Arcade Cocktail Cabinet.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
RaidenIII

Arcade Cocktail Cabinet.

Post by RaidenIII »

Hi, is there such a thing as a 3 button cocktail cabinet, i'm on about the ones from the late 70's? early eighties, one of the old ones, but if i can find one with 3 buttons i can play more modern pcbs on it.

Anyone know if you can rotate monitor with these to play hori and vert?

Thanks for any help/advice.

:)
mirkvid

Post by mirkvid »

you can order a kit from arcadedepot.com and make a custom button layout. i've been putting off getting one from them forever. my place is just too small.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I have an old Taito cocktail cabinet. My mother thinks its worth grands lol.

Cocktails only work in Tate mode. The frame holding the monitor is fixed and the window that goes over the tube is only vertical.

3 buttons is fine, but really cocktails are designed with very simple games in mind.

Mine is a asteroids clone called Vortex, made by the American branch of Taito.. Probably rare as rocking horse shit, but nobody cares.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
RaidenIII

Post by RaidenIII »

Thank you both for help :)
system11

Post by system11 »

Some are fixed horizontal. There are even a couple that rotate, candy cocktails - strange things.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Capcom Co. Ltd. even produced such a rare side-by-side yoko-oriented cocktail table styled arcade cabinet -- in fact, one was shown in person at the 2006 California Extreme show. With two 8-way digital based joysticks and 6-button setup per player. Pretty obscure arcade cabinet for such a SF2 game anyways..... ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~