RQ: R-Type Final - Level 6

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
the2bears

RQ: R-Type Final - Level 6

Post by the2bears »

Ok, I often get what I can only describe as a mental block to certain levels in certain games. Perhaps I start to over-think and second guess myself but, well, who knows?

I'm having a really tough time with level 6! I'm playing for "Score", so I'm starting the level from scratch each time. I generally make it through to the point where a whole line of the "shielded" enemies go past, and you navigate up and through a narrow crevasse - there's a rocket shooting thingy on the other side, waiting for you and a "bit" POW as well. I just can't make it past here.

Any tips? Other than hypnotism? :)

Thanks,

Bill
Blade

Post by Blade »

One thing you might want to consider is the Weapon Array you have set up. If you unlocked most/all the ships, getting a better score will be easier with certain weapon setups.

For example Anchor Force DX has a Powerful Double Yellow Laser that arcs above and below the ship at 90 degrees and then downward in front of it in a sweeping motion. This can wipe out the shielded monsters easily if you place your ship in specific spots. Certain Wave Cannons are more effective as well, depending on your playing style.
The world would be a better place if there were less shooters and more dot-eaters.

Jesus' BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS:
1. Pure, Mournful, Humble Heart
2. Merciful Peacemaker
3. Suffer for Righteous Desire
Bydo Dragon

Post by Bydo Dragon »

*concurs with Blade*

The boss behaves differently depending on which POW armors you blow up and which ones you leave alone. I suggest, if you're having trouble, destroying only the first two POWs (blue laser and bit powerups) to begin with. That way the boss will give you some breathing room to maneuver in when it does its first big "tidal wave" of stones.

Also, the faster you kill the boss, the easier that stage is to complete.
thesuperkillerxxx

Post by thesuperkillerxxx »

Gallop Force DX with blue if possible. The angles are killer.
the2bears

Post by the2bears »

Thanks, I'll be spending some time on that this weekend then.

Bill