RayCrisis (AC,PS1,PC,iOS,Android,PS4,NS)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

Yamazaki / IGH / 8 327 690 / WR01-R / 83 / 0 / S | S,S,S | / 66 / Normal / PSX

Oh yes indeedy!

Next step - beat dis-human which should get me to about 11 million.
NRS

Post by NRS »

Nice!

Now I really have to start playing again :P
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

*whistles* Wow. *applause* Really nice job Yamakazi. :D Yes, NRS, I think you must start playing now. I was just going to put in another game, but no, now I think I'll spend the next few hours playing Raycrisis! Thats really impressive though Yamakazi!
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

A slight update to keep things kicking as I narrow this score gap...

Dammit, once again Dis-human foiled this run! I don't think I've ever hated an inanimate object so much... though the real culprit may lie in me losing a life or two during the main course of the game...
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Update

http://img132.imagevenue.com/get_code.p ... _594lo.jpg

:D I don't think I need to say anymore....
Last edited by Carmen on Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

:shock:

Nice! I'll have to try harder!
NRS

Post by NRS »

Some sick playing there, Carmen!
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Thanks; I hope there is more where that came from...
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

Slightly better, but still nowhere near beating dishuman :x

Yamakazi / IGH / 8 678 800 / WR-01R / 83 / 0 / S |S ,S ,S | / 60/ Normal PSX
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

I'm sure you will soon, it definetly was a psychological breakthru for me :roll: Actually I have been neglecting Raycrisis as of late (I've been playing this other shooter called Thunderforce V), but now that I finally got a new PS2 controller (I really don't like the design of the Dualshock so I had trouble with that) I really should see if it helps!
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

I think playing WR-01R isn't helping, the slower speed makes the blackhole attack REALLY tough. Just unlocked the Raystorm ships so might try for a RGrey-1 score!
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Yes, I'd like to unlock the R-Greys... if I can ever beat the game :lol: Is the WR-01R slow? Thats funny, it always feels pretty fast when I play it (like, faster then the WR-02R :?: )
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Updated score in (stupid, stupid) Special Mode. This new controller is pretty difficult to use (the control cross in particular) since I'm used to the Dualshock, so I'll be needing more practice!
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

Yamakazi / IGH / 9 181 210 / WR-01R / 83 / 0 / S |S ,S ,S | / 62 / Normal PSX

Getting closer! Though no closer to beating dishuman. I think with an optimal run I can beat your score Carmen, even without killing DH. SO WATCH OUT! ;)
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Haha, yes, I was afraid of that even before; beating Dishuman just gave me some breathing room, for now. I need to (well, once I stop playing Godhand) find some new strategies and maybe try new stages. However, I should warn you, my current score is definetly not an ideal run... it just happened to be a decent run after which I beat that stupid, stupid boss. :?
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

tiny wee increase...

Yamakazi / IGH / 9 286 980 / WR-01R / 83 / 0 / S |S ,S ,S | / 68 / Normal PSX
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

:D

Yamakazi / IGH / 9 593 300 / WR-01R / 83 / 0 / S |S ,S ,S | / 67 / Normal PSX

Yay!
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Pretty sweet man! I hope I play the game soon and retake that position... don't get too comfortable yet, the gaps only a couple of 10k's so far (that is, until you beat Dishuman, then I'll really be in trouble :shock: )
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Also, thats a REALLY high lock on rate for the WR-01R :shock: I didn't even notice that at first; 67%... thats pretty crazy!
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Yamakazi, just to let you know, I got very, VERY close to dethroning you today :P Unfortunetly I managed to screw up every run by running into the most stupid obstacles! Dishuman is pissing me off though... whats strange is I can now beat him without dying (albeit very rarely), but the only times I beat him without dying are the times where I've already lost all my reserve lives! Go figure :?

Expect a new score in the upcoming days!
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

Another tiny increase...

Yamazaki / IGH / 9 639 070 / WR01-R / 83 / 0 / S | S,S,S | / 65 / Normal / PSX

No closer to destroying DH. Any tips you have Carmen please let me know! Doing it in 1 life is awesome! :shock:
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

:D :D :D :D :D

Yamazaki / IGH / 12 118 860 / WR01-R / 83 / 0 / S | S,S,S | / 68 / Normal / PSX

HA! Did it!
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

:shock: ! You just totally blew my mind man! Just as I post another small update to reclaim the top for a few seconds... wow! And I thought I would have been the first one to beat the 10m point barrier :D

Very cool man. So were you doing 10.1m before beating him or did you get additional points at Infinity? And did you one-life him? :wink:

Really though, thats very cool. The past few days for me have been terrible in the game, with mediocre runs for whole hours, but now I'm going to really have to experiment to find out how to score that well. I wonder how many more points I can get from my current map...
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

Nah didn't manage him in one life - lost one or maybe two (as always) on those diagonal laser bolt attacks. Survived the blackhole for the first time tho... think I have that figured out now :)

Got a few extra points on Infinity but died from being excited at my score ;). I actually find Infinity a lot easier than Dishuman, think I could probably beat it if I can get past DH with one more life.

I was on just under 10mil when I got to DH, got quarter million or so on him (that can be greatly improved), then that lovely 2mil for beating him :D
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

A small update that as I try to figure out how to get close to your score! I think I need to study the Memory stages I use more carefully, as there seems to be some enemies I neglect that may give me very low encroachment (check out that 11%!)... maybe A and S grades will be in the future... :lol:

Ugh, that diagonal bolt attack is the worst!! It can be so frustrating at times. I don't know if this will help you, but the way I've come to deal with it is positioning my ship at one end of the screen, then focusing on it VERY carefully (I mean, very carefully) to make precise movements to get through the first 'wave,' then sweeping my ship to the other side of the screen (that helps take care of the secondary lasers he uses) and doing the same thing for the next wave, and the final wave. But sometimes those lasers can get SO closely packed together!

I forgot you had trouble with the black hole attack. Have you tried shooting lock-ons at it? I've found that helps a LOT. :D

Infinity probably is easier (he can be easier in Special mode, at least), but it always sucks because Dishuman is just a life-waster! I just one lifed him again today, but its never an easy thing to do and usually I'm guarenteed to lose one life when he does that diagonal laser blast for the second time (and, if he does it a third time, then I just know I can't win!) Or sometimes he gets really angry and shoots a lot of regular bullets... or something else. :?
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

Yamazaki / IGH / 12 735 970 / WR01-R / 83 / 0 / S | S,S,S | / 67 / Normal / PSX
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

*thumbs up*
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

:x

ARGH! Just got to Infinity will ALL lives intact....and managed to mess it up :(

But the 1CC is coming in the following days I'm sure!
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

Sooooo close!

Yamazaki / IGH / 13 120 560 / WR01-R / 83 / 0 / S | S,S,S | / 64 / Normal / PSX

Slightly lower lockon shootdown percentage due to a new boss tactic :)
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

Yamazaki / IGH / 13 325 780 / WR01-R / 83 / 0 / S | S,S,S | / 64 / Normal / PSX