Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Dale

Post by Dale »

Oga Booga
Outrgger
Power Stone2
Alein Front Online
Virtua Tennis
Last Blade2

You probaly have these though.

I was talking to my mom about this whole thing and she said she didn't want me to go if it's in too ruff an area, where your situated isn't to bad is it?
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

We always play all kinds of games beyond shooties though shooties are pretty much main focus.

Also if you have a DS -- Bring it -FULLY CHARGED!

@Dale - Bring the PS2 multi-tap! Maybe we could play some Poy Poy :)
Yeah Ayanami's DC collection... :drool:

@Ayanami - I'll work with you on getting directions out to everyone. We'll take care of that this weekend (Didn't know you had got ESPgaluda) Also I sure Zero and I could bring any additional consoles over if necessary.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Dale wrote:Oga Booga
Outrgger
Power Stone2
Alein Front Online
Virtua Tennis
Last Blade2

You probaly have these though.

I was talking to my mom about this whole thing and she said she didn't want me to go if it's in too ruff an area, where your situated isn't to bad is it?
We're located in Dearborn Heights (Ayanami) and Garden City (Sonic R)
Dale

Post by Dale »

The multi-tap I have is only compatible with slim PS2's, it won't work on the originals. I'm not sure if it will work on japanese slims.
bay

Post by bay »

quick one of you get a supergun!
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

@Dale, those are not bad areas at all. Tell your mom she has nothing to worry about.

@Davey. It'd be nice if you could bring Rakugaki Showtime. I've been wanting to see that game.

@Ayanami and Sonic R. We have Twinkle Star Sprites, Batsugun, Guardian Force, Wings of Wor, Phelios, Imperium, and Eliminate Down. Do we have anything else you can think of that you don't have? You guys might even have some of these now, I don't remember. =P If there's anything else shooters or not, let us know.
bay wrote:quick one of you get a supergun!
You get a supergun, and then bring it with you.
bay

Post by bay »

kccttzj wrote:
bay wrote:quick one of you get a supergun!
You get a supergun, and then bring it with you.
what a bad idea.

i'd rather bring my cab with me along with a bunch of boards, but i don't have a truck/flatbed.

kthnx. :D
Dale

Post by Dale »

She's familair with the areas althought their a bit far, she has to talk to my dad about it first I'm not sure if I can go out that far,but I'll just wait and see.

I live in Sterling Heights so its a bit of a drive from where I am but I'll keep you guys posted on whether I'll be able to make it or not.
boagman

Post by boagman »

Is this sort of an open-invite type of thing? I know Robotron personally, so he can vouch for me (though it's been a while since I've seen him). I'm also open to bringing any of my shmups that you guys don't have. Looks like your DC shmup collections dwarf mine, so there's no point in my bringing them.

However, I do have Viewpoint and Aero Fighters 2 for the Neo-Geo AES, Einhander for the PS1, and the SMS version of R-Type (with the SMS-exclusive Super Stage!).

Most everything else I have is covered by your collection(s).

I don't want to intrude, but if a shmup fan from Ferndale is welcome, I'd certainly be grateful.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

boagman wrote:Is this sort of an open-invite type of thing? I know Robotron personally, so he can vouch for me (though it's been a while since I've seen him). I'm also open to bringing any of my shmups that you guys don't have. Looks like your DC shmup collections dwarf mine, so there's no point in my bringing them.

However, I do have Viewpoint and Aero Fighters 2 for the Neo-Geo AES, Einhander for the PS1, and the SMS version of R-Type (with the SMS-exclusive Super Stage!).

Most everything else I have is covered by your collection(s).

I don't want to intrude, but if a shmup fan from Ferndale is welcome, I'd certainly be grateful.
YES! you are most welcome - if you could, point Robotron to this thread, he is most welcome too! Our goal is to unite Michigan (and surronding area) folks together.

Do bring your AES games.

@Dale - Sterling Heights is about 45 minute drive to our area. We'll get you an idea for travel route this weekend.
Davey

Post by Davey »

Sonic R wrote:@Dale - Bring the PS2 multi-tap! Maybe we could play some Poy Poy :)
I never played Poy Poy until a couple weeks ago. Cool game. Oh, and basically, Rakugaki Showtime is Poy Poy on crack.
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

Dale wrote:Sweet, any word on whether Robotron's coming?
I am willing.

