OSSC Pro

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
marqs

Re: OSSC Pro

Post by marqs »

orange808 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:18 am Will a future unit be available with analog out installed?
Having the DAC on-board would mean removing expansion port since there is not enough FPGA IOs for both.
windaddy01 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:25 pm Can the Extra AV Out and Legacy AV Input Expansion Cards be used at the same time and if so is there any downsides to using them both at the same time?
Only one expansion card can be used at a time.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

I just want a neat and tidy unit with analog output to perform low lag downscaling/passthrough and transcoding with optimal sampling from both digital and analog sources with the ability to adjust porches for centering. Then, I can simply split both my analog and digital switch outputs, feed the OSSC Pro, drop the OSSC Pro in front of a CRT, and always get exactly what I want on my CRT without hassle.

I just hope the expansion board comes inside a case and it can be securely seated with the main OSSC unit.
We apologise for the inconvenience
windaddy01

Post by windaddy01 »

Does 1920x540p output work in A-LM mode? Can I do 1080p to 540p mode with line drop mode in A-LM mode and can I also do 240p or 480p to 540p mode in A-LM mode as well?

Thanks in advance
fafangus

Post by fafangus »

Hi
As a user of the original ossc, I'm keen to get the pro, but I have a few questions (sorry if this has already been asked in the topic...)
- Is the 240p-480i switch on some games faster than on the original ossc?
- I'd like to connect the ossc both in hdmi (tv 4k) and on my crt 31k - 15k, what add-on (gpio) do you recommend (I'm in UE)?
Thanks in advance, and congratulations for all your hard work ^^
windaddy01

Post by windaddy01 »

windaddy01 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:35 pm Does 1920x540p output work in A-LM mode? Can I do 1080p to 540p mode with line drop mode in A-LM mode and can I also do 240p or 480p to 540p mode in A-LM mode as well?

Thanks in advance
I just got my ossc pro today and I can't seem to get 1920x540p to work in A-LM mode... is there a setting I'm missing or is it currently not support in the v0.74 firmware? If it is not supported right now is it possible 540p output will work in A-LM mode in a later firmware?

Thanks in advance
marqs

Post by marqs »

orange808 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:11 pmI just hope the expansion board comes inside a case and it can be securely seated with the main OSSC unit.
A case design is worked on, and the expansion can be attached to main unit via screw terminals.
windaddy01 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:07 pm I just got my ossc pro today and I can't seem to get 1920x540p to work in A-LM mode... is there a setting I'm missing or is it currently not support in the v0.74 firmware? If it is not supported right now is it possible 540p output will work in A-LM mode in a later firmware?
It's not in A-LM options yet, but can be easily added on the next firmware.
windaddy01

Post by windaddy01 »

marqs wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:31 pm
orange808 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:11 pmI just hope the expansion board comes inside a case and it can be securely seated with the main OSSC unit.
A case design is worked on, and the expansion can be attached to main unit via screw terminals.
windaddy01 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:07 pm I just got my ossc pro today and I can't seem to get 1920x540p to work in A-LM mode... is there a setting I'm missing or is it currently not support in the v0.74 firmware? If it is not supported right now is it possible 540p output will work in A-LM mode in a later firmware?
It's not in A-LM options yet, but can be easily added on the next firmware.
That would be great if it's in the next firmware
windaddy01

Post by windaddy01 »

I've noticed that passing through 1080i from my Nvidia GTX 1080ti straight to the display makes text exhibits significantly less flicker than A-LM 1080p to 1080i via line drop mode which makes me think Nvidia might be applying some sort of anti-flicker filter when outputting to interlaced resolutions... would it be possible to add an optional anti-flicker filter for interlaced outputs for use with A-LM interlaced output modes?

Thanks in advance
GK6475

Post by GK6475 »

I think I've asked this before, but will Dolby Pro Logic I and II processing be possible? I noticed that the OSSC Pro can output 5.1 and 7.1 LPCM, so I wondered if DPLI/II processing would be feasible for consoles that utilize this form of surround sound. Also, would it be possible to do a 4x integer prescale then bilinear scale that to the output using a custom scaling preset?
Last edited by GK6475 on Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
windaddy01

Post by windaddy01 »

The main reason for getting the OSSC Pro is for1080p to 1080i/540p conversion for use with a Sony HD CRT and so far I'm happy with what the OSSC Pro is able to do right now after tinkering with it for a while but it could be improved with an optional anti-flicker filter for interlaced output modes and 1920x540p output in A-LM mode...

