Remote Weapon GunFencer [shmup with Caravan-style scoring]

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
M.Knight

Re: Remote Weapon GunFencer [shmup with Caravan-style scoring]

Post by M.Knight »

An excerpt from the mission mode, featuring one of the gimmicky enemies and hazards : a laser camera that shoots homing lasers upon detecting the player in its range
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WYeWp4QiHs
There's gonna be some more unique stuff like this in some missions
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Ark

Post by Ark »

How many levels are you planning?
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

There's going to be a few modes. The standard Arcade Mode has 5 stages and is around 15 minutes, but there's also a Mission mode with 30-ish short individual stages, as well as an Endless mode that plays through a large set of enemy waves from the whole game and has variable length depending on how long the player survives.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

I finished working on the game's opening animation. There has always been some sort of intro cutscene even in the first demos but they were more janky and less animated, and I revised them a few times over the years. I finally have something that is up to par and also has music : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr5_LWxKScw
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

https://mknight.itch.io/remote-weapon-g ... ttack-demo

Just released a new demo focused on score attack : there's a few tutorial missions and some that are more like 2 and 3 minute caravan modes with score thresholds to beat for high ranks.
On top of that, there's all the mechanics and music I have added since last time...and since that was a while ago, that means a whole bunch of stuff was added compared to the previous demo!
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

I'm tweaking some stuff based on feedback from the score attack demo. Player damage and bomb ending were not conveyed well enough so those animations will be extra powerful
There is also a visually-distinct force field for the deathbomb which was already a mechanic present in the demo albeit not as explicitely conveyed. The deathbomb looks different but acts exactly the same so non-Touhou-MoF-superplayers can relax as there's no need to trigger deathbombs on purpose for any special gain.