RQ: Last Hope

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
SkylineR32

RQ: Last Hope

Post by SkylineR32 »

I know I haven't been posting here long despite the fact I used to visit regularly years ago. Anyway, I hope nobody minds but I used the search feature and it bought up nothing for Last Hope.

First off, I have to admit to be more a vert fan but I am actually enjoying Last Hope. What I would like to know is what bullets can you absorb and is there a limit. I seem to be able to take a few of the regular little red/orange ones but then one will kill me. Also, what is the purpose of absorbing in Last Hope?

(Mod edit: changed the title a bit to fit the Strategy section better -Ghegs)
Touch Me, I'm Sick

Still Silvergunning after 12 years!
SkylineR32

Post by SkylineR32 »

Thanks for that :D

Anyway, I'm still keeping an eye on this but unfortunately, Battle Garegga arrived the other day (a game I should have bought years ago) and everything else has been put on hold, even Last Hope.

As soon as someone posts something though, I'll be back into it.
Touch Me, I'm Sick

The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Your orb can absorb most of the round bullets in the game, regardless of size or color. If it's a round bullet, chances are it'll be blocked. I'm only on stage 5 at the moment, so I can't say for certain that all round bullets are blockable. But for the moment, I've been able to block 95% of them.

One of the exceptions is on stage three if I recall. After the initial bombardment of ships, you enter a brief section of asteroids. A funky little ship comes in on the left, trailing about six or seven medium-sized blue orbs. It eventually releases them, they home in on you, and those things can't be blocked. You have to shoot them to get rid of them.

The only other shots you have to stay away from (that I've seen), are the dash-shaped lasers (and lasers in general) that some enemies fire. They're not blockable at all.

There's no limit to amount of bullets you can absorb (at least from what I've seen), and the only real purpose of the orb is to simply block shots so you can stay alive (again, as far as I've seen).

I could be wrong on this, but those are my observations thus far.
SkylineR32

Post by SkylineR32 »

Well I must admit I'd put this aside for a few days in favour of some recent Saturn aquisitions but after reading your post, I'll be back on Last Hope tonight. :D
Touch Me, I'm Sick

The Coop

Post by The Coop »

A quick update. The orb serves a second purpose... namely, allowing you to fire in a direction other than straight ahead. This comes in really handy when enemies start coming at you from all sides, as it lets you effectively fire in two directions at once.

There's also a second set of bullets that can't be blocked that I've found. They're fired from the smaller yellow ships that are found in stage 1 (and other stages). These ships come in, stop, then turn around and zip off the screen, firing a line of yellow/orange bullets and a "V" of blue bullets. The blue one's can't be blocked, but the yellow/orange ones can.
firestorm

Post by firestorm »

You can absorb 2 Bullets

your Orb can absorb most of the Bullets but the problem ist the hitzone
of the orb is not so big.

the orb dont destroy the enemies.

also there is a Bug in the level where the Top going up and down
i died often with no object in my way looks like
the sprite was going up but the code for the colition detection
was sleeping.

for people who have broblem with the last phase of the boss.
just go behind him if you touch theboss you dont die
just go behind him and put the Orb on your back,