Has anyone picked up Phantom Dust yet?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Vexorg

Has anyone picked up Phantom Dust yet?

Post by Vexorg »

It appears that this one is out now for $20, and got a reasonable (8.5) review from IGN. Has anyone picked this up yet, and if so, what do you think?
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
Neon

Post by Neon »

$20...might pick it up when I get megaman AC next week.
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

Been looking for this one for several days now, it seems to have sold out everywhere I've looked so far. Planning to get this one as soon as I find a copy. Might be good to get some Live games going once people have it, if anyone else gets it here.
joshschw

Post by joshschw »

yyes, gamestop was actually offering a $20 rebate a couple weks ago (do the math :P ) and I ordered it then. I'm only through Chapter 1 so far, just got it yesterday. pretty fun so far. I'd say it's worth the $20 for sure, the single player is supposed to be around 20-25 hours long if I heard right, and then of course there is online multiplayer.

Sounds good to me.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

Question about the single player. I was watching and playing the game in EB the other day, and it seemed as if the entire story mode is just "run here, impress this dude" that linked into missions. Is there a discernable story mode, or does it equate to the "Mission mode" present in Guilty Gear X2?
joshschw

Post by joshschw »

damocles, there is a stroy attached to it, and I have already fought a boss. But yes otherwise you find people do missions for them, and then you do battle. certain battles will have certain conditions it seems. at least so far, I'm in Chapter 3.
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

One of the complaints I've heard is that people seem to think the story mode is one big long tutorial for the multiplayer online. It does seem a little fragmented (of course, I'm only into chapter 2 so far.)
dementia

Post by dementia »

I'm currently on Chapter 6, and there definitely is a story present. The missions are pretty much the same, but the monotiny is broken due to special conditions (like Skills requiring twice/half their aura, all skills becoming single use, etc.) and later on the missions become interrupted suddenly to progress the story.

I absolutely love the game, and I think the combat system is genious.