Looking for a way to connect my PS2 to my computer...

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
xghostsniperx

Looking for a way to connect my PS2 to my computer...

Post by xghostsniperx »

I realize I have to have a VGA Box or something.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VGA-Box-for-PS3-Xbo ... dZViewItem

Would something like that worK? That's be nice because I could have all my systems hooked up to that.
ReKleSS

Post by ReKleSS »

That thing looks like it's composite only, i.e. looks like shit. You probably want something more like http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-86- ... -1ic5.html.
弾もまたいで通る
xghostsniperx

Post by xghostsniperx »

WOW! Why does that cost so much money?

I just want to be able to plug my PS2 into a computer monitor so I can have crystal clear looking shmups. I see VGA cables for DC go for like $15, I don't want to pay more than $30 for a VGA thing. I don't even need the multi-stystem thing.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

Because Dreamcast is able to output VGA natively and PS2 can't.

Don't expect crystal clear looking shmups from a $30 VGA box. If you've ever played Mars Matrix or GigaWing on Dreamcast through a VGA box, think of that, but blurrier and with more washed out colours and that's what you can expect.

If you want to go ahead anyway to see for yourself, it's a $30 lesson to never use a crappy upscanner again.
xghostsniperx

Post by xghostsniperx »

So would I just be better off sticking with my TV? If VGA only slightly clears it up, I won't bother.

I'd rather ask another question though, since VGA doesn't really seem worth it anymore.

It seems to me that the PS2 has the widest variety of shmups next to the Saturn. Since I have a good arcade stick for PS2 and component cables, I think it'll be main "main" shmupping console. But for vertical games, what advantages does Tate mode have, besides making the screen "full"? I mean, does putting it in Tate mode help gameplay at all?