Buying a Sigma Supergun

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Xuse

Buying a Sigma Supergun

Post by Xuse »

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a Sigma AV5000 or AV7000 supergun. I've found a few sites that have them available but I just want to make sure I have as much information as possible before making my purchase.

Can anyone recommend a quality site for information/purchase?
Does anyone have preference or more information on the differences between the AV5000 and AV7000?
Am I completely insane and need to find another supergun?

Thanks!
PC Engine Fan X!

Re: Buying a Sigma Supergun

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Xuse wrote:Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a Sigma AV5000 or AV7000 supergun. I've found a few sites that have them available but I just want to make sure I have as much information as possible before making my purchase.

Can anyone recommend a quality site for information/purchase?
Does anyone have preference or more information on the differences between the AV5000 and AV7000?
Am I completely insane and need to find another supergun?

Thanks!
For Xuse,

The cheapest and world's smallest supergun that $$$ can buy would the MAK (Multiple Arcade Konsole) Supergun itself and even has built-in adjustable pots for the Red, Blue and Green signal feed lines on the Jamma edge connector interface for best RGB visuals on an analog RGB monitor setup...this MAK supergun appears from time to time on eBay. Plan on spending about $150.00-$175.00 USD for one if that price point sounds attractive to you...be aware that it is a basic no-frills supergun setup -- you get what you pay for..... ^_~

However, others here on this board have said that it's recommended that one gets an Jamma 56-pin ribbon cable extension setup (as so not to break the actual 56-pin Jamma edge connection interface on a real arcade Jamma PCB). One would have to custom make such a "Jamma harness extension cable setup" to go with that setup is ideal...

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

I have a Sigma AV 6000 and I'll have an AV 7000 pretty soon. The main difference is the AV 6000 and AV 5000 have D15-pin controller ports, which are Neo-Geo compatible. The AV 7000 has its own proprietary D13-pin connector which you can only use to connect their own controller (which is a good controller). You can use a PS2>Neo-Geo adaptor to play a Hori Real Arcade Pro, or any other PS2 controller on the AV 5000/6000, which is nice. The AV 6000 and 7000 are identical except for the controller inputs and the cosmetics. I'm not sure about the AV 5000, there may be some internal differences there since it's much older. I highly recommend Sigmas, they are quality guns.