my first custom stick!!!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
mirkvid

my first custom stick!!!

Post by mirkvid »

first off, thanks to all the guys who gave me tips and advice while i was working on this. it took me a LOT longer than i expected.

i didn't have any proper shmup or fighting artwork that would fit on this, but i did have an old Amano calandar with some sweet final fantasy art. i know its the last kind of game you would use a stick for, but its unique, and looks really cool with the red sanwa parts. (plus FF is the rad...or was anyway)

PARTS: Hori Tekken5 stick modded with: Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT joystick, Sanwa OBSF-30 buttons.
i found a really easy way to mount the buttons. the T5 face plate has tabs in the button holes. i took the new buttons and switches out of their casings and fit them into the original T5 button casings. works like a charm!

also, i wired the 4, 5, 6 and ground to a 15 pin out for easy cps kick harness hookups!

Now the PICS:

not too shabby for my 1st!
let me know what you think!
Last edited by mirkvid on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grahf

Post by grahf »

Looks pretty good, first stick or not.

Yoshitaka Amano is awesome. If your a fan, pick up this book if you dont already own it: http://www.amazon.com/Amano-Complete-Pr ... 851&sr=8-1
There are some really nice prints in there.
Daigohji

Post by Daigohji »

Nice work. I've switched out the buttons on my HRAP for Seimitsus, but that's the extent to which I've modded it. I was planning on adding some custom artwork, but didn't want to give up the good grip of the stock faceplate. What did you use for a replacement faceplate on yours?
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

I sold him that stock T5, and all i can say is wow! Thats what i wished i did with that stick. What stick is in there? Anyway looks really nice, enjoy
Iron Maiden: "It was dead, but alive at the same time."
mirkvid

Post by mirkvid »

Daigohji wrote:Nice work. I've switched out the buttons on my HRAP for Seimitsus, but that's the extent to which I've modded it. I was planning on adding some custom artwork, but didn't want to give up the good grip of the stock faceplate. What did you use for a replacement faceplate on yours?
i took a sheet from a calendar and laminated it at kinko's for $2. not too shabby huh? getting the button holes cut out was a pain in the ass tho.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

For mirkvid,

Very nice for a modded Hori Tekken 5 stick...suppose you could work your "modding joystick magic" on a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 setup for the PS3 console? ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
mirkvid

Post by mirkvid »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:For mirkvid,

Very nice for a modded Hori Tekken 5 stick...suppose you could work your "modding joystick magic" on a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 setup for the PS3 console? ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
i'm guessing that you just want nicer buttons? hrap3 has a sanwa stick already right?
Wolf44

Post by Wolf44 »

All japanese HRAP models have a sanwa in them, it's the US ones which have hori stock parts, all HRAP j models have hori stock buttons too aside from the "special editions" as far as I know.

I've been giving some thought to doing a custom faceplate myself but I am not sure what to use and how to keep it on there.

I really wish hori would sell bare face plates so we could make multiple covers to switch around once in a while.
Redemption is a word which has no meaning here, your lord and master is my dog and we feed him.