The only real bug I have really found so far is there is some very minor black crush when the source is set to RGB Full, AV4 Default Range is set to Full and Output TX is Set to full... one above black is the same as the complete black background in the Lagom LCD Black level test no matter how much I raise the brightness which I"m able to distinguish one above black from the complete black background when directly outputting from the source via hdmi with Full RGB Range in the Nvidia Control panel.
Last edited by windaddy01 on Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

windaddy01 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am I've noticed that passing through 1080i from my Nvidia GTX 1080ti straight to the display makes text exhibits significantly less flicker than A-LM 1080p to 1080i via line drop mode which makes me think Nvidia might be applying some sort of anti-flicker filter when outputting to interlaced resolutions... would it be possible to add an optional anti-flicker filter for interlaced outputs for use with A-LM interlaced output modes?

Thanks in advance
+1

An adjustable flicker filter for interlaced outputs would be a great feature to have. That would also (finally) make the old Extron scan converters obsolete.

Given that the OSSC Pro is going to be the exclusive community video processor with analog output, the ability to retire my scan converter would be fantastic.
windaddy01

Post by windaddy01 »

orange808 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:35 pm
windaddy01 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am I've noticed that passing through 1080i from my Nvidia GTX 1080ti straight to the display makes text exhibits significantly less flicker than A-LM 1080p to 1080i via line drop mode which makes me think Nvidia might be applying some sort of anti-flicker filter when outputting to interlaced resolutions... would it be possible to add an optional anti-flicker filter for interlaced outputs for use with A-LM interlaced output modes?

Thanks in advance
+1

An adjustable flicker filter for interlaced outputs would be a great feature to have. That would also (finally) make the old Extron scan converters obsolete.

Given that the OSSC Pro is going to be the exclusive community video processor with analog output, the ability to retire my scan converter would be fantastic.

I wonder if the anti flicker filter would be possible in A-LM mode or if it's only doable in Scaler mode?
orange808

Post by orange808 »

windaddy01 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:49 pm I wonder if the anti flicker filter would be possible in A-LM mode or if it's only doable in Scaler mode?
Isn't that just deinterlacing the input, processing/sharpening the image, and outputting an interlaced signal from the frame buffer?

If the information in the fields is blended to reduce flicker, I think you need to deinterlace.
jaffa225man

Post by jaffa225man »

fafangus wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:41 pm Hi
As a user of the original ossc, I'm keen to get the pro, but I have a few questions (sorry if this has already been asked in the topic...)
- I'd like to connect the ossc both in hdmi (tv 4k) and on my crt 31k - 15k, what add-on (gpio) do you recommend (I'm in UE)?
It seems, for the moment, 240p-480i is instantaneous in only its scaler mode with constant Framelock off settings, and constant "Aspect ratio" settings in the "Scaler opt." menu. I tested this with my projector that always displays its different inputs upon resynching, my SNES, and the 240p Test Suite's 240p/480i switcher. Aspect ratio set to "Auto", or Framelock set to "Off (source Hz)" still made the projector re-synch occasionally, but setting each to a constant value works perfectly. I expect that marqs could patch the OSSC Pro to make it continue to output the last synched Aspect ratio and Source Hz until a new signal's setup is decidedly different with either value, but it may be more work than it's worth.

