RQ: Tips and/or help for Android Assault Stage 7

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
FRO

RQ: Tips and/or help for Android Assault Stage 7

Post by FRO »

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but there's so much going on in Stage 7 of Android Assault as compared to all levels before it, that it's somewhat overwhelming. I usually arrive with the 2-way bomb/missile weapon, which works okay, but I usually have better luck once I score the homing missiles. However, I still get my butt handed to me every time. Any suggestions on how to tackle this level w/o feeling totally overwhelmed?
Kiken

Re: RQ: Tips and/or help for Android Assault Stage 7

Post by Kiken »

FRO wrote:I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but there's so much going on in Stage 7 of Android Assault as compared to all levels before it, that it's somewhat overwhelming. I usually arrive with the 2-way bomb/missile weapon, which works okay, but I usually have better luck once I score the homing missiles. However, I still get my butt handed to me every time. Any suggestions on how to tackle this level w/o feeling totally overwhelmed?
If you're running into trouble during the section where a pair of medium-sized ships fly in and then park on the right while a tank runs back and forth along the road firing missiles... try this:

After a pair of ships have come on-screen (I know at least one pair appear directly from the left side of the screen), move up against the far left side of the screen, then all you have to worry about are the shots fired from the ships. The tank won't be able to hit you there.

Further through the stage, you get those swarming enemies that attack while the core of the boss spews bullets out in radial fashion. Once again, the far left side of the screen is your friend. Make small movememnts to avoid the bullet spray and do your best to ignore the drones (their pattern will have them swooping right in-front of you, but they'll miss your ship so long as you're making small movements. Do your best to concentrate solely on the bullets from the core unit.
FRO

Post by FRO »

Okay, thanks for that. Now I can actually reach the end of the level (albeit sacrificing 2-5 lives along the way). However, that boss is NASTY. I can't seem to dodge the spread shot, let alone the humungo-laser. Any ideas on that? Thanks for the help so far...this has been frustrating me for a while. After the level 6 boss goes down so easy (especially w/ the homing weapon or satellite bomb), it's frustrating to hit a wall like this in the next level.
pseudo

Post by pseudo »

ok im resurrecting this ancient thread because this last level is ridiculously hard
well i get how to beat the level (pretty much just stay in the very center of the left side of the screen for the whole thing until the radial bullets fly then make quick movements) and arrive at the boss with x03 or x04 lives left, but that boss is a MONSTER

those yellow bullets are so fast, and if you do manage to dodge them the green laser comes out right after which is extremely difficult to dodge
+ he takes a lot of damage
i've only made it to his second form once, and i died quickly as i only had x00 stock left

amazingly frustrating that you can beat this whole game no problem 1ccing it just fine and then the last level lose every continue at the final boss
how are you supposed to beat that guy?