14. 73,890 – 1up - 2
15. 34,620 - Ayanami - 1
16. 21,100 - Pirate1019 - 1

<The rules for this week were outlined in this post:

ThunderForce IV (Mega Drive)
Set difficulty to Maniac
Stop after losing your first ship.

-inc.>
Last edited by Nemo on Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
it290

Post by it290 »

copy from other thread:

243,680 - it290 - Stage 3

We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

96,630 - Sonic R - stage 2 (Strite - Daser)

Ok I'm done. The mid boss in the desert gives me trouble and either he kills me or some enemy from the rear.
Last edited by Sonic R on Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pirate1019

Post by Pirate1019 »

21,100 - Pirate1019 - Stage 1

This game hates me. :(
"You are the Hero of Tomorrow!"
Edge

Post by Edge »

I wrote: Edge - 187'700 - Stage 2
rockaroller

Post by rockaroller »

132.010 - rockaroller - stage 2 (route: RUIN -> STRITE)

just can't improve that score... :cry:
Ozymandiaz1260

Post by Ozymandiaz1260 »

65,680 - Ozymandiaz1260 - Stage two (ruin?)

EDIT: 72,800 - Ozymandiaz1260 - Stage two
EDIT: 97,230 - Ozymadiaz1260 - Stage two
Last edited by Ozymandiaz1260 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RyanDG

Post by RyanDG »

Bringing over my score... I can't seem to get any higher yet. Those blocky things are getting me every time.

Strite - Air Raid - Ruin
RotateMe

Post by RotateMe »

Rotateme - 79,000 - 1

WARNING: as I'm at work I found no other way to upload the image then using an imagehost that might contain inappropriate ads.
http://www.hidebehind.com/50C5032E
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

282,470 - shoe-sama - 3

I'm tired of getting ambushed from behind and from random enemy appearances everywhere... >_>
<Sidwell> TSS is manlier than a jet figher made of biceps.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

12 hours left. And just so it's clear, only scores posted in this thread will be counted.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

7,161,850 - The Coop - All

And I think you should mention this thread (and its rule) in the other thread, Nemo. Not everyone's going to be looking for a thread in the Hi Score forum after the last few days of posting scores in there.

Edit: 7,292,420 - The Coop - All
Last edited by The Coop on Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

lol lack of planning and organization and participation
Shocky

Post by Shocky »

81,880 - Shocky - 2

(Strite - Daser)

I thought the deadline was extended by a day because of the ED thing? Sheet, I have to get some sleep, just when I finally learned to handle Strite easily (thanks to the hidden Free Way weapon)... oh well, at least I made it to stage 2.
Before Pope John Paul died he decreed that Aliens were also GOD's creatures and we should treat them with respect.

DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

2 emus, 2 roms, always game freezing. I give up.

241,380 - DJ Incompetent - 3
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

The Coop wrote:And I think you should mention this thread (and its rule) in the other thread, Nemo. Not everyone's going to be looking for a thread in the Hi Score forum after the last few days of posting scores in there.
shoe-sama wrote:lol lack of planning and organization and participation
Sorry guys, but if people can't read, that's not my problem. Everything was clearly explained in the original post:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 19&start=0

It's not that confusing.
Shocky wrote:I thought the deadline was extended by a day because of the ED thing? Sheet, I have to get some sleep, just when I finally learned to handle Strite easily (thanks to the hidden Free Way weapon)... oh well, at least I made it to stage 2.
It was. The week would normally have been over now.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Shocky wrote:I thought the deadline was extended by a day because of the ED thing? Sheet, I have to get some sleep, just when I finally learned to handle Strite easily (thanks to the hidden Free Way weapon)... oh well, at least I made it to stage 2.
The competition is being run in GMT. If you go into your profile, and change the time zone to read "GMT", you'll see that in GMT time it's 12:03AM with this post. It might throw you off a bit mentally to see that, but it'll help with knowing when things start and end :)

And Nemo, nothing in the Week 1 thread mentions the Hi Score thread at all, and the original thread about this competition and its rules is close to going off the second page ("out of sight, out of mind"). Perhaps copy/pasting a quick rule recap in the first post of each week's thread? If memory serves, that's how STG 2006 was run, and it made sure no one forgot about the general rules as time went on. It might make for a potentially big first post, but it's better than just just giving folks a snarky "...if people can't read, that's not my problem" response to the issue.
1up

Post by 1up »

1up - 73.890 - Stage 2 (strite > daser)

I got my ass handed to me :oops:
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Turrican - 241.940 - stage 3 (Ruin, Strite, Daser)

Thanks to The Coop for redirecting us here...