I also hold regular gaming parties every Friday.

FNG

Recognize the song playing on the 1st page? (1st one to guess it gets one free INTERNET...lol)

My house ins't HUGE, but its nice for medium sized get-togethers. Also, I live alone (no kids or parents to worry about) so we can be loud and stay up as late as we want. Check out my gaming rig:

What games should I bring to the meet?

Radiant Silvergun - Saturn
Psyvariar - PS2
Silpheed - PS2
Truxton - Genesis
Giares - Genesis
Thunderforce 2, 3, 4, 5 Genesis/Saturn
Zanac and Zanac Neo - PS1
The Guardian Legend - NES
Layer Section - Saturn
Dragon Spirit TG-16 or NES
Psychosis =- TG-16
R-Type, R-Type Delta, Final TG 16/PS1/PS2
Gradius 3, 4, 5 and Life Force NES/PS2
Star Soldier TG-16
Dead Moon - TG 16
Blazing Lazers - TG 16
Alpha Mission 2 - Neo-Geo
Viewpoint - Neo-Geo
Andro Dunos - Neo-Geo
Herzog Zwie? - Genesis
Sidearms - TG 16
Deep Blue - TG 16
Aero Blasters - TG 16
Cybercore - TG 16
Tempest X & Tempest - Saturn/PS1
Asteroids PS1
Border Down - DC
Incoming - DC
Chaos Field - DC
Mars Matrix - DC
Ikaruga - DC
In The Hunt - PS1
G-Darius - PS1
Skull Fang - Saturn
Einhander - PS1
Wingarms - Saturn
Granada - Genesis
Axelay - SNES
Space Megaforce - SNES
Legendary Wings - NES
Alpha Mission - NES
Biohazard Battle - Genesis
Phelios - Genesis
Star Soldier - N64
Power Strike - SMS
Astro Warrior - SMS
Hellfire - Genesis
Star Control - Genesis
Under Defeat - DC
Soukyugerentai - Saturn
Rayforce - PS1
Xyanide - XBox
REZ - PS2
Underwater Unit - PS2
Transbot - SMS
Trizeal - DC
Last Hope - DC
M.U.S.H.A - Genesis

Forgive the funky list.
Last edited by ROBOTRON on Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fight Like A Robot!
boagman

Post by boagman »

ROBOTRON wrote:What games should I bring to the meet?
Well, if I might, I haven't seen or played Radiant Silvergun since the last time we popped it in lo those many years ago, and I'd be interested to see if I like it as much as I once did.

Others I'd like to see from your collection: G-Darius (again, see the RS explanation above), either R-Type Delta or Final (neither of which I've really had a chance to see and explore), Gradius V, Rez, Trizeal, and/or Last Hope. Any of the above would be pleasing to see again, or in many cases, for the first time.

But since I'm not the host, I'll obviously defer. I'm sure I'll be wowed by the selection that's there.
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

boagman wrote:
Well, if I might, I haven't seen or played Radiant Silvergun since the last time we popped it in lo those many years ago, and I'd be interested to see if I like it as much as I once did.

Others I'd like to see from your collection: G-Darius (again, see the RS explanation above), either R-Type Delta or Final (neither of which I've really had a chance to see and explore), Gradius V, Rez, Trizeal, and/or Last Hope. Any of the above would be pleasing to see again, or in many cases, for the first time.

But since I'm not the host, I'll obviously defer. I'm sure I'll be wowed by the selection that's there.
Will do.

We should roll together since we're not far from each other.
Fight Like A Robot!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

ROBOTRON wrote: What games should I bring to the meet?

Power Strike - SMS
Bring this - Compile fans here :)

and
Last Hope - DC
Everyone is dying to see this game!

Glad to have you guys coming!

We will be getting directions together this weekend and should be sent out soon after!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

boagman wrote:

Davey experienced Radiant Silvergun - for the first time :D last gathering!

Bring anything that you feel like playing or you would like to show others, If we already got it there, oh well, I imagine there will be some double games there but thats OK :)
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

Excellent.

Aaron, I have Chaos Field too...you wanna see that?
Fight Like A Robot!
Dale

Post by Dale »

Can anyone attend these FNG meetings?

And do you guys play anything besides fighters because although I much enjoy them I'm not too good at them.
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

Dale wrote:Can anyone attend these FNG meetings?

And do you guys play anything besides fighters because although I much enjoy them I'm not too good at them.
Yes.

