Help with XRGB-2 Plus Scanlines

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
locash

Help with XRGB-2 Plus Scanlines

Post by locash »

Afternoon everyone, i recently bought an XRGB-2 Plus to get rid of the lag on my Plasma TV. It works great after some fiddling with the colour etc.

What is giving me a problem though is working out how to disable scanlines, I have gone through all the options and extended options and cant seem to find a way to disable / change them. Currently they are far to aggressive and detract from the image.

Could anyone with experience of this unit point me in the direction of turning these off?.

Thanks all.
eretsua

Post by eretsua »

you need the v-line option. it has a [off 1 2 3 4] and if you put it on off your scanlines will be gone. (off may also be called 0 but i think it's off)

hope this helps,

eretsua
warning: a huge warning sign is approaching fast!
http://community.livejournal.com/the_dump_ever/profile/
locash

Post by locash »

Hi there, thanks for the speedy reply. I have tried the V-Line option but it does not appear to make a diffrence. I have tried this on the ps2 / ps1 / snes / GC etc.

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f= ... 7b7d9cc25e

I have hosted a screenshot here from my gamecube, sorry about the location but i dont have any webspace.[/img]
eretsua

Post by eretsua »

hmm, they look very aggressive indeed. though they don't really look like my scanlines do on my crt vga monitor. maybe you can try it on a crt vga monitor as well and see if the problem persists?

if the problem persists try resetting your XRGB to default by putting the unit in standby mode then hold down the left (<-) and the right (->) buttons and turn the system back on again (while keeping the left & right button pressed until you see that that it has re-setted it self). you need to do this on the unit itself and you can not use the remote for it.

you will have to reconfigure all the color and other settings again after this procedure.

eretsua
warning: a huge warning sign is approaching fast!
http://community.livejournal.com/the_dump_ever/profile/
locash

Post by locash »

Thanks again for the reply, i will try reseting the XRGB tonight. I dont have a CRT monitor to hand but i will try and track on down.

Cheers
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

When you set V-Line on, it takes 1 out 3 lines out and makes it black.

When your do this with a HDTV which has a line doubler, the line doubler takes over and puts fake lines back in.

Unfortunately, unless your TV has a "line doubling" disabling option, your not going to be able to get around this.

On another note, I have XRGB2 (not the plus) and mine just has Vline ON/OFF.. Sounds intriguing that you have 4 different options.

I can't see the pic above, I think I read the whole post wrong :oops:
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

When your do this with a HDTV which has a line doubler, the line doubler takes over and puts fake lines back in.
I have a HDTV and I don't get this effect when using a XRGB2 plus on it. It does look like your tv is scaling it though. I have no idea why your unit isn't turning off the scanline option.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Do you get the same effect as with a SVGA monitor?

I don't.

On SVGA monitors I get a proper looking scaline effect, no matter what I did with the HDTV I just could not get that effect.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

what kind of HDTV do you have? I'm guessing a plasma or LCD?

to answer your question, no on my tv the scanline option looks perfect. I have a CRT HDTV though. they don't have a "naitive" res so there is no scaling of the picture. CRT's don't have set pixels on their display.

if your HDTV is upscaling the 480p signal from the XRGB then the scanline feature is going to look bizzare. the only way for it not to is to get it to a resolution that is naitive to your tv. i have a transcoder that can scale the XRGB2's output to 720p while keeping the desired effect of the scanlines. i don't use it anymore since i don't need it now.

do you know what your TV's naitive resolution is and what kind of display is it?
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
locash

Post by locash »

Hi there, thanks for the input everyone. The hardware reset fixed the issue. The XRGB was set to 48khz and the reset put it back on 34hz once this was done all the lines went away and v-line options started working again.

Thanks again!