PCE Non SHMUP must-haves

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

SheSaidDutch wrote:I'll never understand the Valis series, I find atleast on 4 the level design Is horrid and abstolutely boring :roll:
4 seems to be the least popular and talked about in the series. The PCE CD version is very different from the SNES one, though. The classic gaming reviews site actually said that Valis 1 PCE is the best in the series. I heard it actually came out after the other Valis games on PCE.

I want to get Valis III for my Genesis. I like what I played of it and I heard good things about it. The PCE version sounds better with the CD audio and stuff, though I heard both are similar. Both have terrible US box art. Yuko looks like a punk in the Genesis version's box art and she is drawn in a more realistic style with armor that has cone for the PCE box art. III is the only game in the series with a character who uses a whip, Belmont style.
Last edited by BrianC on Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

JapaneseGaming wrote: ...Does require a slight bit of Japanese knowledge, but you should be able to fake your way through it even if you can't speak any.
said about Fray. that's very comforting, this made me want it
I have no sig whatsoever.
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

Be warned, I got stuck in teh game somewhere. In a town, and I could read every bit of what the people were telling me. Was very frustrating. I will one day pop it in again, as it is a good game.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Bonk 1-3. Bonk's Revenge is the best.

Liquid Kids (JHucard) - Very cool Bobble Bobble'esque platformer where you control a little platapus (?) type creature who throws water bombs at enemies.

The New Zealand Story (JHucard)

Shubibinman series is good too. I like 3 myself even though the replacement of sword/saber over a gun take a bit to get used to. Plus it has at least a few boss characters which have an art style reminscent of Gunstar Heroe's baddies.
SheSaidDutch

Post by SheSaidDutch »

GaijinPunch wrote:
SheSaidDutch wrote:I'll stick with the DC version on Shenmue really :wink:
Strange... I literally popped this in a few hours ago to play through it again, as I've not touched it since I first played it the day it came out.

Shenmue or Space Harrier :lol:
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

Shenmue, and played Space Harrier. :)
SheSaidDutch

Post by SheSaidDutch »

GaijinPunch wrote:
Shenmue, and played Space Harrier. :)
:wink:

It was only a year ago I finished Shenmue 2, My dreamcast kept restarting :(
I borrowed It from a friend about 3 years ago :wink:
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

I dunno how much faithfull the PC-Engine version of Fray is to the MSX one... but the MSX one was translated to English... if you have some difficulty with the PC-Engine game, maybe you could try the MSX one.