Touhou Makukasai FDF II / Perfect Sakura Fantastica

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
marus

Re: Touhou Makukasai FDF II / Perfect Sakura Fantastica

Post by marus »

Thanks! And yeah I actually like the Extra stage more too - I think the patterns are more fun to graze, and the Yukari+Lovecraftian aesthetic is way cooler than just Suika throwing rocks at you. But like you said more people seem to be playing Phantasm mode, so I wanted to see what kind of scores I could get. And the mode has been growing on me the more I play it.
CStarFlare wrote:Is there any world in which 11b is possible with good RNG and execution, or is the goal closer to 10.6-10.7b?
With the knowledge we have today I think the theoretical max is somewhere around 10.8 billion. But also I have a strong feeling there's still a lot about the game we don't know; even though more people are playing the game lately, it still hasn't been pushed nearly as hard as the mainline Touhou games for example.

A TAS could get 11 billion for sure just by grazing better. A big potential loss of points is that today all the players (including myself) just survive the nonspells but don't do any special grazing routes. In particular, Suika's non1, non3, and non5 are basically just a mess of bullets that shoot out from the center of the screen. If someone did a really deep analysis of how the nonspells work though and figured out safe(ish) ways to graze them more aggressively, that'd let you build your cherry bar up more before starting each border, and potentially put you over 11 billion. That said that person won't be me lol.