:?: Competition ends on March 6 GMT: ??; ??; ?? :?:
Last edited by Turrican on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
X - P - B
Edge

Post by Edge »

Nemo wrote:
shoe-sama wrote:lol lack of planning and organization and participation
Sorry guys, but if people can't read, that's not my problem. Everything was clearly explained in the original post:
I really don't want to disrespect you and my sign up post, where I stated that I could be the one bitching this time, was suppossed to be a joke. But I personally do think that this tournament is indeed lacking in it's organization. As you don't support the participants with the newest infos or gather them in one post or thread. For instance the Week#1 thread in the shmups chat, still says that the game played is Eliminate Down, also this very thread doesn't show the game settings and rules at all. Not even are you putting up an updated highscoreboard during the week.

And yet if someone complains he just gets a negative response like "you are wrong, I am right."

That is the thing that makes this tournament less enjoyable for me. You don't even start a discussion with the players. Like, why are we playing TF4 with one life? You didn't really explain why, it was just a "I thought it is cool so we do that." And confusion about the settings (like the one ups) and if someone asks he just earns a "default settings, like in all compos, can't you read"... while you had stated something else a few posts earlier. I am still not too sure that everyone knows we played TF4 with these settings: maniac difficulty; "3" lifes in stock, but quit the game when you lose one life.

That to say, I think you are maybe too stubborn. It's like you never will rethink your decissions once you have made one, or that you can ever be convinced to a compromise. If someone does not agree he is just too dumb or whatever...

To make a tournament as enjoyable as possible I do think that despite from the point of good organization, the way the organizer(s) interact with the participants is very important. Trying to make decissions based on what they claim to be most enjoyable for the majority of participants and discussing with the others what they'd like and why you have come to a certain conclusion. And admitting a mistake or just accepting critics is an important part of it.

That's at least what I think. Usually I wouldn't post all this stuff as it might be a bit disrespecting. I just did it because you were so much complaining how bad the organization of the STGT was and how much better you'd do it. And I don't want to attack you personally by all means. I just say that you sometimes could "consider" that you could have made a mistake or at least that with the opinion of others you can get to a better result. I got the impression that you were reacting somehow ignorant.
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Edge wrote: I am still not too sure that everyone knows we played TF4 with these settings: maniac difficulty; "3" lifes in stock, but quit the game when you lose one life.
For the sake of haste, I played : maniac, "0" lifes in stock, and I quit the game whenever I lose one life.

It's absolutely the same so I hope this doesn't disqualify me.

I agree with the rest Edge, but I'm willing to wait next week - organization might get better from now on, hopefully.
X - P - B
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

Edge wrote:<block of text>
Instant win.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

The Coop wrote:And Nemo, nothing in the Week 1 thread mentions the Hi Score thread at all, .
Verbatim from the original thread:

3. Play weeks will begin on Tuesdays when I post a new topic revealing the game and the criterion for how it’s to be played. Play weeks will conclude on the following Monday at 5:00 am GMT. A high score thread for the game will be created by me on Fridays, but won’t be updated till the conclusion of the play week.
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

I like how you're ignoring everything else we're saying.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Nemo wrote:
The Coop wrote:And Nemo, nothing in the Week 1 thread mentions the Hi Score thread at all, .
Verbatim from the original thread:

3. Play weeks will begin on Tuesdays when I post a new topic revealing the game and the criterion for how it’s to be played. Play weeks will conclude on the following Monday at 5:00 am GMT. A high score thread for the game will be created by me on Fridays, but won’t be updated till the conclusion of the play week.

The rest of The Coop's post wrote:... and the original thread about this competition and its rules is close to going off the second page ("out of sight, out of mind"). Perhaps copy/pasting a quick rule recap in the first post of each week's thread? If memory serves, that's how STG 2006 was run, and it made sure no one forgot about the general rules as time went on. It might make for a potentially big first post, but it's better than just just giving folks a snarky "...if people can't read, that's not my problem" response to the issue.
Thought I'd throw that back up so you could read the rest, Nemo ;)

