RQ: Mushihime sama, that final arrange boss...

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
MovingTarget

RQ: Mushihime sama, that final arrange boss...

Post by MovingTarget »

I can get up to this boss with a few lives still left, but it kicks my ass every time. I've only managed to take just over half of its health once.

Often when a bullet spread starts I feel that I'm missing something, a certain place I should be on screen where theres a slight gap in the bullets. Alas its all a bit confusing!

Can anyone offer any advice?
Know thy enemy attack pattern.
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

Got to this boss today with 4 lives left, didnt even take down half the health. Please help!

With the bombs that works out at 16 deaths approx on that boss... Shit!
ReKleSS

Post by ReKleSS »

It's the True Last Boss from Ultra mode - it's not meant to be easy (Unlike the rest of Arrange...) It might help to find some videos - try the Ultra stage 5 video here.
弾もまたいで通る
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

actually this ones a lot easier than the ultra TLB.i dont find it too hard.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

I tried downloading that and it crashed my bosses pc. He said he hasnt downloaded anthing in the past week apart from that and mrmonkeyman's vid. He said he got two viruses after that, one was a trojan. It seemed unlikely to me but I doubt he'll try again, and I have dialup.

A few of the patterns I can manage, but a lot of the time its just dead ends and not knowing where the hell to be or go!
samspot

Re: RQ: Mushihime sama, that final arrange boss...

Post by samspot »

This is my first time really learning a shmup. I’ve got 2 normal/original 1cc and I decided to go for all the steam achievements, which means an Arrange 1cc.

The TLB has been a major wall for me. I’m currently practicing it over and over again and my goal is to consistently beat phase 1 without losing a life. It’s very slow going but I can see progress. Once I can do that ever 4 out of 5 times the 1cc will come. Phase 2 is pretty easy and phase 3 is mostly about having enough bombs and lives left, which for me is 7-9 bombs.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Isnt the problem with this one, that you cannot bomb him?
samspot

Post by samspot »

On ultra you have to be careful shooting after a bomb. But arrange is much easier and doesnt punish for shooting the shield.