I want to make a crossover Vs. shmup

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
TKGB_Mental_Gear

I want to make a crossover Vs. shmup

Post by TKGB_Mental_Gear »

I'm not going into my big project yet so I'm going to do a small project for now. As you know, I love crossovers so that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to crossover two companies and their shmups to fight off in a Vs. shoot 'em up competition.

What I'm going for is something like Defender only except the objective is to destroy the opponents ship. You scroll around in a "ring" in the sky, avoiding oncoming collisions with bad guys, bullets, and what have you but the round wont end until you have either defeated the opponent or vice versa.

The two companies I want to crossover is Konami and Taito. The reason why is cuz Taito is my favorite arcade company and Konami cuz I'm more familiar with this company and it's shmups. Plus they both seem to have an equal ammount of shmups.

Though I'm open to other ideas and companies.
Fan art by me, TKGB. New one every month. Click to enlarge and comment.
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

I can't wait to not play these games you're not going to make.
TKGB_Mental_Gear

cigsthecat wrote:I can't wait to not play these games you're not going to make.
the2bears

Post by the2bears »

cigsthecat wrote:I can't wait to not play these games you're not going to make.
That's actually kind of funny :wink:

Listen, TKGB_Mental_Gear, take this constructively. There's always talk about doing this project or that. Get something to show, instead of constantly announcing projects. Show something, whether a tech demo or proof of concept. Because until you do you're going to be faced with a lot of skeptics.

Bill
the2bears - the indie shmup blog
TKGB_Mental_Gear

So far I've only announced two projects yet you make it sound like I'm cluttering up this forum.
mrkotfw

Post by mrkotfw »

TKGB_Mental_Gear wrote:So far I've only announced two projects yet you make it sound like I'm cluttering up this forum.
Start small. I was in your shoes a few years ago, dreaming about making my own game. :roll: Be specific; choose a platform; create small tech demos of most of the features that said platform has to offer, and begin programming an engine for your game. If you don't have any extensive programming experience, you might as well quit now because your game won't be going anywhere. We have to be realistic here.
Yaul: An awesome open source SEGA Saturn software development kit
the2bears

Post by the2bears »

TKGB_Mental_Gear wrote:So far I've only announced two projects yet you make it sound like I'm cluttering up this forum.
No, I'm just cautioning you on setting your own expectations reasonably. Announce when you've got something to show other than an idea.

Bill
the2bears - the indie shmup blog
TKGB_Mental_Gear

the2bears wrote:
No, I'm just cautioning you on setting your own expectations reasonably. Announce when you've got something to show other than an idea.

Bill
Now I see. Still I would like a little comment about the idea but fine I'll show something.