STGT 2k6- Week #2 Armed Police Batrider

mulletgeezer

Re: Rank

Post by mulletgeezer »

DEL wrote:Twiddle wrote;
And the biggest blooper of them all is picking up an extend at 3 stock, netting 100000 points for a 2+ million rank increase.
Yup, and that's exactly what I did on one run last night :? - Grubby simply would...not...die at the resultant rank :evil: .

i did that about 5 times last night. as i'm not too experienced with raizing games i keep forgetting to kill myself at regular intervals :roll:
landshark

Re: Rank

Post by landshark »

DEL wrote:Twiddle wrote;
And the biggest blooper of them all is picking up an extend at 3 stock, netting 100000 points for a 2+ million rank increase.
Yup, and that's exactly what I did on one run last night :? - Grubby simply would...not...die at the resultant rank :evil: .
I do this quite often. I always forget to die around 3 million and end up getting an extend at 3 lives. What a waste.

I tried using Strawman, Wild Snail, and Carpet on advanced (you had recommended it on Normal). I drew Bashi, BashiMk2 (I think that was him), and both ninjas. I killed envy, but died to Sobut. Even with all the extra bosses, my score was still only around 5 or 5.2 million, not to mention it was damned difficult (though BashiMk2 was shockingly easy this time around).

I'm thinking I'll stick to all Strawman or all Carpet.
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
landshark

Post by landshark »

mulletgeezer wrote:I wonder - might it be possible on the Korean version to lose one's last life a few points shy of an extend, to receive the 4,000,000 rank drop and for the debris from the exploding ship to score enough points to earn another extend and continue the game? That would be so cool.
I'm sure it would. But who would pick up the extend?
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
thesuperkillerxxx

Post by thesuperkillerxxx »

Korea B doesn't drop extends, just just get it added to your stock. The onlyu extend Icon I ever see is on stage 5 with the blu hovercraft destruction in the proper place.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

mulletgeezer wrote:I wonder - might it be possible on the Korean version to lose one's last life a few points shy of an extend, to receive the 4,000,000 rank drop and for the debris from the exploding ship to score enough points to earn another extend and continue the game? That would be so cool.
Your ship being invincible during bombing prevents this. On top of that, your debris scores no points.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
landshark

Post by landshark »

thesuperkillerxxx wrote:Korea B doesn't drop extends, just just get it added to your stock. The onlyu extend Icon I ever see is on stage 5 with the blu hovercraft destruction in the proper place.
WHOA. I'm gonna start playing the Korea B version then.
DEL

Team

Post by DEL »

Landshark wrote;
You can't alter shot speed at all on the Korean version, so it has its minus points too :wink: .

Landshark also wrote;
I tried using Strawman, Wild Snail, and Carpet on advanced (you had recommended it on Normal). I drew Bashi, BashiMk2 (I think that was him), and both ninjas. I killed envy, but died to Sobut. Even with all the extra bosses, my score was still only around 5 or 5.2 million, not to mention it was damned difficult (though BashiMk2 was shockingly easy this time around).
You did well! The next Boss would have been Black Heart MkII after Blunt, Sobut &/or Envy. This is an extra stage like Colliseum and his final attacks are tight. Your normal Stage 6 would have been Stage 8 if you had reached and beaten Black Heart MK II. If either Glow Squid and Bashinet R appear as an extra stage (not sure?) then the final Deviate Stage would be a Stage 10 ALL :shock: . This would be the route Laos Osada Senin took for his Advance WR.
I recommended this team for Normal Course only, I have tried it on advance myself for a laugh and a bucket of perspiration, going for all 11 extra Bosses:-
Like you, I triggered every extra Boss including both ninjas and went on to beat Black Heart MK II, entering ST8 (normally ST6) with 6.7mil. Its a lot of extra work for an extra mil :? .
^Pls note the above photo is for illustration purposes only.

All The Best Landshark :D
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

Ah, now I undesrtand how the heck you have a stage 8 hi-score while the game says that advance mode only has 7 levels :)
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

crithit5000 - SBST - 2,188,750 - 3 - Strawman (A) Gain (B) Silver Sword (A)
now tighter than your sister
Icarus

Re: Team

Post by Icarus »

DEL wrote:You did well! The next Boss would have been Black Heart MkII after Blunt, Sobut &/or Envy. This is an extra stage like Colliseum and his final attacks are tight.
Speaking of Black Heart2, I need to do an experiment to see if the Garegga grenade-milking trick can be applied to this boss as well. In Batrider a couple of bosses have the destroyable red grenades as part of their attack sequence, and they are worth a varying amount of points depending on which boss it is.

I'm quite curious to know if you can get 3mil off Batrider's Black Heart2 in the same manner as Garegga's Black Heart2. Should be an interesting experiment. ^_-
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

landshark wrote:
thesuperkillerxxx wrote:Korea B doesn't drop extends, just just get it added to your stock. The onlyu extend Icon I ever see is on stage 5 with the blu hovercraft destruction in the proper place.
I wouldn't do that. Extend control is a big part of the game (moreso than Garegga, in my opinion) and the Korean version kind of removes one level of that from the game.