If you showed up, we WILL play shmups.

PM me for directions.
Fight Like A Robot!
boagman

Post by boagman »

ROBOTRON wrote:Excellent.

Aaron, I have Chaos Field too...you wanna see that?
Sure! Why not?

BTW, you're right: we should ride together. Oh, and it's Aron. Just one "a." :wink:
boagman

Post by boagman »

Oh, and does anyone have either version of Senko no Ronde imported? I'd really like to sample GRev's latest. It looks...interesting.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

boagman wrote:Oh, and does anyone have either version of Senko no Ronde imported? I'd really like to sample GRev's latest. It looks...interesting.
I have the game but unfortunatly do not have a Japan 360 to play the game :(
ROBOTRON wrote:Yes.

If you showed up, we WILL play shmups.

PM me for directions.
I will attempt to attend the FNG soon (when I can get Friday night free).
Dale

Post by Dale »

These FNG meeting sound like fun. I'm not the most skilled shmup or 2-D fighter player in the world but I do love to compete and I can do some pretty impressive things every now and again. It seems like a good crowd although allot of them are from SRK so I might seem a little noobish to them. PM me some directions, I'm not sure if I can make it this friday but maybe next time I'll go.

Is it cool if I bring some of my gamer bud's come along. Their really into 2-D fighters so I think they'll be right at home.

From the games you mentioned I'm assuming you play on a Japanese or modded PS2. Should people coming bring their own PS2 controllers?
Also just wondering do you guys play much else besides fighters and shmups, like do you play party games or racers FPS's any stuff like that?
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

Dale wrote:These FNG meeting sound like fun. I'm not the most skilled shmup or 2-D fighter player in the world but I do love to compete and I can do some pretty impressive things every now and again. It seems like a good crowd although allot of them are from SRK so I might seem a little noobish to them. PM me some directions, I'm not sure if I can make it this friday but maybe next time I'll go.

Is it cool if I bring some of my gamer bud's come along. Their really into 2-D fighters so I think they'll be right at home.

From the games you mentioned I'm assuming you play on a Japanese or modded PS2. Should people coming bring their own PS2 controllers?
Also just wondering do you guys play much else besides fighters and shmups, like do you play party games or racers FPS's any stuff like that?
I think Sonic already mentioned what systems/games would be available at the shmupmeet...if thats what you meant.

I personally have an import PS2 (@ FNG)...which I can bring if needed. We mostly play 2D fighters (some 3D like Tekken, Virtua and Naruto for gamecube).

Me and Ubersaurus are the only COOL guys that play shmups at FNG. I do own other genres of game though...mostly classic stuff.
Fight Like A Robot!
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

I would like to attend FNG some time. Can't do it this Friday though.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Ayanami wrote:I would like to attend FNG some time. Can't do it this Friday though.
Maybe we can roll together sometime to ROBOTRON's. I know this is your cup of tea with all the fighting game action going on :wink:
boagman

Post by boagman »

ROBOTRON wrote:Me and Ubersaurus are the only COOL guys that play shmups at FNG. I do own other genres of game though...mostly classic stuff.
So, since the death of Wizzard's, is your place now the ad hoc hang out to play fighting games? 'Cause you know me: not exactly the fighting game fan.

I wonder: am I the only living human being who owns a Neo-Geo AES and doesn't have a single dedicated fighting game for it?
boagman

Post by boagman »

Sonic R wrote:
boagman wrote:Oh, and does anyone have either version of Senko no Ronde imported? I'd really like to sample GRev's latest. It looks...interesting.
I have the game but unfortunatly do not have a Japan 360 to play the game :(
It's actually *region-locked*? Oh, that just burns my britches. I mean, shoot...and there's no easy way around that? Is it the Limited Edition of SnR?

I'm half-betting that the XBox 360's price will be dropping like a stone in Japan sooner rather than later, but still...this is just painful, and having to buy the entire console just to play this one game...nasty, that.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

boagman wrote: I wonder: am I the only living human being who owns a Neo-Geo AES and doesn't have a single dedicated fighting game for it?
Probably, though I would be right behind you with only 1 fighting game - Fatal Fury 2 (I got a good deal on 3 games for $60 and really wanted Baseball Stars 2). I own 9 AES games - 4 shooties, 2 platformers, 2 sports, and 1 fighting :)
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

blank