RQ: Super Darius II PCE SCD - Help please!!

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
DC906270

RQ: Super Darius II PCE SCD - Help please!!

Post by DC906270 »

Hi, anyone have any hints on how to beat the "revenge shark" boss on stage D, the battleship with the shark face? it seems to take a long time, much longer than other bosses, and sometimes i die without anything touching me???? weird. any tips?
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

And thus, I resurrected this thread.

Seems a shame to not get any tips on a request for help, so I'll offer up something.

On Revenge Shark, the main spot to hammer (no pun) is the very front of the ship...

That's the only real weak spot on the thing, so as soon as it starts drifting onto the screen, let loose with an many bullets as you can. As I'm sure you've found out, if you don't kill it on the first pass, you spend a short time dodging bullets and a little Gundam-like robot before you get another crack at the nose of the ship, so a fast firing speed is important.

As for what's killing you...

... I'd wager those are the culprits right there. Those yellow bullets are small, and at times, look more like parts of Revenge Shark than bullets. The end result is loosing track of them, and getting nailed by one without even noticing it was coming at you. These things start being fired almost immediately after half of RS is on the screen, and they're fired at a pretty steady rate. So you need to watch for them, as they're shot out of several spots along RS's side.

Anyway, hope that helps a little.
DC906270

Post by DC906270 »

yeah, wow i posted that ages ago. i also worked out how to beat it ages ago :wink: , but the problem was definately caused by the hardware (supergrafx/cd rom set up), when i tried it on magic engine it was a cinch. one of the few games not properly compatible with supergrafx.