Of course, I should see what happens. If what I'm thinking is right, the Korea revision can potentially be easier than the Japan version. If it is, I'll still use the Japanese revision anyway because I like playing with pickups.
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
Tvspelsfreak.

Post by Tvspelsfreak. »

Tvspelsfreak - Team Sweden - 6,395,920 - 6 - Strawman (A) - FBA-XXX

EDIT: Tvspelsfreak - Team Sweden - 6,897,780 - 6 - Strawman (A) - FBA-XXX
Last edited by Tvspelsfreak. on Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Twiddle wrote:
landshark wrote:
I wouldn't do that. Extend control is a big part of the game (moreso than Garegga, in my opinion) and the Korean version kind of removes one level of that from the game.

Of course, I should see what happens. If what I'm thinking is right, the Korea revision can potentially be easier than the Japan version. If it is, I'll still use the Japanese revision anyway because I like playing with pickups.
That's what I mean. It'd be alot easier to die, and score the 1.5 million than to have to worry about pickikng up the icon (which I sometimes have to bomb to get through bullets to).
DEL

Post by DEL »

DEL - 7,608,450 - Stage 8 - Carpet (ST) - PCB

Crap pic for a crap score :D
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Update:
It works exactly the same as the Japanese revision, except you no longer get a choice on whether to drop the extend or not. If you hit the 1.5 million mark at stock 3 for example, your rank will increase by about 2 million.

This still gives the Korean version a bit of a tactical advantage; extends can be obtained during boss fights, whereas you need to be at a boss fight with a popcorn enemy to get an extend during a boss in the Japanese revision.
unban shw
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Twiddle wrote:This still gives the Korean version a bit of a tactical advantage; extends can be obtained during boss fights, whereas you need to be at a boss fight with a popcorn enemy to get an extend during a boss in the Japanese revision.
I think its a bit better to have some degree of control over your Extends anyway (referring to JPN Ver. B), as described, picking up an Extend at the wrong time can have serious consequences for the rank, especially in the later stages of the game. And having Extend icons drop instead of automatically added to your stock can help with this.
zinger

Post by zinger »

zinger Team Sweden 3'535'910 5 MAME Maria (C)

Not much of an improvement, but it takes me four places higher. :)
SOUNDSHOCK
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Super Buffet ST is doing quite well without me (big surprise). Keep up the good work guys!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

In on the 7mil club.

ADVANCED COURSE
Icarus - namakoteam - 7,590,840 - Stage 6 - Strawman (A) - [WolfMAME - JPN Ver. B]

Image Image

Took on both Blunt and Sobut without dying. Dropped Medals in the latter half of stage6 again (really must stop doing that) and had no bombs to keep me alive against Grubby. Fought it for a good three minutes on my last life, milking turret arms like crazy, must have blagged a good 400k off it, before running into a slow-travelling laser.
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

cigsthecat - California Dudez - 7,076,280 - Stage 7 - Strawman (A) - [PCB - JPN Ver. B]

I'll start with that. Total shit for medals, and by the time I got to Grubby he was pissed. I had to waste several bombs even though I know the routine. Then the first miniboss in 7 really brought it's A game.
"The art director is always listed as the art director in their games. The programmer is always listed as the programmer."
Rob

Post by Rob »

Rob - Feka Team - 4'414'450 - 5 - Strawman (A)

I'm not sure about this game.
Cannibal

Post by Cannibal »

Cannibal - Team Bargiggia - 2.125.600 - Stage 4 - Strawman (A) - [MAME - JPN Ver. B]

freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

freddiebamboo - namakoteam - 3,328,650 - Stage 5 - Strawman (A) - MAME Ver. B
malcolm

Post by malcolm »

Malcolm-team drink and fly-3,528,560-stage4-ship ?-mame(ver B)
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

Smraedis - namakoteam - 4,817,660 - Stage 6 - Strawman (A) - [MAME]

Pic here
The Unknown? I'm the one who knows!
My shmup achievements | and my Superplays!
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

Skyline - California Dudez - 1,620,160 - 2 - Carpet - MAME

Maybe it was just me, but....yeah. That extend kinda didn't happen.

Raizing games are definitely not my forte. ._.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Nemo - FEKA USA - 4,157,720 - 6 - Straw, Gain, Silver(A)
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Cigs, you're wrong, it is about an hour. :wink:

It is 15-20 minutes if you're full throttling MAME though. Nevertheless...

Rank savestate for WolfMAME .103 (extract in MAME folder)

Load this only when the Batrider splash screen shows up. Any other place may cause glitches that may or may not be fatal to your game.
unban shw
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

Shatterhand - Team Old School - 2,809,650 - Strawman (A) - Mame

Shame this score doesn't make any difference for the overall team score, heh :)

Managed to score about 750k in level 1 in a run where I screwed up later. I just can't milk the bosses, this shit isn't blazing star, it's fucking hard. I just want to kill them as fast as I can.. my score is coming basically from the very few secrets I know and medalling.

When I start a game, rank increases doesn't?
howmuchkeefe

Post by howmuchkeefe »

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/767/batr0002lz0.jpg

howmuchkeefe - Team Old School - 1,841,010 - 3 - SM/CP/RB - Mame

I was so happy to get the extend, I could just die. So I did.