MACROSS Shooting Insight PS4/Switch/PC

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Shelcoof

Re: MACROSS Shooting Insight PS4/Switch/PC

Post by Shelcoof »

hyp36rmax wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:34 am Here's a quickplay from the first stage on Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqsiJKHIqoY
Thank you!

Sadly this killed any hype I had for the game 😢
cfx

Post by cfx »

Udderdude wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:32 pm Honestly? Looks meh AF.
Did anyone expect anything else? It's Bushiroad, who published the equally meh Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid shmup, and they woudln't even show any real gameplay of this one in the promo videos.
hyp36rmax

Post by hyp36rmax »

Udderdude wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:32 pm Honestly? Looks meh AF.
Agreed. If only they did a modernized SDF Macross arcade with all the chaos in the background and ability to dynamically change modes at will.

Lost opportunity. Soulless.

I enjoyed this as a fan of Macross.
hyp36rmax

Post by hyp36rmax »

Shelcoof wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:13 am
hyp36rmax wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:34 am Here's a quickplay from the first stage on Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqsiJKHIqoY
Thank you!

Sadly this killed any hype I had for the game 😢
You’re welcome. Static modes made this game boring and repetitive.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

It looks like one part ghetto Bangaio, and one part ghetto Soukyugurentai.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Someone on Facebook gave it good review, his arrived today, no lingo issues if u not bovvered about story

"It's difficult on normal. It's fun if you're looking to unlock and play through all the available characters and Ace Dogfight mode. It's repetitive. lacking to full Macross experience.

Here's my quick review of the game as a Macross fan

I’ll admit after a few play throughs from very easy working your way up, the game finally clicks.

The lack of dynamically changing modes between fighter, gerwalk, and battroid is annoying. That isn’t something new, original Banpresto SDF Macross and Macross Plus Arcade vertical shooters did the same, albeit requiring a floating power up to shift modes. At least they got that.

What makes the lack of in stage transforming frustrating are the enemies who are able to do it! It’s apparent with Ace mode where you dogfight with iconic characters like Guld, Max, etc.

Speaking of… why not make them unlockable as additional playable fighters?! Would make that roster even more memorable.

Would have loved if Bushiroad incorporated a more stylish Itano Circus missile barrage. Even if it was short animation or fancy transformation.

It’s commendable Bushiroad went with a variety of shmup playstyles. Hence “Shooting Insight”, missed opportunities made this game feel lack luster and poorly executed.

Let’s talk about the bosses… that’s it?! Increasing HP based on difficulty. Would have loved to go against Sharon Apple hacked SDF, include dog fights as mid bosses. Disappointed in execution.

Stages are somewhat repetitive. That satellite stage is dumb. Would have been nice to have each series stage resemble the actual plot of the stories.

If only someone made a Cave like vertical shooter with dynamic transforming fighters using the Macross IP celebrating 40 years of content.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Here's a menu translation primer for you guys
https://twitter.com/hyp36rmax/status/17 ... 5952328003

Main Menu
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

I can't see how to add picture sorry
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

dmk1198 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:41 pm Someone on Facebook gave it good review, his arrived today, no lingo issues if u not bovvered about story

"It's difficult on normal. It's fun if you're looking to unlock and play through all the available characters and Ace Dogfight mode. It's repetitive. lacking to full Macross experience.

I’ll admit after a few play throughs from very easy working your way up, the game finally clicks.

The lack of dynamically changing modes between fighter, gerwalk, and battroid is annoying. That isn’t something new, original Banpresto SDF Macross and Macross Plus Arcade vertical shooters did the same, albeit requiring a floating power up to shift modes. At least they got that.

What makes the lack of in stage transforming frustrating are the enemies who are able to do it! It’s apparent with Ace mode where you dogfight with iconic characters like Guld, Max, etc.

Speaking of… why not make them unlockable as additional playable fighters?! Would make that roster even more memorable.

Would have loved if Bushiroad incorporated a more stylish Itano Circus missile barrage. Even if it was short animation or fancy transformation.

It’s commendable Bushiroad went with a variety of shmup playstyles. Hence “Shooting Insight”, missed opportunities made this game feel lack luster and poorly executed.

Let’s talk about the bosses… that’s it?! Increasing HP based on difficulty. Would have loved to go against Sharon Apple hacked SDF, include dog fights as mid bosses. Disappointed in execution.

Stages are somewhat repetitive. That satellite stage is dumb. Would have been nice to have each series stage resemble the actual plot of the stories.

If only someone made a Cave like vertical shooter with dynamic transforming fighters using the Macross IP celebrating 40 years of content.
It was Fabtek that got the exclusive rights to sell/distribute Banpresto's Super Dimensional Fortress Macross jamma conversion pcb kits in the USA back in 1992. If you were an anime fan back in 1992, it was quite something to play SDF Macross at the arcades. especially with the cool anime cutscenes that take place between stages (ala "Do You Remember Love" -- SDF Macross '84 anime film -- it was released in the USA under the title of "Clash of the Bionoids" on VHS tape albeit as an edited version, of course).

PC Engine fan X! ^_~
hyp36rmax

Post by hyp36rmax »

dmk1198 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:41 pm Someone on Facebook gave it good review, his arrived today, no lingo issues if u not bovvered about story

LOL That was me my bro!
hyp36rmax

Post by hyp36rmax »

Macross -Shooting Insight- is now LIVE on Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2103 ... g_Insight/

Steam PC Release GamePlay Menu

Steam PC Release Gallery Menu

Steam PC Release Ranking Menu

Steam PC Release Option Menu

Steam PC Release Option Menu | Game Settings | Windows Settings

Steam PC Release Option Menu | Windows Settings

Steam PC Release Option Menu | Control Settings

Steam PC Release Option Menu | Control Settings | Keyboard

Steam Character Select: Notice Hikaru is no longer available in the Steam release.

Switch DLC/PS4/PS5 Character Select: Notice Hikaru is available
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Macross Shooting Insight works like a charm on the Steam Deck -- so no worries in that particular department. It's a mere 2.34gb d/l at best. A game controller is recommended to play it properly. The initial price of $39.99 usd is quite reasonable (but you might want to wait for a sale if you want to get it cheaper).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
hyp36rmax

Post by hyp36rmax »

Steam DYRL DLC only shows up in Japanese Steam clients. IP Based.

Source Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/macross/commen ... t/kwx3yud/