Just got my modded PS2 and 13 games, huzzah! (impressions)

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
jp

Just got my modded PS2 and 13 games, huzzah! (impressions)

Post by jp »

Yup, I ordered it from a forum member recently in secret, and it came in the mail today!!! Wow!!! What have I been missing!? I sat around playing DDP:DOJ for 5 hours last night! I missed my DnD session because of it!!! Next up? R-Type Final? All I can say is "w00t w00t muthafucka!" Good times abound and had by all. Next up I delved into the world of Final Fantasy X, and yes, Tidus is still ghey, but the gameplay really holds up, especially blitzball!! :D

After that I played a little ESPgaluda. Fun fun! I played it for another 5 hours!

Then I played some Twisted Metal Black and GT4 with my roomates, and we had a blast!!! I was like "Woweee!" I also got Final Fantasy 7-9, Gungrave and OD, Phantasy Star Collection, and Guilty Gear XX. This weekend is going to be a blast you guys!!!!!!! [face_ghey]

On a more serious note, you guys have a nice April Fool's day, and don't let no dastardly villains tricks ya.

*goes home to work on a white dragon and then play a real game, like Blast Wind or Taromaru or something*
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

You got me there for a second, bud :lol:. So I guess there is no remediation to your anti-Sony feelings, even though you miss on some of the hottest sh*t around.
"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
Strychnine

Post by Strychnine »

EDIT: DAMNIT. I KEEP FORGETTING WHAT DAY IT IS.

Original Post:

Don't let the party mc pooper pants tell you that R-Type Final is "t3h sux0rs". It may not be as good of a game as Gradius V, but its got atmosphere up the wazoo. Which makes it an amazing "experience" - if you get that.

Glad you like DOJ. The first time I played it, in TATE, was the first time I had such a child-like ridiculous smile for such a long time in years.

Guilty Gear is awesome too btw. It's so much more fluid and looser than King of Fighters (not knocking Kof - I love it to death, more than GG, but GG is like butter to play, delicious badger butter).
The white clouds floating on the great blue sky
And the boiling red blood shed in fierce gaming
Those who give up halfway through
Their battered bodies will never forget!

Segata Sanshiro, Segata Sanshiro! Sega Saturn... shiro!
LoneSage

Re: Just got my modded PS2 and 13 games, huzzah! (impression

Post by LoneSage »

jp wrote: I missed my DnD session because of it!!!
Haha, please tell me that was part of the joke.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

had me for a minute cause i am stupid and don't pay attention to the calender. what is DnD?
I have no sig whatsoever.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

forgot to call you a tricky devil, jp. that is all.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

DnD = Dungeons & Dragons

Anyway, I fell for the title too but once I saw the DOJ praise and remembered you didn't like manics, I caught on.
jp

Post by jp »

UnscathedFlyingObject wrote:You got me there for a second, bud :lol:. So I guess there is no remediation to your anti-Sony feelings, even though you miss on some of the hottest sh*t around.

If I bought a Sony console would I be the same loveable guy? Would I even think the same or look the same? I say no, because Segata Sanshiro would beat me into a bloody pulp. :lol:

At any rate, I speculate that my buying a Sony product would signal the apocalypse or something, so I shall sit tight.

As for the DnD thing, yes, I play DnD, I didn't until a year ago though, so I'm not THAT big of a dork. :P

And I'm glad this forum got at least ONE good April Fool's joke. I think AF is a dying holiday, though I loves it so.
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

There was one time I threw a broom down the steps to my basement and ran down there fast, twisted my leg to make it look broke, and then started to fake-cry.

Ahahaha, if there was ever a day my ma was about to have a heart attack, that'd be it.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

if you bought a sony console you could not look like Reala, which you do dammit because you avatar says so.

haha, i remember this one time i was telling everyone my collar bone was broken. i even had this really convincing story of how i broke it, and i told it very convincingly and consistently. this is mainly because i actually broke it. i jumped off a curb on my bike and landed wrong and was thrown off front-wards. first broken bone in my life (and only so far). the best part was, i wasn't wearing a helmet. :lol: :lol: :lol: i am stupid fellow! :lol:
Neon

Post by Neon »

Funny read for those of us who don't judge our games by the hardware they run on. I like how you picked out the worst, most mainstream titles to pick on in particular (minus DOJ and Galewda which are ace, but then you'd have to admit that they were good thus giving ps2 desirable software, but we just can't have that).

