Best Place to Purchase a New Japanese PS2?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
al138

Best Place to Purchase a New Japanese PS2?

Post by al138 »

I have finally decided to purchase a new Japanese PS2, but I am a little uncertain as from where I should purchase it. I have an opportunity to score a few Japanese shooters on the cheap, the only thing I need is a console. My usual go-to import retailer, NCSX, isn't selling them at the moment. Right now I'm thinking about Play Asia, but I would prefer to deal with a retailer in the US. I'm not too keen on using eBay, either. Any ideas? Is Play Asia still my best bet? If so, I would love to hear from anyone who has purchased a console of any type from them!

Thanks!
Bought from (via Paypal):
Alien Soldier, Bleem, CMoon, russ, thewestexit
ahnslaught

Post by ahnslaught »

Got mine from Play Asia, and I have no complaints whatsoever with them. In fact, I was more than pleased because I received it within 2-3 days of placing my order, if I recall. Keep in mind, though, you'll have to pay $20-$25 for shipping because they make you use UPS.
al138

Post by al138 »

ahnslaught wrote:Got mine from Play Asia, and I have no complaints whatsoever with them. In fact, I was more than pleased because I received it within 2-3 days of placing my order, if I recall. Keep in mind, though, you'll have to pay $20-$25 for shipping because they make you use UPS.
Thanks for the info! By the way, were you forced to pay any import duties?
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Yesasia.com is cheaper as they have brand new Ceramic White JP PS2 Slims for $219 with FREE worldwide shipping. P-A.com is sold out of these.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/s ... 004153076/

Yesasia has a US office in San Francisco, and your order should ship out of there (you said you wanted a company with a US office).
fpbrush

Post by fpbrush »

A few years back when I bought a Japanese PS2 it was from videogamedepot.com. Don't know if they still have them avaliable, but thier service was good.

I haven't ordered games from YesAsia.com but I have ordered Japanese CDs from there and have been overall pleased with thier service. The CDs were original and not bootleg--so that was a plus :)
al138

Post by al138 »

Thanks everyone!

twe, I think I'll give Yes Asia a look!
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

twe wrote:Yesasia.com is cheaper as they have brand new Ceramic White JP PS2 Slims for $219 with FREE worldwide shipping. P-A.com is sold out of these.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/s ... 004153076/

Yesasia has a US office in San Francisco, and your order should ship out of there (you said you wanted a company with a US office).
That's where I got mine. Silver one, free shipping. Took about a week, with DHL. They declared it as a DVD player, $300 HKD. :lol:

Highly recommended.