The image on digital output is replicated to analog output, so if you want both of your devices to ouput the same content, this should work. To add the CRT analog output, you'd probably want both the Extra AV output and the AV adapter addons when they are finished: https://junkerhq.net//xrgb/index.php?ti ... d_adapters
WasherFace

Post by WasherFace »

Hey im having this problem with the gamecube gbi ossc pro preset when using hdmi input. When i try to use line 3x 360p on adaptive line multiplier mode, the image is way too skinny. Im using a 1080p display and pure line multiplier doesnt work in 3x at all it says out of range. Ive dug through all the settings i could but i cant find anything to fix it. I dont know if this is some kind of bug with the preset but itll be really nice if this mode would work as its my favorite way to play gba games. Line2x mode does work perfectly fine in both LM modes though and thats what it defaults to.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

WasherFace wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:04 am Hey im having this problem with the gamecube gbi ossc pro preset when using hdmi input. When i try to use line 3x 360p on adaptive line multiplier mode, the image is way too skinny. Im using a 1080p display and pure line multiplier doesnt work in 3x at all it says out of range. Ive dug through all the settings i could but i cant find anything to fix it. I dont know if this is some kind of bug with the preset but itll be really nice if this mode would work as its my favorite way to play gba games. Line2x mode does work perfectly fine in both LM modes though and thats what it defaults to.
Did you try changing the screen ratio for your Screen?
windaddy01

Post by windaddy01 »

Is there an official place to report bugs or suggest features for the OSSC Pro?

Because when I connect my PS4 to the OSSC Pro via HDMI the audio cuts out ever few seconds and when I can heard the audio it very crunchy sounding line the audio is clipping and I don't have these issue when connecting my PC via HDMI to the OSSC Pro... I have the PS4 set to output LPCM audio.

Also there is some slight black clipping with OSSC Pro when the source, AV4 input and video output are all set to Full RGB when viewing the Lagom LCD Black level test on PC ... one above black is the same as the black background no matter how high I raise the brightness on my display... when I connect my PC directly to the display with Full RGB output set in the nvidia control there is no black clipping as one above black is distinguishable from the black background especially when I raise the brightness... is this something that could be fixed via a setting or by firmware update?
SGGG2

Post by SGGG2 »

Can someone list the new output options offered by Adaptive mode? In the first post it makes a mention of possible modes such as 4x240p and 2x480p in a standard 1080p frame.

Does scaler mode have rescaling options such as downscaling then scaling the resulting image to a desired resolution?
marqs

Post by marqs »

WasherFace wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:04 am Hey im having this problem with the gamecube gbi ossc pro preset when using hdmi input. When i try to use line 3x 360p on adaptive line multiplier mode, the image is way too skinny. Im using a 1080p display and pure line multiplier doesnt work in 3x at all it says out of range. Ive dug through all the settings i could but i cant find anything to fix it. I dont know if this is some kind of bug with the preset but itll be really nice if this mode would work as its my favorite way to play gba games. Line2x mode does work perfectly fine in both LM modes though and thats what it defaults to.
This was resolved elsewhere. GCVideo output is 960x360 which can be enforced to 480x360 via manual pixel de-repetition.
windaddy01 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:23 pm Is there an official place to report bugs or suggest features for the OSSC Pro?

Because when I connect my PS4 to the OSSC Pro via HDMI the audio cuts out ever few seconds and when I can heard the audio it very crunchy sounding line the audio is clipping and I don't have these issue when connecting my PC via HDMI to the OSSC Pro... I have the PS4 set to output LPCM audio.
VGP forums are probably best for tracking different bugs. There is a test firmware to resolve some audio compatibility issues - perhaps that could help in your case too. Link to it and related discussion is found here.
windaddy01 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:23 pm Also there is some slight black clipping with OSSC Pro when the source, AV4 input and video output are all set to Full RGB when viewing the Lagom LCD Black level test on PC ... one above black is the same as the black background no matter how high I raise the brightness on my display... when I connect my PC directly to the display with Full RGB output set in the nvidia control there is no black clipping as one above black is distinguishable from the black background especially when I raise the brightness... is this something that could be fixed via a setting or by firmware update?
Does that happen in both LM and scaler modes?
SGGG2 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:10 am Can someone list the new output options offered by Adaptive mode? In the first post it makes a mention of possible modes such as 4x240p and 2x480p in a standard 1080p frame.
See here.
SGGG2 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:10 amDoes scaler mode have rescaling options such as downscaling then scaling the resulting image to a desired resolution?
At the moment there is just a single scaler stage. Simple things like dropping every other line or repeating lines before actual scaling stage could be considered in future.
windaddy01

