XSELECT-D4

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Craiji

XSELECT-D4

Post by Craiji »

I just wanted to know if anyone knew enough about the xselect-d4 to help me fix it.

My RGB15 out put seems to be acting up, it will not display colors properly, very reddish image with most other colors drowned out, I have tested on many monitors and still the same result.

Sometimes miraculously the colors will return only when the power is turned off and turned back on the color will again go all red. Any ideas or must I send this back to Japan?
PC Engine Fan X!

Possible solution to your XSELECT-D4 woe...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Craiji wrote:I just wanted to know if anyone knew enough about the xselect-d4 to help me fix it.

My RGB15 out put seems to be acting up, it will not display colors properly, very reddish image with most other colors drowned out, I have tested on many monitors and still the same result.

Sometimes miraculously the colors will return only when the power is turned off and turned back on the color will again go all red. Any ideas or must I send this back to Japan?
For Granji,

You might want to check and see if your RGB-15 pinout connection interface is plugged in properly and not loose. That should solve your problem and if not, then your final option would be send it back to Japan for repairs...would cost some $$$ to get it repaired though.

And are you used a Microcom XRGB upscan convertor setup along with your XSelect-D4 multi hook-up interface box switcher? ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Craiji

Post by Craiji »

Yeah it is definitely not loose, even tried wiggling the vga cable, using different cables and still the same result.

I use to run the unit with a XRGB-2+, but i now have a XRGB-3 which acts like both of the other micomsoft boxes together in the Base 1 mode.

But my roommate now exclusively runs the XSELECT-D4 for HD on his monitor - Well back to japan for the box
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

have you tried opening it to see if any of the pin connectors in the units plug has a strong contact? it may have come loose or worne especially if things are rotated on a port quite a bit. the connectors might even need to be cleaned. it doesn't sound like it's a problem with the board but something to do with the connections.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Craiji

Post by Craiji »

Thanks Strider, if was a loose contact. Now my roommate can enjoy his TV and games in his hovel

Does anyone know if I use an RBG cable with a Dreamcast with any game with VGA box support will I be able to get 480p on the XSELECT?