RQ: Cotton Original jewel collection

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
captain ahar

RQ: Cotton Original jewel collection

Post by captain ahar »

shooting the jewels makes them turn different colors, what's this mean? also, is anything different if i catch them while airborn, as opposed to when they are resting on the ground? what do the jewels do (leveling up weapons, perhaps)?

spankin new to the series and have no idea what is going on.
I have no sig whatsoever.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I haven't played Cotton original in some time, but I'll try to remember a bit...

IIRC, collecting them while they're yellow will raise your "power" level (or whatever it's called, the bar at the bottom of the screen, which powers up your regular shot; it takes quite a few of them to have any visible results, but collect enough and you'll see it. Collecting a red one will give you a "dragon" magic shot, and collecting a blue one will give you a "lightning" magic shot. Collecting bigger versions of any color of crystal will simply give you more of any of the above; AFAIK collecting them on the ground or in the air makes no difference.

Hope those help, you may want to test them out though.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

also, can i choose the power i want to use? in all fairness, i might be getting confused with 100%.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

You mean which type of magic shot out of the ones you have in stock? Offhand I forget...
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

i have an idea! i'll play it when i get home!