Post by windaddy01 »

marqs wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:55 pm
windaddy01 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:23 pm Also there is some slight black clipping with OSSC Pro when the source, AV4 input and video output are all set to Full RGB when viewing the Lagom LCD Black level test on PC ... one above black is the same as the black background no matter how high I raise the brightness on my display... when I connect my PC directly to the display with Full RGB output set in the nvidia control there is no black clipping as one above black is distinguishable from the black background especially when I raise the brightness... is this something that could be fixed via a setting or by firmware update?
Does that happen in both LM and scaler modes?
Yes it happens in both LM and scaler modes
windaddy01

Post by windaddy01 »

marqs wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:55 pm
windaddy01 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:23 pm Is there an official place to report bugs or suggest features for the OSSC Pro?

VGP forums are probably best for tracking different bugs. There is a test firmware to resolve some audio compatibility issues - perhaps that could help in your case too. Link to it and related discussion is found here.
The test firmware didn't resolve the issue with audio coming from my ps4...
SGGG2

Post by SGGG2 »

Leaning towards picking this up. Has anyone tried 720p/1080p "Adaptive" output on the OSSC Pro with a Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k capture card? Blackmagic makes devices for broadcast use and they have poor compatibility with odd signals. It doesn’t work with the original OSSC at all. I’m sure scaler mode is fine, but I’m looking to minimize latency.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm probably picking up an Elgato HD60X
GK6475

Post by GK6475 »

Will the OSSC Pro get a gamma adjustment option at some point? For some TVs/monitors it would be nice to have. Also, can the OSSC Pro do line multiplication before scaling, so that a 4x240p or 2x480p signal can be ratio scaled to 1080p?
SGGG2

Post by SGGG2 »

GK6475 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:59 pm Also, can the OSSC Pro do line multiplication before scaling, so that a 4x240p or 2x480p signal can be ratio scaled to 1080p?
I asked this question a while back, Marqs said scaler mode should be able to support a nearest neighbor interger scale before scaling again to full screen. It currently supports one scaling step.
GK6475

Post by GK6475 »

SGGG2 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:04 pm
GK6475 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:59 pm Also, can the OSSC Pro do line multiplication before scaling, so that a 4x240p or 2x480p signal can be ratio scaled to 1080p?
I asked this question a while back, Marqs said scaler mode should be able to support a nearest neighbor interger scale before scaling again to full screen. It currently supports one scaling step.
Ok, thanks for letting me know. Having this option would be the ultimate on 1080p displays.
fafangus

Post by fafangus »

jaffa225man wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 am
fafangus wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:41 pm Hi
It seems, for the moment, 240p-480i is instantaneous in only its scaler mode with constant Framelock off settings, and constant "Aspect ratio" settings in the "Scaler opt." menu. I tested this with my projector that always displays its different inputs upon resynching, my SNES, and the 240p Test Suite's 240p/480i switcher. Aspect ratio set to "Auto", or Framelock set to "Off (source Hz)" still made the projector re-synch occasionally, but setting each to a constant value works perfectly. I expect that marqs could patch the OSSC Pro to make it continue to output the last synched Aspect ratio and Source Hz until a new signal's setup is decidedly different with either value, but it may be more work than it's worth.

The image on digital output is replicated to analog output, so if you want both of your devices to ouput the same content, this should work. To add the CRT analog output, you'd probably want both the Extra AV output and the AV adapter addons when they are finished: https://junkerhq.net//xrgb/index.php?ti ... d_adapters
Hi
Thanks for the response ^^
I just buy it last week, can't wait to have it home ^^
Kretinou

Post by Kretinou »

Hi,
Did someone test the OSSC Pro with Midway PCB ? (NBA, MK, ...)
ARCADE-TEAM.COM
GK6475

Post by GK6475 »

Strange question, but would the OSSC Pro be able to decode and scale a signal from a 3DS capture card through its USB port? Perhaps with audio as well? The card that I have is from 3dscapture.com, but there are other variants as well.
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

No it can't do that sorry, the USB port is for remote controlling switches like the upcoming Infinity Switch.
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
SGGG2

Post by SGGG2 »

Just purchased, can't wait! :)

Can I get a part number for the amber display used for the initial batch. Want to swap displays ASAP, thanks.