Radirgy and Freeloader Help

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Pirate1019

Radirgy and Freeloader Help

Post by Pirate1019 »

I just bought a Freeloader disc for my GC with Radirgy through play-asia. Although after I swap the Freeloader for Radigry, nothing happens. The screen stays blank. I have read a little on the internet and have come to the conclusion that it might have to do with the fact that I am using an NTSC tv and cube. But that doesn't make sense since I'm pretty sure that Japan uses NTSC also. Is it the game? Is it the tv? I don't think it's the freeloader since everything was working up until I swapped the discs. Does anybody have any experience with a problem similar to this? Any advice is helpful since I am near entirely hardware inept.
"You are the Hero of Tomorrow!"
JJG

Post by JJG »

Are you sure you're waiting for the freeloader disk to pop up the insert game disk message?
benj

Post by benj »

I don't have Radirgy myself, but I had a similar problem with Windwaker. Some games only run with an alternative booting method described at the bottom of this Page.
Oh, and be aware that running a japanese game will wipe your Memory Card.
Pirate1019

Post by Pirate1019 »

@JJG: Yeah, I'm waiting for the message. It comes up almost instantly.

@benj: Yeah, i've tried the regular method, the alternate method and the second alternate method. I'm really not sure what's going wrong. I guess I'll try again later. I did only try the first alternate method once.

EDIT: Still not working. :(
Ceph

Post by Ceph »

As a last resort, how about selling your GC Radirgy and buying the DC version instead? It's a Naomi game, so the DC version should be arcade perfect.
Pirate1019

Post by Pirate1019 »

I stand victorious upon the tallest mountain! Sort of.

For some reason the game wouldn't load with a memory card in the system. Guess all my scores are on pencil and paper.

@Ceph: I would, if I owned a DC and the proper tools to let me play a japanese game on one. I still plan to buy a J-DC some day and hoard the entire DC collection (Save Choas Field. I own that garbage on the GC).
Ceph

Post by Ceph »

Ouch, I didn't think of the memory card issue. You will need a separate (empty) mem card for all your Japanese GC games; using the same card for imports and games from your region doesn't work.
Pirate1019

Post by Pirate1019 »

That's the wierd thing. had anticipated this and had emptied amemory card. The card was empty. Even if the memory card was incompatible, I didn't think it would prevent the game from running. I guess it's like how computers can't boot up with a floppy disk in the disk drive. Whatever. There aren't any unlockable are there?And so far I have a top score of 2.5mil, so any score-scribbling is a ways off.