Trying to remember an obscure shmup [Found]

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Zatsupachi

Trying to remember an obscure shmup [Found]

Post by Zatsupachi »

It was random one I played on a netcafe a long time ago around the early 2000s—the game possibly released late 90s, not entirely concrete on that.

It had a somewhat similar art style to StarGunner (pre-rendered 3d graphics), but had a more minimalistic UI and was more of a straightforward stage-to-stage shmup (not a euroshmup).

Almost every boss you beat gave you a new weapon and you can swap your weapons out on the fly with a button. It would look like you took a part of the boss(typically the guns) when you equipped a weapon. I remember a hitscan machinegun, some sort of orange cannon that juts out of your ship and a spammable nuke/screen clear you acquire in the penultimate(?) stage called an "Anti-Nuke."

It went from space to an asteroid belt to an Earth-like planet in terms of stages. Though I don't remember the precise count.

So yeah anyone have ideas of what this shmup was?
(It's a horizontal/sidescrolling shmup for clarification.)
Last edited by Zatsupachi on Thu May 02, 2024 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zatsupachi

Re: Trying to remember an obscure shmup

Post by Zatsupachi »

I found it.

It look me brute forcing the search for nearly every shmup released for the DOS.

It's called Nebula Fighter.
https://youtu.be/PuoC3-NRa1Y?si=XqcClwj336BGDcci