RQ: Raiden Fighters 2 Secret Planes?

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Rastan78

RQ: Raiden Fighters 2 Secret Planes?

Post by Rastan78 »

Does anyone know how the ships are unlocked in RF 2? I've heard that it's a time unlock feature. Does this mean that the board has to be powered on or is there an internal clock? Is it helpful to just leave the board on for long periods or does is only register actual game time?

Also, I've had absolutely no luck getting any of the codes to work for secret ships, slaves etc. I'm playing the Japan rev by the way.
the allett

Post by the allett »

Hi all

I'm having the same problem surely some one on the board knows what the problem is!

mark
In the words of an alcholic, have another drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

IIRC, the RF2 ships are timelocked. I beliieve that this also applies to the Slave variant as well, and I think it is based on playtime, not power-on time.

You could try the Slave code to find out though. Insert a coin, and hold down Bomb first. When you press Start, hold that down as well (you should have Bomb and Start held down when the ship select appears). Keeping Bomb and Start held, move over the ship you want Slaveified, and press Shot.
the allett

Post by the allett »

thanks! Tried this and didn't work i wanna use the Raiden mak II ship ;(

mark
In the words of an alcholic, have another drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

You're gonna have to play it for a while then. ^_-
And Slave must be timelocked as well.
BPzeBanshee

Re: RQ: Raiden Fighters 2 Secret Planes?

Post by BPzeBanshee »

BUMP

I know of Twiddle's way to jack up the time to unlock the ships but does anyone have specifics as to when exactly they unlock?

I found that my Tuning License version of RF2 had Raiden MK-II and Judge Spear in by default, and the other ships accessible via secret commands (up + Bomb at Aegis IV for Aegis II-c for example) but no Dark Sword. Got me curious as to how many hours I'd have to put in for each phase starting from scratch.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

I believe it was 70 days of operation to unlock all of the ships.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

I did a bit of mucking around for testing and found so far that the Tuning License version requires 140 days of operation for all of the ships while the Japan sets only need 70 (Twiddle's page on jacking up the days of operation covered this much already). However, the difference between having the stock ships unlocked, having the Hell Diver unlocked, having Raiden MK-II/Judge Spear via menu unlocked were different between each set. On one it was 40 for Judge Spear/Raiden MK-II and for another it was 30. I think 20 unlocked the Hell Diver for one and then the Hell Diver was already unlocked on another set straight after the JP1 update.

I haven't tried the other versions but considering the ridiculousness of unlocking these things normally jacking it up to 140 with the settings trick is pretty much the only way to play.