GD: Vimana

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Macaw

GD: Vimana

Post by Macaw »

Toaplans least known of game? Probably.

Anyways I've been playing it a bit and I have a few questions. Originally I was playing without autofire, and was only getting about 400,000 points after a few days practice (and my hand would hurt unbeleivable amounts), but now I've switched over to a 3-button setup. Apart from the bomb button, I have 2 shot buttons, 1 on autofire and 1 not so that I can use the charge-attack. This made a HUGE difference, the first time I tried I got 1.7 million points and got to the 2nd loop. So my question is, is this cheating? do the world record scores use autofire?

Also, how come the 'Bonus' sometime goes back to 1000? I had it up to 6000 at one point then it returned to 1000, then later I built it back up to about 2000 then it went back again.

And 1 more thing, how many loops are there? Is this another truxton where the record holders get up to about loop 10 and play 8 hours to get there? (I guess at that point its more a matter of physical stamina rather than skill in the game, and a few friends around to feed you while you play)
sven666

Post by sven666 »

most japanese players seem to be using autofire (where appropriate) for their records...
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Damocles

Re: GD: Vimana

Post by Damocles »

Macaw wrote:Also, how come the 'Bonus' sometime goes back to 1000? I had it up to 6000 at one point then it returned to 1000, then later I built it back up to about 2000 then it went back again.

And 1 more thing, how many loops are there? Is this another truxton where the record holders get up to about loop 10 and play 8 hours to get there? (I guess at that point its more a matter of physical stamina rather than skill in the game, and a few friends around to feed you while you play)
I always figured the bonus dropped if you didn't collect it fast enough. I was never fast enough to raise it to an ungodly level, so I don't know how high it can get. Pretty miniscule in the early stages, if you ask me.

As for loops, I'm pretty sure it loops indefinately. I've only managed three, but someone on the boards (DEL?) has gotten a counter stop.
DEL

Vimana

Post by DEL »

Yeah, just play a 2 Player game with a skilled or even semi-skilled player and you'll go round and round and round and......

Its all about destruction rate. Playing doubles....doubles :D

Of course on single play, autofire would be a huge advantage for the above^ reason.