Parts questions

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Acid King

Parts questions

Post by Acid King »

2 things. It looks like my coin mech is missing a part. Any help on what/where I can get it? Here's a pic.
coin mech

Also, the douches at Yellow cracked my cab in transit last year when neorichie shipped it to me. Any chance I can get a new piece for my control panel or am I boned?
Crack
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
Atomic

Re: Parts questions

Post by Atomic »

Acid King wrote: Also, the douches at Yellow cracked my cab in transit last year when neorichie shipped it to me. Any chance I can get a new piece for my control panel or am I boned?
Crack
i dont know anything about arcade cabs, but ive worked with fiberglass before, and that looks like a repairable crack if you cant actually find a piece that will work.

edit:
after a closer look, is it actually fiberglass or is that a resin cabinet?
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Matsu will have that stuff. I don't know his email address but his phone number is 909-576-3425. If he gets bad cabs, he takes bits and pieces off them for spares.

I sold that cab with no missing parts AFAIK. I distinctively remember putting quarters into it and it working fine.

If the crack is 100% on the hinge/control panel.. you can replace the whole control panel for a brand new one. Even a blastcity panel fits I believe and they look lush. Just unscrew the hinges from the control panel, take it completely off and replace it with a new one.

I hope you got comphensation from yellow for that. When it left my hands it was laid on its back.. how the hell it cracked on the control panel is beyond me.

Its a New astro city cab BTW. I believe the material is Steel on the cab, not sure if the control panel is or not.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

The mystery of the missing coin mechanism has been solved. I opened up the back of the cab and heard something very heavy fall inside, which caused me to nearly shat my pants in terror at the thought of my ESP Ra.De. board being broken... luckily it missed. The coin mech was wedged up where the monitor is mounted and fell when I unscrewed the back plate. How the hell it got there, I'll never know.

I'll have to give Matsu a call about the front piece of the panel. It looks like fiberglass, but I'm no expert.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Acid King wrote:The mystery of the missing coin mechanism has been solved. I opened up the back of the cab and heard something very heavy fall inside, which caused me to nearly shat my pants in terror at the thought of my ESP Ra.De. board being broken... luckily it missed. The coin mech was wedged up where the monitor is mounted and fell when I unscrewed the back plate. How the hell it got there, I'll never know.

I'll have to give Matsu a call about the front piece of the panel. It looks like fiberglass, but I'm no expert.
if the front panel can be removed and replaced id do what neo said. repairing it would be a last resort.
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Well, I'm boned. I emailed Matsu and he doesn't have the piece. He said he called where he gets his stuff from in Japan and they don't make the part anymore nor can he pull one off another Astro cause without it he can't sell the cab. ::single tear::
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

I've seen those Astro panel housings pop up on YAJ, somewhat infrequently though. May be quite expensive to send through the mail. I'll look again to see if anything out there now.

[update]
Sorry nothing out on YAJ right now. But I do know this exact crack happened to someone else before and he was able to repair it completely...check out this page: http://candycabinetcity.com/?p=63
[/update]
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Dave_K. wrote:I've seen those Astro panel housings pop up on YAJ, somewhat infrequently though. May be quite expensive to send through the mail. I'll look again to see if anything out there now.

[update]
Sorry nothing out on YAJ right now. But I do know this exact crack happened to someone else before and he was able to repair it completely...check out this page: http://candycabinetcity.com/?p=63
[/update]
That seems reasonable. Probably easier and cheaper than chelling out for the actual piece. Thanks for the link.