ESPGaluda Questions...

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Smithy

ESPGaluda Questions...

Post by Smithy »

1) Does anyone have a pinout for this board? I've searched all over to no avail.

2) Does anyone have a list of the dip-switch settings? All I can find them are in Japanese

3) I've noticed occaisonally that when I defeat an enemy with a large (read: lots) of bullets on the screen while in kakuseki mode, where all the gold "100x" are, there seems to be some sort of static for an instant. I saw the exact same "static" on another superplay video, so I know it is not just my board. Is this effect intentional, or is it caused or overheating or something? I can take pictures of it if no one knows what I'm talking about

... thanks!
bay

Re: ESPGaluda Questions...

Post by bay »

Smithy wrote:1) Does anyone have a pinout for this board? I've searched all over to no avail.
JAMMA?
Smithy wrote: 2) Does anyone have a list of the dip-switch settings? All I can find them are in Japanese
i think all you need to know is the dip switch 1 is test mode.
Smithy wrote: 3) I've noticed occaisonally that when I defeat an enemy with a large (read: lots) of bullets on the screen while in kakuseki mode, where all the gold "100x" are, there seems to be some sort of static for an instant. I saw the exact same "static" on another superplay video, so I know it is not just my board. Is this effect intentional, or is it caused or overheating or something? I can take pictures of it if no one knows what I'm talking about
liimitations of the board and sprites, the sprite turns to video garbage for that moment. just a limitation of hardware and kinda cool none the less.

someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

I was curious if there were any differences from the standard JAMMA pinout (such as stereo audio, an autofire button, or something else..)

And the dip-switches are also for curiosity's sake. When I got the board, 7 & 8 were on, so that's how I've left them, but I don't know what they do...

Interesting about the sprite limitation, I do think it looks kinda cool :)