FM Towns Computer / Marty Thread

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
DanHero

Re: FM Towns Computer / Marty Thread

Post by DanHero »

Hi, and THANK you for the answer, it starts to explain A LOT. the computer is a 486, FM Towns ME. How can I disable fast mode? I see many games like Blandia have an option to turn it on/off, but there is no such a thing in those two games
SuperDeadite

Post by SuperDeadite »

There are several ways, you can even set it to default on or off and save settings to SRAM from within TownsOS.

But the easiest way is to hold both button 1 and 2 on the controller as the system boots. You will get a boot menu where you can turn Fast mode on or off and also select the system boot drive.
DanHero

Post by DanHero »

Thank you, I learned a lot. Fast mode was disabled for me, so enabling it made SSF2 and ALLTYNEX totally different games. This made no difference in Op Wolf and Chase HQ, both having this distorted sound fx that disappears on Marty; maybe they have been made with 386 in mind, dunno.
SuperDeadite

Post by SuperDeadite »

I've run Op Wolf and Chase HQ on my Fresh fine without issues. Might be a bios bug, as your ME should be older than my Fresh...

Disabling Fast mode runs the system the same as a 386x16 for me at least. Your ME should have 4mb RAM on the mobo plus simms in sockets for any additional RAM, pull out the simms and disable fast mode should fix Shadow of the Beast.