifing me anyway Sonic! Anthing in particular you wan't me to bring if I can go?

edit: St patric day and Easter weekend are a no go for me, got plans and faimly I haven't seen in a long time.
I understand your situation. If you are able to attend anytime just drop me a PM or post here and we would love to have you join us! Bring anything you wish to play, if we have it then we share great taste :wink: otherwise we get to sample something new :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easter time isn't the best times for casual friends to gather when holiday times are best spent with family and the like.

New ideas for next gathering to consider:

April 21

April 28

April 14 is also an option but ubersaurus mentioned that he will be out this weekend and my daughter's birthday is that weekend (though we will celebrate her birthday on the 15th - her actual birthday!) so Saturday is something I would be able to work!
popawell

Post by popawell »

Sonic R wrote:
popawell wrote:I have no idea if I would be able to make it to one of these or not. I rely on my parents still for transportation and they still rule where I go. :oops:

I understand your situation. If you are able to attend anytime just drop me a PM or post here and we would love to have you join us! Bring anything you wish to play, if we have it then we share great taste :wink: otherwise we get to sample something new :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easter time isn't the best times for casual friends to gather when holiday times are best spent with family and the like.

New ideas for next gathering to consider:

April 21

April 28

April 14 is also an option but ubersaurus mentioned that he will be out this weekend and my daughter's birthday is that weekend (though we will celebrate her birthday on the 15th - her actual birthday!) so Saturday is something I would be able to work!
I just saw the pics of your meet (good camera work by the way robotron) and took out a few of my concerns. I was worried about the size of the meet (around where I live get togethers can get out of hand where a house gets 30 drunken idiots jumping out the windows) and the age group of the people going.
Im much more comfortable going to a meet with parents in the vicinity and people around my age group (im 17 years old)

Im looking forward to getting my butt handed to me on gradius V. :D
"There is always an exception to every rule."
Davey

Post by Davey »

Any of those dates work for me, barring any forgotten holidays and/or major highway accidents. Maybe I'm best off taking Telegraph Rd the entire way up there. :roll:
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Any date works for me. Got nothing special going on any day really.
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

You guys did a ton of work getting all that stuff in the basement...awesome, just awesome.
Fight Like A Robot!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

It looks like April 21 to be tentative date.

Please post if this is feasible.

Also please post possible Location. I am always willing to host if there is no other options. I've been working on getting another television and will have it ready to go well in time for mid April gathering.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

I will have to get back to ya guys about the availability of my house. It will probably be a little more difficult this time around unfortunately.
Davey

Post by Davey »

4/21 works for me. I'd offer my place, except I live 70 miles away in a dinky apartment with a junky TV and a pitiful game library. :)
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

I'm going to be doing some enhancement in the game room during Easter weekend. I should be implementing another TV with duplicate consoles on it (Working on getting another Dreamcast, have a Genesis 3, Toaster NES, PS2(US), Gamecube, and what ever I can scrounge up in the coming weeks.

My facilities are not as spacious as Ayanami's but should be able to work and be more functional with an additional television.

So right now its set for April 21

Also of note, we'll be doing our regular bi-weekly mini this Saturday. As always anyone is welcome. (I just ordered Crisis Force for Famicom - hopefully it will be here in time for weekend!)
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

I'm down if you will have me. :) I promise not get drunk again and destroy the house and total your folks brand new car...btw did the beer stains come out of the pool table felt?

:o - roar!
Fight Like A Robot!
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

ROBOTRON wrote:I'm down if you will have me. :) I promise not get drunk again and destroy the house and total your folks brand new car...btw did the beer stains come out of the pool table felt?

:o - roar!
Har har har.

But really, you guys were all great. Absolutely no damage done at all, which is pretty much a first for big gatherings at my house. I am really happy it turned out so well and every body had as good a time as me. My mother did not have a single complaint, which is fucking amazing. I might be able to do this at my house again, it is just that the last one was not that long ago. I will know by the weekend if it is cool or not.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

21st may work out for me, but I won't know until it's closer to the date. The new Halo 2 maps come out the 17th, and my buddies are interested in doing a rare Halo lan party for it, and are looking at that following Saturday.

If I do make it, is there any interest in having a 360 there? I have most of the major XBLA shooter games. Geometry Wars, Assault Heroes, Jetpac Refuelled, Heavy Weapon...as well as Time Pilot, TMNT, and Robotron.
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

ubersaurus wrote: If I do make it, is there any interest in having a 360 there? I have most of the major XBLA shooter games. Geometry Wars, Assault Heroes, Jetpac Refuelled, Heavy Weapon...as well as Time Pilot, TMNT, and Robotron.
360 is cool. Time Pilot = awesome!

It looks like we will make it for the 21st of April then!

Location should be posted on Monday (April 9). Ayanami was a most gracious host and offers a top notch facility! My place is on the smaller side but I am in the process of making improvements to offer a more functional and comfortable set up in me tiny basement. The functionality aspect should be ready by the 21st.

Any questions or concerns feel free to run them by me by post or PM!
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

Such a meet sounds rather interesting. I've been meaning to see a Tigers game again too. If only I had access to my car I'd be in.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Limbrooke wrote:Such a meet sounds rather interesting. I've been meaning to see a Tigers game again too. If only I had access to my car I'd be in.
Anytime you are planning to be in the Detroit area feel free to let me know! Ayanami, a few others, and myself usually hang out every other weekend. We enjoy company of good folk who enjoy shoot them up games!

Hoping the Tigers do well like last season!
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Indeed. Go Tigers and stuff.

Any who, sorry it's taking me so long with the status on my house just been busy with school business and stuff. (Very sick of this crap.)
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

I kinda like....gave my Wii, to my girlfriend.

I don't remember a reason I couldn't make 21st. So I will think I can make it 21st.

*sigh...puns...*
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

count me in
SWY: Games are just for fun
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

NOTICE

We may have to change the date!!! I won't be able to host event on the weekend of April 21 as I won't be able to attend.

Detroit Pistons have clinched best record in Eastern conference. Playoff start that weekend and I have tickets to round 1 home game 1.
Davey

Post by Davey »

I'll probably just catch the next one if we reschedule. May 5 is definitely out, and April 28 might be out, not sure yet.