What are you currently listening to?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
vol.2

Re: What are you currently listening to?

Post by vol.2 »

Lord British wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:07 am The best Scots of the time were Josef K, check that out if you haven't heard.
.https://youtu.be/FtK5enfl7GE?si=VQf_IhN-mS-A7Qu1
Sikkkkk. Never heard this before!

I love so much stuff from around then. I'm a sucker for a good pop tune like Strawberry Switchblade and Blue Nile, but there's so much stuff I haven't heard yet
Lord British

Post by Lord British »

vol.2 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:55 am
Lord British wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:07 am The best Scots of the time were Josef K, check that out if you haven't heard.

I love so much stuff from around then. I'm a sucker for a good pop tune like Strawberry Switchblade and Blue Nile, but there's so much stuff I haven't heard yet
Haven't heard Strawberry Switchblade much, that song holds up well! The Blue Nile I haven't heard of.
NYN

zowie Bowie

Post by NYN »

RGC wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:29 pm I like to picture David playing Ordyne while he sings What in the World.
Always Crashing in the Same Car: Bowie conceived Outrun.
WhatImageeven mean, though?!
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

Whisker

Post by Whisker »

guigui

Post by guigui »

Youth, green dress -- or yellow ? or is that even a dress? --, black people playing saxophone, cristaline tone, who needs more ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IyoLPvFU5Y
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
NYN

playing with organs

Post by NYN »

Following a feeling to familarize myself with classic organ music, I found Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor ("Dorian") very pleasing as an entry point. The first notes are very well known, if from parody or some other. The gal asked me to watch Interstellar again, knowing that I hold no longer any interest for Nolan. I'd gladly skip the final act (BAH!) for run time and "explanation", though the organ pieces are pleasant. You know, for a Zimmer production anyway...

Can't say how it grew to feel as this. Under the long range of Castlevania, I hold no doubt. And apparently we will go to a concert a few weeks from now. Some Bach and Philip Glass (for I know only his score to Candyman, that I certainly dig).
WhatImageeven mean, though?!
Lord British

Post by Lord British »

Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

Mermaid Melody (ITA Version)

Fun fact:
the singer and author of this song is Sol Bontempi, she was 14 years old at the time. This song was played in discos and clubs. Espescially the parts at 2:33 and the verses.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

Suzanne Ciani and Jonathan Fitoussi - Golden Apples Of The Sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS8jIPYHfXQ
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

Immryr wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:19 pm Suzanne Ciani and Jonathan Fitoussi - Golden Apples Of The Sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS8jIPYHfXQ
Love some Ciani. I found a copy of Seven Waves at a thrift store like a month ago and it's been on the rotation.

Also there's a great clip of her on Letterman.
Lander

Post by Lander »

The Newgrounds industrial classic, Walk Smash Walk by Sakupen.

The component parts aren't necessarily world-class, but as a total piece it coheres nicely.

If anyone has recommendations for similar electronic stuff composed from clanging metal pipes and such, I'll gladly take 'em.
hazys

Post by hazys »

The new Cindy Lee double LP, Diamond Jubilee, is amazing. He refused to put it on streaming platforms but it's available on Youtube. I don't really listen to indie rock anymore but this is the best release in that genre that I've heard in ages. If you miss 2000s lo-fi stuff like Ariel Pink or Woods, this is the album.

On the other hand the new Vampire Weekend album, Only God Was Above Us, seems pretty mediocre. I was never a huge fan of the band but I did like Modern Vampires of the City and parts of Father of the Bride, but this one seems very paint-by-numbers millennial pop.
vol.2 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:55 am

Have you heard Orange Juice? They're my favorites from the "Young Scotland" movement. But there's a lot of gems.

edit: I love Suzanne Ciani too! Seven Waves is a New Age classic.
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

hazys wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 pm
Have you heard Orange Juice? They're my favorites from the "Young Scotland" movement. But there's a lot of gems.
Fo sho! Love sum Juice. Too bad they broke up when they did, but I guess they didn't really fit in with the other guys at the time. Too poppy for the post punks, too weird for the mainstream new wave crowd, too Scottish for anyone to know about them in the US.

I think I posted one of there songs here. Oh yep, one page back
Steven

Post by Steven »

Just got back from BUMP OF CHICKEN's Homesick Eisei 2024 tour. What a beautiful show it was, as expected, and possibly the best show I have ever seen them do. I REALLY wanted to go to the previous Homesick Eisei in 2008 but couldn't, so it is quite fortunate that the band quite literally said "We did Homesick Eisei 16 years ago, so let's do it again with almost exactly the same setlists from 16 years ago!" I've wanted to see all of the rare songs from that tour ever since then and now I finally got to see all of them all of these years later. It's such a great feeling after so many years.

It was also extremely good to see some things again that I haven't seen them play since 2013~2016. I love those guys so much and it was so good to see them again.