RQ: Soukyugurentai net laser ?'s

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
captain ahar

RQ: Soukyugurentai net laser ?'s

Post by captain ahar »

is there a difference in strength between the sphere net and the pinpoint?
I have no sig whatsoever.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I think the pinpoint is the most powerful lock-on in the game, though maybe the green ship's "random" web might be equal or stronger, I don't use it enough to know...generally, it seems to me that the more onscreen space a web takes up, the less raw power it has...as such, the blue ship's "all range" circle is, I think, the weakest. That's just the best I can tell from experience though, I don't know of any hard facts on this.
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

Yea also one thing i've noticed(maybe wrong) is that the blue ship's sphere net allows you to get more score multipliers as it can lock on to a lot of ships more easily including ones behind you... my score with the blue ship is often double that of the red ship
Know thy enemy attack pattern.
Darkcomet72

Post by Darkcomet72 »

The Blue ship can lock onto 7 ships at once, and the green can lock up to 8 at a time. This means higher scoring potential for the Green ship.
Ed: He asked for mustard Eddy! Do you have corn in your ears mister?
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

but its not as easy to lockon with it

Does anyone know exactly just how the ranking system works?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

IIRC, rank is raised mainly by collecting "P" icons and defeating all of the enemies within a stage (earning a "0%" at the end)...I'm not sure what else affects it.
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

That seems kinda shit in my opinion, as it forces you to use the lasers more than the main guns. I always prefer using the main guns! which is why I'm so desperate to get Batsugun as the weapons in that game look mind meltingly powerful
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Yeah, Soukyugurentai's rank system is thought of as rather nonsensical by even some Raizing fans, as it more or less renders the main gun useless (for most of the game, at least) if you want to keep the rank in check. Personally, I tend to ignore the rank, and oddly enough I tend to get farther when I have the main gun powered up, even when the enemies are nastier...I'm just weird though.

And yes, Batsugun's weapons are indeed ridiculously huge once you power 'em up...beware, though, as sometimes they can make it hard to see what's going on.
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

last update was in 2002 lol

still its got some usefull info

http://blazinglazers.gamersgraveyard.com/replay/souky/
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

What are your strategies for the level 3 boss? the small yellow bullets it fires after the flames always get me. I always lose at least one life on this boss
gabrielesquaratti

Re: RQ: Soukyugurentai net laser ?'s

Post by gabrielesquaratti »

for the stage 3 boss you MUST keep your rank as low as possibile and it will be a nice fight.you can destroy it bit after bit with web so you can keep your precious bombs in stock for HUGE point bonus.
that game is so deep strategy-wise,you can't tell until you start to spend some time with it.
pure raizing magic
EmperorIng

Re: RQ: Soukyugurentai net laser ?'s

Post by EmperorIng »

I've found it safer to ignore the web for DESCENTER's boss fight, and almost exclusively use your guns. The tank dies faster that way, and the fight is tough enough as it is without dragging things out.

EDIT: Love replying to a 9 (!!!) year-old query for help.