Not once did I say there were no rules. My comment "out of sight, out of mind" addresses the fact that the original thread with the rules is no longer on page one, or being actively posted in. I was addressing the "Week 1" thread (and only the "Week 1" thread) and its lack of tourny info. It's that lack of info that brought me to suggest putting the rules in each week's thread to keep the rules fresh in peoples' minds. As has been shown, not everyone knew about this thread. A lot of things can happen in five days to make people forget, and I don't think it's much of a hardship to keep the rules prominent in each week's thread.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Edge wrote:I really don't want to disrespect you and my sign up post, where I stated that I could be the one bitching this time, was suppossed to be a joke. But I personally do think that this tournament is indeed lacking in it's organization. As you don't support the participants with the newest infos or gather them in one post or thread. For instance the Week#1 thread in the shmups chat, still says that the game played is Eliminate Down, also this very thread doesn't show the game settings and rules at all. Not even are you putting up an updated highscoreboard during the week.

And yet if someone complains he just gets a negative response like "you are wrong, I am right."

That is the thing that makes this tournament less enjoyable for me. You don't even start a discussion with the players. Like, why are we playing TF4 with one life? You didn't really explain why, it was just a "I thought it is cool so we do that." And confusion about the settings (like the one ups) and if someone asks he just earns a "default settings, like in all compos, can't you read"... while you had stated something else a few posts earlier. I am still not too sure that everyone knows we played TF4 with these settings: maniac difficulty; "3" lifes in stock, but quit the game when you lose one life.

That to say, I think you are maybe too stubborn. It's like you never will rethink your decissions once you have made one, or that you can ever be convinced to a compromise. If someone does not agree he is just too dumb or whatever...

To make a tournament as enjoyable as possible I do think that despite from the point of good organization, the way the organizer(s) interact with the participants is very important. Trying to make decissions based on what they claim to be most enjoyable for the majority of participants and discussing with the others what they'd like and why you have come to a certain conclusion. And admitting a mistake or just accepting critics is an important part of it.

That's at least what I think. Usually I wouldn't post all this stuff as it might be a bit disrespecting. I just did it because you were so much complaining how bad the organization of the STGT was and how much better you'd do it. And I don't want to attack you personally by all means. I just say that you sometimes could "consider" that you could have made a mistake or at least that with the opinion of others you can get to a better result. I got the impression that you were reacting somehow ignorant.
I don't consider it a mistake to not hold people's hands. If something is clearly stated, why should I have to restate it 5 more times? I'll agree I'm not as active here as I could be so I can't immediately answer someone's question as soon as they have one, but I do have a life and shmups.com is only a tiny part of it. And most questions could be answered be reading what was already stated. There's a whopping two topics pertaining to this tournament, if you had a question, you're first step should have been to look in those. If that makes me a dick, sorry, but this is the same board that rips newbs for asking "dumb questions that have been answered before", and orders them to use the search feature.

If you didn't like the rules, you shouldn't have signed-up and you're free to quit at anytime. You should have realized from the beginning this was a monarchy and not a democracy, I'm the sole creator and runner of this tournament. But at the same time the organization has been perfect because I did everything I promised and forsaw every circumstance, unlike your tournament. That is except for the fact that I would try and be nice and cater to you guys, which ended up leading to the only fault anyone could find. That being the fact the game this week was switched after a day. I never intended to switch the game even after it was discovered the game could be manipulated because the nature of competition and shooters. If someone figures out something someone else doesn't, that's part of "skill". But of course you had to make it public knowledge and everyone was bitching, so I had no choice, and of course I switched it and everyone is still bitching, go figure.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Sorry to interrupt, but I forgot to post my new score...

7,292,420 - The Coop - All
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

There is such a thing as being overdefensive.

Overdefensiveness + straw man (wtf obsessing over weak and irrelevant parts of our arguments) = free entertainment.

Someone pass the popcorn please.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

shoe-sama wrote:There is such a thing as being overdefensive.

Overdefensiveness + straw man (wtf obsessing over weak and irrelevant parts of our arguments) = free entertainment.

Someone pass the popcorn please.
LMAO. :lol: First when I don't reply to the comments I'm just cowering because I'm wrong, then I take to the time to actually explain my position and I'm overdefensive. Seriously, I feel like I'm a freakin' babysitter to you guys. I'm a grown man and I don't even have to administer this tournament. Either grow up and act like an adult, or quit and do both of us a favor. How's that for "overdefensive"?
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

Putting all/most of the blame on others sure qualifies, lol.

Oh man, this has got to be the most awesome HS thread ever now. Action packed blocks of text flying around yeehaw.

Anyone wanna make bets on when the topic split's gonna happen? Not that it really matters, since the HS stuff for week 1 is basically over though.