RQ Sub weapons and option types in Ibara Arrange

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
moonwhistle

RQ Sub weapons and option types in Ibara Arrange

Post by moonwhistle »

I've had a look through the strategy section and I can't find any information about this.

I'd like to know the characteristics of each of the sup-weapons (gattling / rocket / burner etc...)

Also, does anyone know about the option formations. I just pick the search mode every time as it seems like the most useful in terms of survivial. Is there any reason to pick the other types?

Thank you.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

I'll mark all ratings out of five stars * - five being the highest.

WEAPONS:
  • Machine Gun:
    strength: **
    base range: *
    rapid speed: *****

NOTES: Most common weapon in the game, useful for all purpose play.
  • Gatling:
    strength: ***
    rapid speed: ***

NOTES: Like a more powerful, less rapidfiring and more erratic Machine Gun. Only useful as a backup to other weapons. Also only available in two of the stages in the game.
  • Rocket:
    strength: ***
    base range: ***
    rapid speed: **

NOTES: The only weapon in the game with piercing ability. Decent strength but low rapid speed makes this suited for boss play and one or two small sections of the game.
  • Five Way:
    strength: ** (***** at pointblank range)
    base range: *****

NOTES: Excellent range and firing speed balance out the low strength of the weapon. Good for all purpose play, especially combined with Search Formation.
  • Homing:
    strength: *
    base range: *****

NOTES: Worst weapon in the game. Weak and often homes in on the wrong enemies.
  • Napalm:
    strength: *****

NOTES: Good strength and residual damage caused by napalm missile explosions. Good for most stages and bosses. Doesn't appear too often in the later stages, so try and keep it.
  • Burner:
    strength: *****

NOTES: Slow firing flamer stays on screen for about two seconds, allowing you to sweep the flame around. Good strength if you can concentrate the flames on your target, otherwise quite poor as a default weapon.
FORMATIONS:
  • Normal:
    Depending on your ship subtype, your three Options will either have lockable of free-moving firing behaviours - lockable being that you can lock the Options to a firing angle by holding the Shot button down.
  • Special Locked:
    Pressing SELECT will change the Formation name in the corner of the screen from blue to purple. Purple denotes that ALL Options are fixed in place. This allows you to fire straight ahead without the Options moving and so forth.
  • Back:
    While the ship fires forward, the two side Options fire at a slight angle out and backwards, while the rear Option fires straight backwards. Has no use in the game at all.
  • Wide:
    Similar to Back, except the side Options fire at a wide angle out to the side (about 40-45 degrees) and the rear Option fires straight forward. Some use in stages if you have a scattering weapon like Gatling and need range.
  • Rolling:
    Options spin around while firing. Expect to die a lot if you use this one. >.<
  • Search:
    The only good formation, Options auto-rotate to target nearby enemies. Works best with Five Way and Napalm weapons. Don't forget to switch out depending on stage sections (like stage2 Medal silos).