RQ: Zero Gunner 2 Rotation question...

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
dave4shmups

RQ: Zero Gunner 2 Rotation question...

Post by dave4shmups »

Is rotation in this game any easier when using a Saturn controller or a Joystick?

I love this game, but I wish there was a control option that let you set the L and R buttons to rotate.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I couldn't imagine any controller would make it easier unless it's just more comfortable for you to use. You'll still be pressing a button and moving a d-pad around to move it.

I think if you play the game awhile you'll really appreciate the way it is set up. Using L and R you would have slower control.
it290

Post by it290 »

Unless they used analog control for the rotation.

Really, though, you just have to try and remember that the 'rotation' button is really a 'set aim point' button.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

"remember that the 'rotation' button is really a 'set aim point' button."

I know that, but how will it help my rotation skills?
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

With more practice, you'll get used to it. I mean, there's just shot and bomb, and turn. It'll become very intuitive once you give it more time.

Imagine if Psikyo used rotation buttons instead; either slowed turning or imprecise turning depending on how long you held the button down. I think the free turn system works far smoother.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Well, you don't have to be rotating all of the time, especially on the first 3-4 stages. There's really no need to spin around in complete circles often, so what you need to do is make short tapping movements for quick turns (but not tapping too quickly to switch target distances). Turning the exact degree you want should take a split second. Note you can spin the ship completely around by pushing in the opposite direction while the target button is held. Try to collect the e-cubes while turning.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

i love this games rotation mechanics (simply love the game for that matter). i play with a stock controller. doing simple sweeps with some timed button presses is so much fun when you nail the move. it's the little things that matter. :P
I have no sig whatsoever.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Yeah, I love this game too, I guess I just need more practice. Thanks for the good advice guys! :D -Dave
dai jou bu

Post by dai jou bu »

If you tap the rotation button after pressing it once, your turn marker will move forward a little more and you'll rotate even slower. I didn't know about that until I saw the 1CC double loop demo.
AKRATEN

Re: RQ: Zero Gunner 2 Rotation question...

Post by AKRATEN »

I have a quick question about this game,
anyone know if there are Maintenance codes for this one like there are for dragon blaze?
thanks
:D