Seriously, this board just keeps getting more and more ridiculous with all the 'liking games based on your principles' bs. The best was the other day (week?) when the lame Kyukyoku Tiger 2 got praised for 'old skool raiden-esque' gameplay.
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

^ I thought buying a $$1000+ Saturn was more ridiculous. My collection+systems probably are not worth that much, and I've been buying games since I knew how to buy games.

I don't mean to offend jp in any way. All of you must know by now that I sometimes speak harshly, but I voice my opinion, not an overly softened version of it.
"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
Neon

Post by Neon »

I don't mean to start a fight/drama or anything, just saying. I mean, people say things like 'oh, I hate rank' and then name a game that has rank that they like, not realizing it has rank. It just seems silly to me.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I hate that games I like have rank in them.
raiden

Post by raiden »

If I bought a Sony console would I be the same loveable guy? Would I even think the same or look the same? I say no, because Segata Sanshiro would beat me into a bloody pulp.
hopeless cases.
jp

Post by jp »

*sigh*

And the crying continues within an April Fools joke. The only thing this board has degenerated into is a bunch of crybabies who:
A. Can't take a joke.
B. Can't respect other people's honest to God opinions.
C. Cannot refrain from reminding people constantly that they can't take a joke and can't respect other people's opinions.

C'est la ve.
jp

Post by jp »

UnscathedFlyingObject wrote:^ I thought buying a $$1000+ Saturn was more ridiculous. My collection+systems probably are not worth that much, and I've been buying games since I knew how to buy games.

I don't mean to offend jp in any way. All of you must know by now that I sometimes speak harshly, but I voice my opinion, not an overly softened version of it.

No offense taken. I don't really care what people say about my $1500 Saturn, to me its fucking awesome, and I only bought it for myself, not to impress nobody.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

i sure am impressed.
Neon

Post by Neon »

I hate that games I like have rank in them.
I should have said "Hate all games that have rank" :P

And the crying continues within an April Fools joke. The only thing this board has degenerated into is a bunch of crybabies who:
A. Can't take a joke.
C. Cannot refrain from reminding people constantly that they can't take a joke and can't respect other people's opinions.

I don't really care what people say about my $1500 Saturn, to me its fucking awesome, and I only bought it for myself, not to impress nobody.
Keep telling yourself that.
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

jp wrote:I don't really care what people say about my $1500 Saturn, to me its fucking awesome, and I only bought it for myself, not to impress nobody.
Right on.

I mean...it's not like you can pimp it around for poontang or anything.. :shock:

....if you can (or have), then you sir are a god among men >_<
jp

Post by jp »

Neon wrote:

A. Can't take a joke.

I don't really care what people say about my $1500 Saturn, to me its fucking awesome, and I only bought it for myself, not to impress nobody.
Keep telling yourself that.

If that comment was about what I said about the boards:
I don't have to tell myself that, you showing up to whine about my jokes more than proves it.

If that comment was about my new toy:
I don't have to tell myself that, I'll just not think about it while I'm actually PLAYING it at all over the damn place.
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

jp wrote:If I bought a Sony console would I be the same loveable guy? Would I even think the same or look the same? I say no, because Segata Sanshiro would beat me into a bloody pulp. :lol:
Even the almighty Segata Sanshiro would like Katamari Damashii, wouldn't he?
jp

Post by jp »

Skyline wrote:
jp wrote:If I bought a Sony console would I be the same loveable guy? Would I even think the same or look the same? I say no, because Segata Sanshiro would beat me into a bloody pulp. :lol:
Even the almighty Segata Sanshiro would like Katamari Damashii, wouldn't he?

No.
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

jp wrote:
No.
How about if it was on the Dreamcast? :D
jp

Post by jp »

Skyline wrote:
jp wrote:
No.
How about if it was on the Dreamcast? :D

its coming to the DS and my answer still stands. Of what I played of it at my boss' house I did not find it all that enjoyable at all.
Neon

Post by Neon »

because it was on the ps2.

You can't have played all those 400+ games much either, but they're on the Saturn, so worth owning.
jp

Post by jp »

Neon wrote:because it was on the ps2.

You can't have played all those 400+ games much either, but they're on the Saturn, so worth owning.

You're starting to sound like a broken record.

Forgive me, I didn't enjoy a game I played, I don't enjoy all 400+ Saturn games I own either, the apocalypse is now.