GameCube D cable

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
undamned

GameCube D cable

Post by undamned »

Anybody know much about the Japanese D connector standard? I was wanting to get a D cable for my Cube and run it through my XRGB 2, but I was curious if it would look any better than the component cable?
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

no... no different than component. I actually run component with my XRGB's D terminal input. I use a small adapter....

They are the same other than layout.

Why are you wanting to send it through an XRGB? They won't pass through anything progressive and most GC titles are 480p. Just curious...
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
PC Engine Fan X!

Japanese Gamecube D-Terminal cable modded to VGA specs...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

For undamned,

I use a Japanese Gamecube D-Terminal cable that's been further modified to output in VGA output -- it works like a charm with the Gamecube games that do output in 480p...displays in true 640 x 480 resolution (better than Sega's officlal VGA Box Adapter setup with a Dreamcast console IMO).

Unfortunately, Nintendo has stopped production of it's 2nd batch of GC Component Video Cables...they, too, can be further modded to output in either 15 kHz Japanese RGB or 31 kHz VGA output (just like the earlier mentioned Japanese Gamecube D-Terminal output).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~