RQ: Some Battle Garegga superplay analyses...

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Vincere

RQ: Some Battle Garegga superplay analyses...

Post by Vincere »

Ok, I just watched WIZ's replay and it's absolutely amazing. To be honnest, I am upset to the maximum because I simply don't understand:

1)How the fuck he manages to get 570 000 at the end of level 1. I watched it over and over again, there's a moment the point counter skyrockets whereas I don't see anything particular. He reaches 330 000 I don't know how.

2)How he manages to use the bomb-before-death extend level 2. I almost managed to do this today, but my point counter reached 992 000! Dammit! :x

This video is more amazing than the superplay provided in the saturn version. This game drives me really crazy, I think of it as soon as I wake up til I go to bed, I should relax and stay away from it but no, I must finish it.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Go here.
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=351

1) Over 610k is possible after stage1.
2) Bomb suicide is all about timing, and works best with ships that have long lasting bombs.
Vincere

Post by Vincere »

Ok, it's the tird or fourth time someone drives to the ST. I read it entirely and as it seems, absolutely no discussion is allowed strategy wise. I'm sorry but this ST represents only one point of view and I thought it would have been clever to discuss about various strategies with the different ships. Don't know, it's a forum as far as I remember.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Lock that shit.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Err, the ST's not really about "points of view," it tends to just present the factual information related to the game and lets you do what you want with it, including discussing it if you please. I haven't seen the superplay you speak of so I can't comment on the specifics you mention, but as far as getting lots o' points from the stage 1 boss, you're aware of all the different parts of him that can be destroyed, and the fact that destroying certain parts with different shots affects how much the part's worth? Exploit those two things to their fullest and you should be able to score pretty well at him, though you'll want to beware of taking too long if you're unsure you'll be able to deal with the rank increases tied to longer battles.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Vincere wrote:Ok, it's the tird or fourth time someone drives to the ST. I read it entirely and as it seems, absolutely no discussion is allowed strategy wise. I'm sorry but this ST represents only one point of view and I thought it would have been clever to discuss about various strategies with the different ships. Don't know, it's a forum as far as I remember.
The ST is for strategy and analysis. Thats why it is there - to present facts and allow creative discussion. This may be a forum but there are places to put things, you know. ^_-

Quite how a factual guide only presents 'one point of view' when it presents 'all the main facts' and allows for alternative interpretation and conversation is beyond me. ¯\(º_o)/¯

And answering your questions for the second time:
Vincere wrote:1)How the fuck he manages to get 570 000 at the end of level 1. I watched it over and over again, there's a moment the point counter skyrockets whereas I don't see anything particular. He reaches 330 000 I don't know how.
Thats not very descriptive. Mind telling me in detail what you think happens? From my experience there is no 'skyrocketing' in any sense, just WIZ shooting off parts of the boss in particular ways for points.

You do know that some enemies and boss parts are worth less if destroyed with piercing bullet or Weapon, as is the opposite in some situations, right?
Vincere wrote:2)How he manages to use the bomb-before-death extend level 2. I almost managed to do this today, but my point counter reached 992 000! Dammit!
Its not exactly difficult to do.

http://www.ikaruga.co.uk/files/fw/st_ga ... espawn.avi

Its all timing, and easier to do with ships that have long-lasting Weapons like Gain or Bornnam.
Vincere

Post by Vincere »

Ok, I simply didn't checked that discussion was possible in the proper ST. As I saw everything detailed, I didn't see the following discussion and thought I had to create a new topic to speak about certains aspects of the game. My oops.

I guess I'm a bit bad-tempered since I spend my all day on BG/internet.